Thread: Rounderslife Brandi Rose Hawbaker thread today

Load Metric

Rounderslife Brandi Rose Hawbaker thread today

https://twitter.com/RounderLife/status/1668778394367000576

Interesting and unfamiliar with this/her but the people are ones we know some of here. Maybe its because the whole Jami Lafay situation but this was on my Twitter this morning and it had me think of this site of course.

Sad and R.I.P.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    https://twitter.com/RounderLife/status/1668778394367000576

Interesting and unfamiliar with this/her but the people are ones we know some of here. Maybe its because the whole Jami Lafay situation but this was on my Twitter this morning and it had me think of this site of course.

Sad and R.I.P.

Captain Tom lols ... #bringbackbullying

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Vegas chews people up and spits them out every day- her getting chewed up was just a little bit more public than most (hey! It's an 7th rate poker board, mirite?)

I am sorry for her and those affected like Drexel.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The guy is an idiot and has lots of details wrong.

It's become fashionable recently for people who barely know the story to tell it as if they do.

This is more clickbait bullshit from Evert Caldwell, whose gimmick for the last 4 years has been defending his buddy Postle.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He's also trying to link the modern controversies with Jami Lafay to Brandi, yet these are incredibly different situations.

Among other major differences, Lafay is a middle aged woman, while Brandi was young.

Gold
    Load Metric
    It’s very sad what happened to Brandi. I would really like to help young adults who feel the way she did once I am done with business. It’s really a tragedy, I don’t know many details but suicide is a very sad thing. I hope her parents were ok

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers I do not see this magazine cover as appropriate.

Load Metric
    Seems like some sort of a troll job. Especially leading with the "I will fly some day" quote given it's original context. I could be wrong but this guy seems like a piece of shit. also the 15 year anniversary was 2 months ago so it doesn't even make sense why releasing it now...
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    It’s very sad what happened to Brandi. I would really like to help young adults who feel the way she did once I am done with business. It’s really a tragedy, I don’t know many details but suicide is a very sad thing. I hope her parents were ok

Captain Tom's dick on her back for buyins ... all you need to know lols

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Seems like some sort of a troll job. Especially leading with the "I will fly some day" quote given it's original context. I could be wrong but this guy seems like a piece of shit. also the 15 year anniversary was 2 months ago so it doesn't even make sense why releasing it now...
    He's spend the last four years on Twitter defending Postle.

'Nuff said

Load Metric
    Too many took advantage of cute mentally ill girl, as she did of them.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Too many took advantage of cute mentally ill girl, as she did of them.

the human condition of most.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Honestly I was surprised that, during the poker boom, we didn't have more pretty girls in their 20s showing up in poker and scamming young dorky poker pros.

The opportunity was definitely there. You had the perfect storm:

1) Dorks in their 20s who abruptly went from near broke to being worth millions

2) Said dorks having little past experience with women, due to both their age and general lack of game

3) Said dorks having little life experience protecting their money, being both young and only recently rich

4) Said dorks not having the natural suspicion that these girls are using them for money, given that young women are in their same age group. (Compare this to a rich guy in his 50s, who will instantly think "money" if a young girl is suddenly into him.)

A few young women saw the opportunity and jumped on it. Some were just gold diggers. Some were using these dudes for buyins and backing, but not outright scamming. Some were outright stealing/scamming. But overall, there were a lot fewer of these women than you'd have expected, especially given how mainstream 2000s poker was.

Today the opportunity is still there, but it's tougher. Due to Black Friday, there are relatively few young poker dudes out there (this is why Landon Tice was able to rise to fame so quickly), and the older ones are a lot more suspicious/cautious/experienced. There's also fewer rich pros out there than there used to be, due to the fewer number of fish in the pool to feed them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Honestly I was surprised that, during the poker boom, we didn't have more pretty girls in their 20s showing up in poker and scamming young dorky poker pros.

2) Said dorks having little past experience with women, due to both their age and general lack of game

3) Said dorks having little life experience protecting their money, being both young and only recently rich

4) Said dorks not having the natural suspicion that these girls are using them for money, given that young women are in their same age group. (Compare this to a rich guy in his 50s, who will instantly think "money" if a young girl is suddenly into him.)

A few young women saw the opportunity and jumped on it. Some were just gold diggers. Some were using these dudes for buyins and backing, but not outright scamming. Some were outright stealing/scamming. But overall, there were a lot fewer of these women than you'd have expected, especially given how mainstream 2000s poker was.

Today the opportunity is still there, but it's tougher. Due to Black Friday, there are relatively few young poker dudes out there (this is why Landon Tice was able to rise to fame so quickly), and the older ones are a lot more suspicious/cautious/experienced. There's also fewer rich pros out there than there used to be, due to the fewer number of fish in the pool to feed them.
    Honestly poker players just don;t make that much money even during the boom. Most of them lived in poker houses renting rooms. Their lifestyles were pretty shitty. Much the same with today's professional video game players. Anyways, the people who made money from the poker boom were affiliates and poker rooms.

Much better ROI going for a law/medical student or entrepreneur back then. Even better get with the fish who is losing all the money at the tables because they probably had more money and a better life than the online players.

Also don't forget that even gold diggers have standards. They don't want to date a perceived loser. They tend to care very much about social status and in turn want their partner to be seen as successful in numerous aspects of life
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Strictly pro gamers, sure. But the ones with a personality are living larger off of twitch/youtube than most poker boom guys.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Strictly pro gamers, sure. But the ones with a personality are living larger off of twitch/youtube than most poker boom guys.
    Yes I should clarify that most top streamers have great social skills. See all the tail someone like mizkif pulls. I’m talking about actual competitive professional gamers who play pathologically. It’s very rare to find a top streamer who is actually a competitive professional gamer.

Comments

Sanlmar: +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Honestly poker players just don;t make that much money even during the boom. Most of them lived in poker houses renting rooms. Their lifestyles were pretty shitty. Much the same with today's professional video game players. Anyways, the people who made money from the poker boom were affiliates and poker rooms.

Much better ROI going for a law/medical student or entrepreneur back then. Even better get with the fish who is losing all the money at the tables because they probably had more money and a better life than the online players.

Also don't forget that even gold diggers have standards. They don't want to date a perceived loser. They tend to care very much about social status and in turn want their partner to be seen as successful in numerous aspects of life
    The problem is that these chicks aren't going to find many young doctors/lawyers with money already. They will find ones with future earning potential. The rich ones tend to be middle aged or older, and are wise to the gold digger thing.

Additionally, as poker deals with cash, newly rich poker guys tend to be very free with it, whereas people making $ from a regular profession are not always used to big money flying back and forth. If young women in the 2000s realized how easy the $ was by dating poker guys, there would have been a lot more of them (both scammers and gold diggers) taking advantage.

Load Metric
    Yes I should clarify that most top streamers have great social skills. See all the tail someone like mizkif pulls. I’m talking about actual competitive professional gamers who play pathologically. It’s very rare to find a top streamer who is actually a competitive professional gamer.
    I mean, if you are banking 7 figures from streaming, there is 0 incentive to "go pro". Make more money just dicking around.

I would not be surprised to see this happen to basketball soon, in a way. Remember that Ice Cube owned 3v3 league? What if the Saudi's hop in and buy it? Then they offer like...Ja Morant $100m/year to play?

Comments

Sanlmar: +1

Load Metric

I mean, if you are banking 7 figures from streaming, there is 0 incentive to "go pro". Make more money just dicking around.

I would not be surprised to see this happen to basketball soon, in a way. Remember that Ice Cube owned 3v3 league? What if the Saudi's hop in and buy it? Then they offer like...Ja Morant $100m/year to play?
    This is beautiful & original thinking.

Poker in the age of social media bears no semblance to the game I played and the players I followed back in the day. The ecosystem is something else entirely. Will the NBA devolve in the same way? Ok, let’s just say it might become something else entirely as did poker.

Load Metric

Yes we’ve seen mayweather, Mcgreggor, and Paul all capitalize on this.

Wonder how much musk vs Zuckerberg will make?

Comments

Sanlmar: palm to forehead. yes

Thread Information