Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I've been deleting threads and posts lately

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    How do you feel about Drexel avoiding posting on this forum like the plague, but being an active moderator at REDACTED?
    Drexel tried to post here yesterday, but his messages were also deleted.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The reason that there hasn't been any kind of productive conversation, and things have gotten worse, is because I don't believe I'm getting real sincerity here.

It would actually be a lot more refreshing if they said, "Druff, you suck, your forum sucks, you do a shitty job moderating, we have decided to move the entire party elsewhere."

Instead I repeatedly get, "We have nothing against you, we aren't trying to hurt PFA, we're just trying to have fun, etc"

Yet the actions I've been seeing contradict that.

If you cut through all the bullshit, there are two truths here:

1) There is no reason for a second PFA for a community as small as this one

2) If you create one despite #1, then you're probably trying to replace it

I understand that sonatine initially created the site for finance talk. I don't believe he had a devious plan in mind. I actually believe everything he wrote in his initial May PM to me.

I just think some things have changed since then, especially since certain third parties showed up there and decided to encourage perhaps making the site about finance AND a PFA replacement. Kind of how this site operates with the dual purpose of exposing poker scams AND continuing the old NWP community.

A lot of the attempts to copy what's going on here really makes me believe that the new site is now being viewed as a PFA replacement, not just a finance site which happens to have some membership crossover because it's run by sonatine.

If this isn't meant as a hostile act intending to take PFA's traffic, it's sure as hell coming off that way..

Additionally, it's off-putting that someone who very publicly quit PFA in April 2018 thinks there's absolutely nothing rude about attempting to start a competing forum, and then come back here for the sole purpose of promoting/spamming it.

Like, srsly.
    How do you feel about Drexel avoiding posting on this forum like the plague, but being an active moderator at REDACTED?
    I've seen him make a few one-liner posts over there, that's about it. Doesn't matter to me.

Besides, in general I don't like telling anyone where they should or shouldn't post. I just don't like the way this was handled by certain people.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    If you guys let cmoney fake his death over there I am going to fucking lose it

Comments

OSA: best post of the thread

jsearles22: Legitimately LOL’d

Jayjami:

Tellafriend: zinger

gimmick:

YUUP:

MumblesBadly: (Facebook Dad LOL meme)

snowtracks: Solid Gold

nunbeater: oh SNAP NIGGA

Load Metric

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 3.45.47 PM.png
Views: 492
Size:  153.2 KB

if we close out the week above .420 ill let cmoney fake his death over there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 3.45.47 PM.png
Views: 492
Size:  153.2 KB

if we close out the week above .420 ill let cmoney fake his death over there.
    WHY I OUGHTTA

Load Metric

RIP

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Wait is there a new skatzpoker I'm literally running out of yahoo email addressees

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Wait is there a new skatzpoker I'm literally running out of yahoo email addressees

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    all of this infighting is making me puke! Can't we just get along?

Load Metric
    this thread sux.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you sux

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Crybaby tommy sux lol so fucking funny. Tine ya gotta quit talking out of both sides of your ass.

Comments

dwai: two face Jace
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Load Metric
    TO BE FAAAIIRRRR, two-face jace plays

Load Metric

Load Metric
    What was that link again?

Load Metric
    I've been invited to join the new site.

What's the site name so I can open up my account?

For all the big dick fan boys and girls out there don't you worry too much I will still post on PFA regularly

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    What's the site name so I can open up my account?
    Welcome aboard! The name of the site is [redacted] and the url is [redacted]

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    all of this infighting is making me puke! Can't we just get along?

Looks like Tyde is freed .. on other site atleast.. same old tyde this time fighting with TINE.. so he hasn't changed.

Comments

sonatine: hes a man of strong convictions

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    PLOP, I saw what you did and you're going to have to answer for it motherfucker.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: PLOP

Load Metric
    Hi, I wanted to respond to some of this but I am only going to speak for myself and not "the group", since a lot of this has gotten out of hand and of course everybody has their own opinions and allegiances and what-have-yous. I honestly don't want a forum war, and I hope this doesn't become an endless back and forth where I have to keep blocking off hours of my day to hash out meaningless internet beefs. In my early 20s I would've been all about it, as I lived on the interenet back then. Now, I'm trying to have a more balanced life where I put real life first. And I know /for sure/ Brandon does not want to be dragged into whatever internet drama this is. Also, I'm not sure why we're using code names, but I'm going to use people's real names/usernames if that's ok. I'm not trying to antagonize you by doing that.

I'll try to break down some of the parts that are directly about me, hopefully to clear things up for you and possibly for other members too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    "Andy" is another friend of Tim's. He's also a longtime member here.
    Ok, so I guess I'm Andy here. That's kind of cute, I always liked that name. It's true I am friendly with SrslySirius, as I'm friendly with many members and former members. However, there's actually only two people on this forum that I would call an actual friend. One is Drexel, and the other is WilieMcFML (who has nothing to do with any of this btw). In the past I would've put OSA in that group too, but he doesn't want to talk to me anymore for reasons that are understable and fine with me. Moving on,

Andy also quit PFA awhile ago (for reasons unknown), but has been posting very actively on a dupe. The dupe's real identity is essentially an open secret. It isn't clear to me why "Andy" will only post on a dupe, but again, given his longtime good posting history here, I didn't question it.
    I honestly thought you would've pieced together why I left, but I'll try to clarify it for you. There were actually several reasons why I left. The site was becoming not what it used to be. The content quality had gone downhill. While I don't agree with all the decisions you've made, I don't blame you for that. It's just the nature of the beast. I think one of the big problems is, when you register an account here, you have to wait 5 days for your account to be approved before you can even make a post. What forum could grow a user base using that model? I totally understand why you have it set up that way, you don't want a crazy person to come on while you're sleeping and start posting personal information about you/your family. I wouldn't want that either, but it's also because you don't want to give up any control of the site to allow somebody else to screen accounts or the forum for you.

But actually the reason I "left" was after the Cmoney thing. I really don't want to rehash that whole thing. But there was a member of this forum who for months claimed he was dying of cancer, something that is obviously very personal to many people. Then he faked his own death. When I see something like that, it makes me want to step back and re-evaluate if I want to be actively associated with the site. You knew Cmoney was faking cancer the entire time and didn't say anything or stop it. Please don't say it had anything to do with Lewfather, because I know that's not true. I'm actually not blaming you for this, the responsibility for that is with Cmoney, and to a lesser extent some of his henchmen who actively perpetrated the lie.

I actually didn't "quit", I just stopped posting and wanted to re-evaluate if I wanted to still be a part of a forum that was on a downward spiral filled with drama and people pretending to be dying. But occasionally I'd come back and read the forums and I'd feel I had something to say (usually something sarcastic or trollish), and I wanted to be able to do that but didn't want to do it on this account. So I created a dupe account where I could occasionally post and respond to things I saw on here. Eventually that morphed in to me being more active. It was kinda nice having a dupe because I could be more trollish towards people, but also provide some quality content here and there. I never tried to hide the IP address or anything like that, and I knew you'd go through record logs and find out who I am and probably where I live and who I associate with and where I work. I didn't try to hide that because I wasn't doing anything malicious towards you.

There were definitely times where I'd take a break and wouldn't be as active on the dupe. Even when I was on my PLOL account back in the day I'd take breaks (I know you're not one to take breaks, but they can be good for you mentally and can help put the internet in perspective). And then you'd start conspiracies that I'm not posting because I'm in a gay mafia chat group called Rainbow Flops and they won't let me post here. All totally fine btw, I'm all for trolling and having fun on the internet.

There's some other things that contributed to me not wanting to come back on this account, but I don't really want to get into them and I doubt you do either, so I'll leave it be. For better or worse, this community has been a part of my life since I was 17. I'm damn near 30 now and my perspective on things has changed in that time. Internet fun is all well and good, but when it starts bleeding over into my real life and my personal life gets brought into it, I don't like that. It's all just internet nonsense to me. I like trolling around and making sarcastic replies to people, but it's honestly never malicious. Hell, Chinamaniac probably thinks I hate him because I've relentlessly trolled him. I actually don't, I just think it's funny to get under his skin a bit. And then he'll get drunk and tell me to choke on a dick or whatever. It's great, it's just internet fun.

However, Andy must also have issues with me, because as soon as Tim attempted to blow up Jerry's new site, Andy mostly stopped posting here (even under his dupe), and only started posting on Jerry's forum.
    Wrong. I don't have issues with you. You assume that I take this stuff as seriously as you do. I don't agree with the direction the site has gone, but I don't have an issue with you and I'm not trying to facilitate a takeover of your site. Again, I speak for myself only and what other members are trying to do is on them and out of the realm of my control. People should just post wherever they want. Nobody should have authoritarian rule. It's not even true that I stopped posting here on my dupe. I just didn't post as much because now there's multiple outlets where I can express something, including an outlet that isn't right-wing dominated with a bunch of history. Again, nothing wrong with that, but it's good to have options for where I want to post something. But I've literally averaged 1 post a day on stockamets since I've joined. So I'm not exactly bringing the hits there either.

Please don't say I'm "only" posting on Sonatine's site because you don't know where I post. I make a small amount of posts here, and I make a small amount of posts on Sonatines site, and I make occasional tweets, and I make posts on an architecture forum, and I make posts on an Ikea-related design forum. Hell, right now I'm the most active on the Ikea-centric design forum. People post pictures of their Skiftebo Yellow Strandmon Wing Chair in their nook, and it's nothing but positive responses from users on how great it looks. Very refreshing. So please don't tell me I only post on stockaments when I have 60 posts over a two month period. And please don't try to dictate where I can and cannot post. I can post my content wherever I want, and I haven't done it in a way that's rude to you (other than perhaps in a lightly trollish way, since that's my personality after all). I'm sure you're also welcome to post on stockamets, and you can post here, and you can post on the architecture forum if you'd like. However I will ask that you not post on the Ikea-focused design forum, as it's carefully curated and right now there's only positive people on there and I don't want drama being brought over there.

Tim and Andy went on to create threads on Jerry's forum which were identical to the most popular ones on PFA.
    "ELON TUSK IS GOD"
    "Songs you like, post them here"
    A Trump thread was then created by another user, with an almost-identical name to the one here. It was clear was what happening. However, I still said nothing.
    Lol, the "Songs you like, post them here" thread was mine. I actually made the thread because there was a song I liked that I felt like posting/sharing it. When I started making the thread I thought of naming it "Songs you like, post them here" because I thought it would be trollish and funny if I named it exactly the same as the PFA thread. And I was right, it was funny. But no, it wasn't part of a carefully coordinated plan to take down your site. It's literally just me being a lol internet troll, but it wasn't meant to be malicious towards you. And of course similar threads are going to be created at stockaments. It's the same user base (at least right now) so wouldn't it make sense that the same topics would come up. I have zero control at stockamets (just like I have zero control here), but it would seem to me that the sites can co-exist.

Again, a lot of these things I do that you think are malicious are just me trolling for the lols. I mean I went on SealsWithClubs and created the username "BryanMicon". I didn't do it because I hate Micon, I actually don't. I just thought it would be funny, and I was right it was. It's the same reason why I changed my avatar to be identical to another users and put a huge "stockamets" in my signature. I'm just stirring the pot and getting into a little trouble because it's entertaining to me. But you take it so personally and think I'm in some machiavellian plot to destroy you. I can assure you, I don't take things that seriously as to be an active part of that.

Then Tim decided he was going to take it to the next level. He bumped three different threads on PFA, blatantly and obnoxiously spamming ads for Jerry's forum. The language of this spam was encouraging people to leave PFA and go over to Jerry's site.
    Lol, SrslySirius definitely was out of line there. He was just being a dick, and actually the group told him that and encouraged him to not poke the bear. But again, I can't control what other people do. You and Thomas obviously have your own beef and seem to dislike each other, but I have no dog in that fight. That's between ya'all.

Tim and Andy did talk privately with me on and off, and I always thought we were friendly acquaintances at the very least. I was pretty shocked to see this sort of behavior.
    Buddy I had no part in that. The "malicious behavior" that I've engaged in is literally making a few posts on a 8th tier forum that, between you and me, I have no idea what direction it's trying to go in. I mean ok, sometimes I'll privately message somebody behind your back and be like "Who is Druff fighting with on the internet today? lol". I guess today that person is me.

Tim wanted a radio show over on Jerry's new site. I'm sure you can guess why. You can't completely replace PFA without a weekly radio show, right? But it's a totally different radio show which totally has nothing to do with PFA and totally isn't trying to steal PFA's traffic. Well, except...
    - They have a $50 freeroll
    - They asked Brandon to co-host it - The thread about it is entitled "*** OFFICIAL RADIO THREAD ***"
    - It takes place on Sunday, which was the day of the week I did my last PFA show
    - Every single host on the show is/was an active PFA member Totally different, folks.
    Hoo boy, ok let me try to explain radio. And thank you for not changing Brandon's name, as it would have caused more confusion for me trying to decipher another fake name.

I don't even think Thomas or Sonatine or Brandon even realize this, but radio actually started as my idea. I said something off handed in a group chat that Brandon should do a radio show. I remembered the old shows Drexel used to do which were very entertaining, and I thought it would be good for him to have an outlet. Thomas added that he was "totally down", and eventually it morphed into the four of us doing it together and it would also have a stock component to it, but also be mostly a variety show where we just shoot the shit about whatever topics we feel like, while calling up some characters that would make for interesting radio. The show isn't even going to be on stockamets. It's going to be broadcast and archived on Youtube, and then the show archive would be posted on stockamets and on PFA, so the most amount of people could reach.

Druff, you have an 8 hour one man show that's mostly about poker. Our show will not be like that at all. I have no interest in beating poker into the ground, and I know Brandon feels the same way. It's why Brandon doesn't quite fit into your show. In that sense the show is /not/ a competing show. Of course it's tangentially related to your show in that it's former and current PFA members who are involved and some of the characters might be familiar to PFA members. But why is that "stealing" your show? We would never tell people to not listen to your show. If people want to listen to our show and then listen to your show, I think that'd be great. There's enough ears for everybody to co-exist. Brandon even suggested we give your show a shoutout, and tell people they should tune it to your show.

I think you have this idea that it's going to be a Todd bashing show, and that is not at all what the show is supposed to be. It's just an entertainment show. Somebody like Marty would be welcome to call in, but if he starts going off on a 10 minute rant against you, we're going to snap him off the air. I know you're concerned about people calling up and revealing personal information about you. I have no interest in being a part of that. If that's allowed to happen, I would not be part of the show any longer.

I know you probably won't believe this, but the fact that it's on Sunday night and you last had a show on Sunday, is totally a coincidence. For one thing, I don't even see PFA radio as a Sunday show. I didn't even realize you had been holding it on Sunday night the last couple times. The day of the week for your show is constantly moving around. Whereas our show would always just be on Sunday at the same time to make it easier for the listeners. The reason we decided on Sunday is it's the most convenient day of the week to hold it as nobody would be working then and everybody would be free.

I honestly don't see the issue with this. PFA members can't have their own variety show which broadcasts on youtube and is sponsored by a site you don't like?

Honestly, the biggest mistake we made was having Thomas post the thread. We actually had a discussion about this. I thought, and everybody else thought, it would be better to have Drexel make the thread. Drexel felt you might take it as disrespectful if he comes back after not posting for years to advertise this show. To me that made sense, since we were honestly just trying to make a thread about the show without antagonizing you. For me to post it wouldn't have made sense because I'm supposed to be a "background character" on the show, and I haven't posted on PLOL in a while. Sonatine could've posted it but then you're just associating it with stockamets and then you're potentially angry with Sonatine and his site. We agreed that it'd make sense for Thomas to make the thread and that he should do it under his SrslySirius account instead of his dupe, so it wouldn't look so trollish. Then after he makes the thread, I would reply to the thread under my PLOL account and Drexel would post under his account and Sonatine would post under his, so we could legitimize it and not have it seem like we're just trolling you or being disrespectful. We thought about waiting until our conference call before posting it but didn't want to wait until Thursday night when the show is on Sunday already. We wanted to give people a little more heads up about the show.

I even asked the group if we thought you would delete the thread if we posted it. Drexel said you wouldn't be that disrespectful towards a project he's a part of and I'm a part of when he's been such a big contributor to this community for so many years. I agreed and felt the same way, and so we told Thomas to make a thread. In retrospect I probably should've just made it, or Drexel, as Thomas couldn't resist needling you with the thread title a little bit. But come on, this is just internet nonsense. Is it really that important to you to have 100% control over every aspect of this community? I honestly don't get it.

Alright, this is now the longest post I've made on the internet since I painted my Billy bookcase a very gorgeous teal color to compliment my Poäng reading chair. I honestly don't want to go back and forth on this forever, and I know we have our scheduled 4 hour internet zoom meeting tomorrow, and then of course we probably need a pre-meeting conference call and then of course I'll likely have a post-meeting discussion, so I will have tomorrow blocked off.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Excellent post and thank you for clarifying for the rest of us

GambleBotsChafedPenis: I'm Giving You This Rep Just Because You're PLOP Rep

Crowe Diddly: WHY DO YOU HATE DRUFF SO MUCH?!?!?!

OSA: you cant call people friends and then treat them the way you do and say nasty hurtful things.

gimmick:

SrslySirius:

splitthis: Douche

wrenchjockey: says nasty and hurtful things to me but I'm still a fan
    Last edited by PLOL; 07-15-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    lol internets

Thread Information