Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO IS A DUMP THREAD (mostly to tilt Jimmyg) OFFICIAL ***

Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO IS A DUMP THREAD (mostly to tilt Jimmyg) OFFICIAL ***

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Okay.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Snead View Post
    Okay.
    Please keep thread on topic and your TDS out of it, thanks!

Load Metric

Load Metric
    San Francisco is terribly overrated. I remember the first time I was there I was like 'really?' I have not been there since they had the onslaught of homeless people have taken over, but I personally was unimpressed. Parts of California are nice though, I am especially fond of the JW Marriott in Santa Monica.

The five worst cities I have ever visited:

#5 is Seattle. Just a bunch of bums wandering around, rains all the time

#4 is Rochester, NY. When you go there you wonder why it even exists especially with the fail of Kodak

#3 is Syracuse, NY. I have never seen a more depressive city

#2 is Newark, NJ. Everything about that city sucks, especially the airport. Corey Booker was the mayor there, and we can all agree he is awful

#1 without a doubt is Portland, OR. This city flat out sucks. If you want to be accosted by bums this is definitely the city for you. If we ever had a real life Escape from New York, this would be the place to house prisoners

Comments

Walter Sobchak: thanks for your opinion shithead

Load Metric
    Went 11 years ago and had a great time. The highlight was the time spent in Napa/Calistoga.

We did a short bus tour of the city (appropriate for me some will say) and the tour guide and I had a talk where he said he could see things starting to come unglued in parts of the city that normally were held together. He point to me was they powers that be historically pushed the homeless/drug population out to the parks near the bridge but they had started to venture out into “Downtown”. Seems like that trend has continued from a distance.

Should really set up “zones of help” Out from the middle of the city away from commerce.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    The outdoor restaurants in San Francisco are wonderful.

Comments

dwai: your best post

Load Metric
    Rather than ban clove cigarettes, I’d prefer they lace them with arsenic because I have never met anyone who wasn’t a compete douche smoking a Clove cigarette. And that’s a bigger thing with hippie/left kids, so I’d be taking out some of my own voters, but greater good and all. Whenever I smell one, it’s attached to someone with a really punchable face.

Comments

dwai: lol yeah cloves

Load Metric
    I almost moved with my parents to Fremont when I was 16. The NUMMI plant, which was a joint venture between Toyota and General Motors offered my dad a job. He really considered it. I was at that tweener age where I could go stay with a buddy and his family or go. GM had so much upheaval that we had moved to Phoenix/Glendale for a year in middle school and my father was a supervisor at a nuclear plant there, and then General Motors opened again back here and we came back.

I hated coming back. Then a few years later they looked again to close, and he was offered a job at NUMMI.

I loved living in Phoenix and was crushed to come back. I had made great friends and was thriving. I had family there. School was so easy because it was such a transient city that it was like going back two or three grade levels. That was the only downside. They wanted my parents to skip me many grades because Arizona education at the time was so far behind the East. It was my first glimpse into why few people in the west send their kids to public schools. In Ohio, the better schools are public schools. Catholic schools are good also, but if you live in a nice suburb, they are on equal terms.

Out there, not even close. I know the east coast is similar in places.

By 16, I had a girlfriend and was immersed with sports and my friends and was really up in the air on the move. I would have been dead set against any move outside a few places and that was one of them.

For someone with my interest in music and literature, SF was nirvana. I recall the first thing I wanted to see was City Lights bookshop, where it had all began with the beat poets.

I recall walking the city trying to find it. My dad eventually decided against it. He actually let me have a little input being an only child and I recall saying if you really think it’s better, take it. I’m not sure I’ll come now, but I’ll come a lot and look to settle out here once finished. I thought it was the greatest city in the world. I hadn’t traveled abroad much yet beyond Canada at that age. I loved it. I loved riding the BART and checking out the neighborhoods. I loved Sausalito and we had family up in Glenellen. I loved the Asian girls even then, considering I saw none at home outside a Chinese restaurant. It was a bad age to start a new school at 16, but I loved the city.

We spent a solid two weeks out there and it was a hard call for him. He was only like 37, but had 16 years already at GM. I think his time would go with him, but there were complications that I can’t recall exactly with the Toyota end. Kind of split management where you wouldn’t be sure who you answered to.

In retrospect, I always wished we had stayed in Phoenix or he had taken the NUMMI job. It worked out for him. He was able to finish his time and retired with like 34 years at 55. The friends I hated to leave are still my friends today, and being an only child, me friendships are a huge thing to me, and I have great ones. The opportunity to have grown up in one of those booming areas would have taken my life in a different direction though, as instead I found myself in the most dying region of the country with kids of steel workers and not much opportunity. I always assumed I’d just go back later in life, but it was already extraordinarily expensive back then when I looked at jobs out of college. I ran into the same problem in LA. It was hard to pay $1500 for a two bedroom apartment when you can have a 2700 square foot home where I live and all your friends are there. It was short term thinking in retrospect as the opportunity in booming towns is invaluable.

It’s a shame SF has fallen apart so badly with the homeless and certain areas. Clearly the worst parts are highlighted and it’s a punching bag for the right, and I’ve been back many times and know it’s still an awesome place, people don’t pay $5k a month to live there in a one bedroom for no reason, but it had lost some of its charm when I visited. The BART was just clean and perfect in 1985. It was a little dirtier and had some questionable people the few times I rode in later decades. Still nicer than a NYC subway back in the 90s when I travelled around a lot.
    Last edited by BCR; 07-12-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Load Metric
    i was there a couple years ago. i was shocked by how disgusting the city is. just human shit and syringes littering the downtown streets

Load Metric
    Oh gee, another 'SF sucks' thread. LOL, What is this like the 10th one?
    Yeah, SF is just a city full of people that like to pay millions to be surround by sidewalks full of shit.
    We love shit on our expensive sidewalks, that is just who we are.

SF is the ONLY town in the USA w/homeless people and bad areas.

Dwai you couldn't "tilt" me in million years,
    I must've came a little too close w/ the joe dirt picture, huh?

I'm flattered that I get SF so much attention here,
    (I actually live in Oakland now, so if you want to do a thread on some part of Oakland I'll never see, go for it.)
    since if I avg even like 2 posts a day I'd be shocked.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: SF sucks
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Oh gee, another 'SF sucks' thread. LOL, What is this like the 10th one?
    Yeah, SF is just a city full of people that like to pay millions to be surround by sidewalks full of shit.
    We love shit on our expensive sidewalks, that is just who we are.

SF is the ONLY town in the USA w/homeless people and bad areas.

Dwai you couldn't "tilt" me in million years,
    I must've came a little too close w/ the joe dirt picture, huh?

I'm flattered that I get SF so much attention here,
    (I actually live in Oakland now, so if you want to do a thread on some part of Oakland I'll never see, go for it.)
    since if I avg even like 2 posts a day I'd be shocked.
    Name:  1200px-Tilt-A-Whirl_in_Saskatchewan.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  288.0 KB

Load Metric

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    These were the good ol' days there of 2010.

Back then, the houses were crooked.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Load Metric
    Will readily admit that downtown Portland is awful and the homeless here do seem to be extra grimy.

I work in the Pearl district (a nice part) and have to step over shitbags almost daily.

Had to be in the Portland State library for my business analytics program and went to the bathroom only to find some scumbag washing his ass in the bathroom with a foot bath for Muslims (lol) while heating up ramen noodles on the counter.

Also the people are ugly as hell and obnoxiously ill-informed. Nine months of rain is probably not sustainable for me long term.

The area is great in terms of outdoors, fishing, etc. but shit outside of that. Aiming to move to Colorado post COVID.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    2x
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Will readily admit that downtown Portland is awful and the homeless here do seem to be extra grimy.

I work in the Pearl district (a nice part) and have to step over shitbags almost daily.

Had to be in the Portland State library for my business analytics program and went to the bathroom only to find some scumbag washing his ass in the bathroom with a foot bath for Muslims (lol) while heating up ramen noodles on the counter.

Also the people are ugly as hell and obnoxiously ill-informed. Nine months of rain is probably not sustainable for me long term.

The area is great in terms of outdoors, fishing, etc. but shit outside of that. Aiming to move to Colorado post COVID.
    I stayed in downtown Portland about 5 years ago and it wasn't that bad, but probably a lot has changed since then.

I think I was in Embassy Suites Portland Downtown, if you know where that is.

Load Metric
    2x
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I stayed in downtown Portland about 5 years ago and it wasn't that bad, but probably a lot has changed since then.

I think I was in Embassy Suites Portland Downtown, if you know where that is.
    Yes it's bad. I hate the downtown and avoid outside of work and NBA. A good example where hardcore liberal policies turned a nice downtown into a gaping shithole.

Not much difference at all between MAGAtards and hard leftists in terms of blind allegiance.

Pockles and others have commented on how the shitty weather fucks with your head and they're right.

Still like life here overall but aiming to relocate to Colorado in the next few years

Thread Information