Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO IS A DUMP THREAD (mostly to tilt Jimmyg) OFFICIAL ***

Bronze
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Will readily admit that downtown Portland is awful and the homeless here do seem to be extra grimy.

I work in the Pearl district (a nice part) and have to step over shitbags almost daily.

Had to be in the Portland State library for my business analytics program and went to the bathroom only to find some scumbag washing his ass in the bathroom with a foot bath for Muslims (lol) while heating up ramen noodles on the counter.

Also the people are ugly as hell and obnoxiously ill-informed. Nine months of rain is probably not sustainable for me long term.

The area is great in terms of outdoors, fishing, etc. but shit outside of that. Aiming to move to Colorado post COVID.
    In Portland these are not the old school bums, rather aggressive 20 somethings lost out of their mind on heroin with visible track marks. I literally could not wait in line for a food truck without getting accosted. We sat outside on a patio and got a pizza, yeah that was fun with homeless coming up asking for a slice. One guy was so aggressive I just handed him a slice, what are you going to do, fight him? We just left half of it and they were like scavengers when we walked away.

The only good thing about Portland is there is a Ruth Chris, and there was literally a bouncer at the door making sure homeless were not coming in and infecting the bathroom. How often do you see a bouncer at a Ruth Chris?

It's too bad the food truck experience would really be pretty cool, but its not worth it with HIV infected people approaching you, I can only imagine the dangers with corona now. When I go back to the Oregon coast I will not even stay downtown, I will just rent my car and get the fuck out of dodge. Too bad, I like spending a couple days vacation in a big city, but never again there. I go to downtown Chicago quite a bit pre corona and never once was accosted by a bum, but they are old school bums and mind their business shaking a can which is fine, I even toss them a buck now and again.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Tosser

dwai: lol

Thread Information