Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFA Exclusive: I have shingles but I'm too tough to go to a doctor

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

PFA Exclusive: I have shingles but I'm too tough to go to a doctor

I'm gonna beat this with prayer. using special filter on camera to make my muscles look small

Name:  shingles.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  1.28 MB

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL! You ARE an inception! That explains a lot!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure if this is real or a Wiz joke, but if you really have it, definitely get medication immediately.

It could be the difference between some bad pain for 1-2 weeks and permanent nerve damage.

Mine was on my back and my side. Fortunately it never made it up to my face.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not sure if this is real or a Wiz joke, but if you really have it, definitely get medication immediately.

It could be the difference between some bad pain for 1-2 weeks and permanent nerve damage.

not a joke. i have this big cluster on my chest, a few tiny ones in my armpit and a smaller rash on my back. Initially thought it was bed bugs because I was at a hotel, but there is nothing on my arms or legs. The original big cluster by my nip has already scabbed over, pretty sure this is a mild case and I am not really in any substantial pain. It feels like a sunburn basically, a little bit itchy. Honestly not even sure if it's shingles, but all the rashes are on one side of my body and the pictures I've googled look similar. If it gets worse I will go to a doctor but from what I've googled the ship has sailed so antiviral won't do shit and they'll probably tell me to get calamine lotion and tough it out (i'm in my 30's)

I flamed my mom irl for making me get Chicken Pox at age 4

Load Metric
    Preventable by vaccine
    Treatable by a medical professional
    Requires a medical diagnosis
    Lab tests or imaging rarely required
    Short-term: resolves within days to weeks
    Did you have chicken pox when you were a kid?

About 1 in 3 people who get chicken pox as children, get shingles as an adult. Especially if your immune system is weakened.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: yes, my sisters and I had a chicken pox party when I was 4

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

not a joke. i have this big cluster on my chest, a few tiny ones in my armpit and a smaller rash on my back. Initially thought it was bed bugs because I was at a hotel, but there is nothing on my arms or legs. The original big cluster by my nip has already scabbed over, pretty sure this is a mild case and I am not really in any substantial pain. It feels like a sunburn basically, a little bit itchy. Honestly not even sure if it's shingles, but all the rashes are on one side of my body and the pictures I've googled look similar. If it gets worse I will go to a doctor but from what I've googled the ship has sailed so antiviral won't do shit and they'll probably tell me to get calamine lotion and tough it out (i'm in my 30's)

I flamed my mom irl for making me get Chicken Pox at age 4
    Yes, you have shingles.

How long have you had it? The actual skin condition (whether it's scabbed over or not) doesn't matter. If you jump on within 7 days of noticing first symptoms, the antivirals can help.

Mine was weird in that it started out with pain first and the skin issues a little later. The first day there was pain where my underwear band normally sits, so I thought my underwear was just too tight, and I vowed never to wear that pair again (not joking).

The skin looked perfect and pristine.

The next day it hurt even more, and started taking on a combination of a sunburn and pins-and-needles feeling, but worse than I had ever felt. Skin still looked perfect.

The next day I had back pain (internal, not external), and my girlfriend noticed a very light and fairly small rash appearing where the original pain was. She guessed it was shingles. Turned out she was right.

Unfortunately her water broke 5 minutes after saying she thought I had it, so I actually left the hospital to go see a dermatologist (yes, I left the hospital to see a doctor) the next day. Ben was born a few hours later. I couldn't touch him for the first month of his life.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: green rep for advice but i won't take it

Load Metric
    This is like day 4. Now that I think about it, I had back pain before I got the rash, which I attributed to sleeping wrong or from slouching in front of my computer all day. I stayed at a hotel and when I woke up noticed a circular rash by my nipple. I woke up the next day at home and the rash had grown to about what is in that picture. We are on day 4 right now and I feel like it has plateaued. I have been photographing my chest daily and I promise to post a timeline of my filthy disease when it's over. I feel like I'll have it beat by July 11th

Comments

Kuntmissioner: thoughts and prayers

Load Metric
    If you ate some cherries and lost some weight you’d have a stronger immune system like Druff.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: i ate blackberries last night they were good af

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is like day 4. Now that I think about it, I had back pain before I got the rash, which I attributed to sleeping wrong or from slouching in front of my computer all day. I stayed at a hotel and when I woke up noticed a circular rash by my nipple. I woke up the next day at home and the rash had grown to about what is in that picture. We are on day 4 right now and I feel like it has plateaued. I have been photographing my chest daily and I promise to post a timeline of my filthy disease when it's over. I feel like I'll have it beat by July 11th
    Seriously, you're making a big mistake here. Day 4 is fine. Go get the antivirals. Forget what Dr. Google has to say.

Once you get the permanent nerve damage, you're fucked. There's no fixing it. You'll be stuck with it for the next 50 years until a timberwolf bites off your dick.

Load Metric
    Time to call Dick Tits

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Time to call Dick Tits
    You think those nips can be centered with cosmetic surgery?

Reminds me of a girl I knew. It’s like a Picasso drawing Zap.

Zap is god. That vaccinates me against starring in a comic strip, right?

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: my nipples are perfectly placed, optical illusion

Load Metric
    bitch made body lmfao

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: don't care I'm V shaped, white and over 6 foot

Load Metric
    and that’s herpes son

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: persian girls

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    and that’s herpes son
    It actually is.

Shingles is a form of herpes

Comments

shoeshine box:

Sanlmar: Herpes always deserves green

Load Metric
    not going to the doctor lol. 10 percent chance of nerve damage, and keep in mind that most people who get shingles are grandmas and grandpas so that percentage is skewed. Also, because we didn't listen to women and minorities, healthcare is NOT free

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    bitch made body lmfao
    i will get a pump on and flex for my next picture

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can you explain why you are so anti-nerve-damage?

10% doesn't sound like a high chance, but keep in mind I got 1-outed today on Ignition, and that's only 2%. And my nerves still work right. Yours won't if the 5-outer hits.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: no fatigue, fever, nausea, extreme pain... not gonna get nerve damage

Load Metric
    I know you're tough but you really should go get some meds for that

Load Metric
    I'm gonna beat this with prayer. using special filter on camera to make my muscles look small

Name:  shingles.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  1.28 MB
    Come on tell the truth. Those are OSA’s fingernail marks.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: lol

OSA: Ive done worse

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Topical hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera, and calamine. Fix your diet and go natural. There are many nutrients in natural foods, especially fruits and vegetables that help the body fight disease. All you have to do is look at the mess the people are in to see the truth!

Blowing a kiss at your boo boos!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    I had shingles around ~30. Mine showed up on my scalp/face. This is the most dangerous place for it to be active as it is in the same nerve as your brain/eyes. (Something like that). The ER doc didn't know what to do so gave me a heavy dose of anti-virals and it cleared up without any issues.

I had been to my gp for some other reason the day before and he had glanced through my hair after I mentioned some early symptoms

Thread Information