Thread: AhoosierA's weightloss bet (includes money added to the freeroll each month)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

AhoosierA's weightloss bet (includes money added to the freeroll each month)

TL;DR:

-AhoosierA is fat and out of shape
    -AhooiserA wants to lose approx 3 lbs/week for the rest of the year. He will donate $1 per pound over 2.5 lbs a week that he loses to a weight-loss freeroll to take place in Jan 2021
    -AhoosierA will donate $25 to the weight-loss freeroll every week that he doesn't lose 2.5 lbs
    -I want YOU to take place and pledge to donate $1 for every lb over 2.5 lbs lost per week. You will gain access to the freeroll.

Hello PFA members,

I've considered a weight-loss bet for some time now, but have never jumped on it, but I have an idea that will not only give me motivation to lose some weight and get in better shape, but will also allow me and possibly some others to give back to the site. I'll explain below.

First a little about myself.

I'm 6'-0 and approximately 260 lbs. I'm 34 years old.

I've not been below 230 lbs since the age of 24.

I have asthma, and a bum knee from breaking my femur and smashing my knee in a car accident at the age of 18. Prior to that car accident I was extremely active in sports and weights.

THE PFA WEIGHT-LOSS BET/PLEDGE

I'm going to make a goal of losing 50 lbs by the end of 2020. Again I'm almost 260 lbs.

This equates to 10lbs/mo or 2.5lbs/week.

MY PLEDGE TO THE PFA WEIGHT-LOSS FREEROLL. PLEASE PLEDGE WITH ME.

I am going to video record my weight each week and post it in this thread.

- If I do NOT lose at least 2.5 lbs that week, I will donate $25 to the PFA weight-loss freeroll.

If I DO surpass the 2.5 lbs that week, I will donate $1 per lb that I beat it by.

I'm asking YOU to also pledge $1 per pound over the 2.5 lbs per week that I lose as well.

All the money pledged to the weight-loss bet will be pooled into a freeroll in January 2021. And only people who contributed to the pool will be able to participate in the freeroll.

If I DO NOT meet the goal weight of 210 lbs by January 1st 2021, I will have to donate a total of $500 personally to the weight-loss freeroll (the $500 will include any money that I have donated to the freeroll from July-December...so if Ive donated for example $150 from July-December, I'd have to add an additional $350)

I'd like for a minimum of 10 PFA members to get involved with this.

Druff, if we could maybe talk about this on then side and announce it on radio?

Example:

I start at 260 lbs and weigh in at 254 to start week 2. I and all pledgers will donate $4 that week. Week 3: I weigh in at 250. I and all pledgers will donate $2 that week. Week 3: I weigh in at 251 (I gained a pound) I will donate $25 and the pledgers have to donate $0.

Comments

Dan Druff: nice! good luck

Walter Sobchak: A+

JeffDime: Good for you man!

dwai: good luck

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Great idea!

You can feel free to message me privately about it if you want any further details hammered out.

FYI I feel the most important thing is to land on a permanent eating/exercise pattern you can live with. It's okay to go extreme to lose the weight, but you need to pick a "fall back" point which isn't too far beyond that, or the weight will return.

Good luck

Load Metric
    The only weight loss bets/freerolls allowed around here are China fleecing PFA users.

Load Metric
    FUCK, you have a BMI of 35 which is borderline morbidly obese. You are basically a septic shock tank for COVID-19. Forget losing a few pounds. You need to stay at home and isolate and go on a starvation diet so you are not waddling around infecting the rest of us with corona. Stop buying the extra large Mountain Dew at the gas station as a start, WTF is the matter with you?

Comments

JeffDime: F U

Walter Sobchak: Fuck you

Muck Ficon: Lol

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Go natural and the weight will fall off without hunger while you nourish your nutrient starved body!

Comments

Walter Sobchak: When you say it, it sounds so sexy
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Change your diet FOREVER to achieve and maintain healthy body and mind! Diets don’t work, changing how you choose and perceive foods does!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    FUCK, you have a BMI of 35 which is borderline morbidly obese. You are basically a septic shock tank for COVID-19. Forget losing a few pounds. You need to stay at home and isolate and go on a starvation diet so you are not waddling around infecting the rest of us with corona. Stop buying the extra large Mountain Dew at the gas station as a start, WTF is the matter with you?
    Captain obvious.

My soda of choice is Coke Zero, i switched to that from Pepsi probably 2.5 years ago, but still drink way too much soda. That will probably be one of my biggest hurdles.

As for Covid, I think I have already had it, prior to it being a big thing in the news. I rarely ever get sick and back in November/December I was the sickest I have ever been with all of the symptoms that Covid causes. All of my tests for flu, pneumonia, etc, came back negative.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by AhoosierA View Post
    Captain obvious.

My soda of choice is Coke Zero, i switched to that from Pepsi probably 2.5 years ago, but still drink way too much soda. That will probably be one of my biggest hurdles.

As for Covid, I think I have already had it, prior to it being a big thing in the news. I rarely ever get sick and back in November/December I was the sickest I have ever been with all of the symptoms that Covid causes. All of my tests for flu, pneumonia, etc, came back negative.
    I love the Coke Zero and other sugarless sodas too. I compromised by still drinking unsweetened flavored sparkling waters. I still have a zero once in a while.

One thing you can do for yourself is drink matcha. Will help you burn. Add some lemon juice for even more benefits. If you need to, add just a bit of raw honey to take the edge off. It's strong stuff.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    TL;DR:

-AhooiserA wants to lose approx 3 lbs/week for the rest of the year. He will donate $1 per pound over 2.5 lbs a week that he loses to a weight-loss freeroll to take place in Jan 2021
    -AhoosierA will donate $25 to the weight-loss freeroll every week that he doesn't lose 2.5 lbs
    -I want YOU to take place and pledge to donate $1 for every lb over 2.5 lbs lost per week. You will gain access to the freeroll.
    Hey fat boy where are the updates and more importantly where is the cash to the free roll?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Where is the cash to your babymomma?

splitthis:

Load Metric
    TL;DR:

Hey fat boy where are the updates and more importantly where is the cash to the free roll?
    Hey fat boy, where is the cash to the free roll?

Comments

Muck Ficon: You are rich, why dont you donate to the freeroll?

Belly Buster: Hey alchy, less fat shaming

splitthis:

Thread Information