Load Metric

Wigan Athletic go bust

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53247333

Dodgy Hong Kong owners shenanigans

Send the fucking tanks in Xi Jinping.

And fuck the EFL.

We will rise again, Keep the Faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53247333

Dodgy Hong Kong owners shenanigans

Send the fucking tanks in Xi Jinping.

And fuck the EFL.

We will rise again, Keep the Faith.
    Proving once again the Chinese fuck up everything.

The last good thing they created was noodles.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    well thats not very tolerant of your fellow people of colour walt

Load Metric
    YELLOW LIVES MATTER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    well thats not very tolerant of your fellow people of colour walt
    It's not about the race it's about their evil authoritarian government.

I got no problem with Japan, South Korea, Philippines, no problem with Chinese-Americans. In fact I like them a lot.

Name:  812594.gif
Views: 288
Size:  670.5 KB

Fuck China.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    @wiganer...

holy fucking shit man, saw this on barstool and the twitter thread about the shenanigans involving a bet for wigan to get relegated...man what a fucking story this one is...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    @wiganer...

holy fucking shit man, saw this on barstool and the twitter thread about the shenanigans involving a bet for wigan to get relegated...man what a fucking story this one is...

As well as the bet allegation, it’s a fact that the IEC share price trebled on the back of the fake deal to sell to someone who probably doesn’t exist. Some folks made a lot of money from trying to destroy our club.

Local MP is calling for an official investigation and describing it as a “Major global scandal“

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foo...-nandy-2903821

But with everything else going on, I doubt anything will happen. Apart from the heart being ripped out of Wigan that is.
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    @wiganer...

As well as the bet allegation, it’s a fact that the IEC share price trebled on the back of the fake deal to sell to someone who probably doesn’t exist. Some folks made a lot of money from trying to destroy our club.

Local MP is calling for an official investigation and describing it as a “Major global scandal“

But with everything else going on, I doubt anything will happen. Apart from the heart being ripped out of Wigan that is.
    that's the real bitch of it all...never been to England, but want to go on a football matchday...we have our rabid fanbases in the US, mostly in American football but I just don't think that it's comparable to what you see in English football where your clubs (especially of your mid-sized to small areas) seem really tied to your local community...at least that's my observation from what they broadcast to us over here with the EPL...

don't know what the corollary would be here in the states...maybe minor league baseball (probably a stretch there since fanbases aren't rabid, but the team is intertwined within a lot of small communities)...maybe bigtime college football where you have absolutely insane fanbases and the college is a big part of the local community...

Load Metric

that's the real bitch of it all...never been to England, but want to go on a football matchday...we have our rabid fanbases in the US, mostly in American football but I just don't think that it's comparable to what you see in English football where your clubs (especially of your mid-sized to small areas) seem really tied to your local community...at least that's my observation from what they broadcast to us over here with the EPL...

don't know what the corollary would be here in the states...maybe minor league baseball (probably a stretch there since fanbases aren't rabid, but the team is intertwined within a lot of small communities)...maybe bigtime college football where you have absolutely insane fanbases and the college is a big part of the local community...
    High school football in Texas maybe.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

High school football in Texas maybe.
    scary thing is that probably goes lock step with the big time college football comparison...the stadiums that some of those high schools have are fucking crazy...

Thread Information