Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the 1 year anniversary of right wing intellectual superstar Andy Ngo getting hit with a milkshake and going on national tv to say it gave him brain damage

Load Metric

Today is the 1 year anniversary of right wing intellectual superstar Andy Ngo getting hit with a milkshake and going on national tv to say it gave him brain damage

Absolute legend.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Obv he was brain damaged before.

Maybe it's for the same reason that Trump can't drink water with one hand.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I dropped a bowl of home made Chicken Laksa last night, went all over the rug.

Wasn’t because of brain damage though, I was just being laksadaisacal. Never mind, no point crying over spilt coconut milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    sonatine trying to let us know that he supports physical assault upon those who have different political views than he does.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    sonatine trying to let us know that he supports physical assault upon those who have different political views than he does.
    Reading comprehension my man.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Throwing anything at anyone is assault, and shouldn't happen.

That's what should be shamed here, not a guy exaggerating the aftermath for attention.

Comments

MumblesBadly: FFS, Druff! He’s supposedly an objective journalist. His claim of brain damage from that milkshake incident destroys that and shows him to be a sorry sensationalist.

dwai: mumbles offset

Kuntmissioner: Throwing milkshakes is battery

shoeshine box: P.s. This was BATTERY, he got Hit by it. Assault is attempt. Can be even Verbal. BATTERY is what get';s you the X.! lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was actually threatened to be milkshaked about 10 years ago, long before milkshaking was cool.

A guy owed my friend $2k and was refusing to pay. My friend is female and I guess he felt he didn't have much to worry about if he stiffed her.

Whenever I saw him on Pokerstars I trolled him about being a broke deadbeat and refusing to pay $2k he owed. I offered to e-mail screen shots proving it to anyone interested.

After about a week of this, he got tired of it and paid up the $2k. However, next time he saw me on Stars, he told me he was going to milkshake me next time he saw me.

As you might guess, it never happened.

Load Metric

2016 druff would've loled at the alt-right troll saying he got brain damage because someone threw a milk shake at him at a proud boys rally while they were fighting with antifa.

Comments

big dick: ALMOST HAVE ME FEELING SORRY FOR THE GUY.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

2016 druff would've loled at the alt-right troll saying he got brain damage because someone threw a milk shake at him at a proud boys rally while they were fighting with antifa.
    No version of Druff would have approved of any group which thinks it can assault people because they disagree with them, even if it's "just throwing a milkshake".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

No version of Druff would have approved of any group which thinks it can assault people because they disagree with them, even if it's "just throwing a milkshake".
    So is that what you picked up from the professional victim thread from a year ago? Poor Andy got hit just from disagreeing with the evil Antifa.

You have to do almost no detective work to find out what Andy is about. He's a right wing propagandist that runs with various alt-right groups that are more or less directly connected to white supremacists. He enjoys their protection for favorable coverage and hit pieces about the violent left. He carries their flag. That makes him a target. What ever immunity you get for being a journalist you lose once you start fabricating "news".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

So is that what you picked up from the professional victim thread from a year ago? Poor Andy got hit just from disagreeing with the evil Antifa.

You have to do almost no detective work to find out what Andy is about. He's a right wing propagandist that runs with various alt-right groups that are more or less directly connected to white supremacists. He enjoys their protection for favorable coverage and hit pieces about the violent left. He carries their flag. That makes him a target. What ever immunity you get for being a journalist you lose once you start fabricating "news".
    I've been following him ever since that incident a year ago. I am not seeing any white supremacist pieces from him. He's not even white. I saw the evidence awhile back that he had some loose connection at one point to a white supremacist group. Obviously not something I approve of, and it made me think less of him personally, but most of his coverage of Antifa is factual and well-researched.

Notice that my comments are not in defense of Ngo himself, but rather about Antifa's tactics of milkshaking people (and doing much, much worse than that).

Many of those they attack do not have any white supremacist connection whatsoever.

If I went to Portland and counter-protested Antifa, do you think there's a fair chance I would get milkshaked, beaten up, or worse?

Load Metric

I've been following him ever since that incident a year ago. I am not seeing any white supremacist pieces from him. He's not even white. I saw the evidence awhile back that he had some loose connection at one point to a white supremacist group. Obviously not something I approve of, and it made me think less of him personally, but most of his coverage of Antifa is factual and well-researched.

Notice that my comments are not in defense of Ngo himself, but rather about Antifa's tactics of milkshaking people (and doing much, much worse than that).

Many of those they attack do not have any white supremacist connection whatsoever.

If I went to Portland and counter-protested Antifa, do you think there's a fair chance I would get milkshaked, beaten up, or worse?
    Probably not by Antifa. Can't say too much about your fellow counter protestors.

Alt-Right and white supremacists are in a mutually agreeable affair at the moment. The traditional white supremacists get a reasonable cover and alt right gets their share of brawlers and certain legitimacy without fully committing to the cause. This is something that fine gentlemen like David Duke envisioned decades ago. I'm sure he had his eye on GOP proper, but it didn't play like that.

The most damning case for Andy Ngo is the Cider Riot brawl and related undercover footage. There no question who started the brawl, if it was planned ahead and if Andy was unaware about any of this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Probably not by Antifa. Can't say too much about your fellow counter protestors.

Alt-Right and white supremacists are in a mutually agreeable affair at the moment. The traditional white supremacists get a reasonable cover and alt right gets their share of brawlers and certain legitimacy without fully committing to the cause. This is something that fine gentlemen like David Duke envisioned decades ago. I'm sure he had his eye on GOP proper, but it didn't play like that.

The most damning case for Andy Ngo is the Cider Riot brawl and related undercover footage. There no question who started the brawl, if it was planned ahead and if Andy was unaware about any of this.
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that right-wing protesters have been responsible for more violence in the past 3 years than Antifa?

if so...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Throwing anything at anyone is assault, and shouldn't happen.

That's what should be shamed here, not a guy exaggerating the aftermath for attention.
    Correct but sonatine didn't say he thought someone should be assaulted.

Load Metric

Wait a minute. Are you saying that right-wing protesters have been responsible for more violence in the past 3 years than Antifa?

if so...

I'm sure you can come up with some numbers. Or stuff shaped as kinda numbers. Though i do appreciate the view to a mind that's been bombarded with the stupidest shit imaginable.

The reality of Antifa is that they aren't even remotely organized to do anything. There are no Antifa leaders. Never has been and likely never will be. They are a very loosely "organized" reactionary group. By some weird coincidence they only appear when there's a spike in white supremacists activity. And when it's gone, so are they. That's how it's been about 80+ years.

Load Metric
    No but seriously where does assassinating police officers to incite a race war register? Does it eek out to top 10 most fucked up things that happened in the Floyd protests? Obv somewhere behind property damage, hurt feelings, inconvenience and lowering the covid infections.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No but seriously where does assassinating police officers to incite a race war register? Does it eek out to top 10 most fucked up things that happened in the Floyd protests? Obv somewhere behind property damage, hurt feelings, inconvenience and lowering the covid infections.
    How many right wingers are "assassinating police officers to start a race war"?

And are you actually trying to equate white supremacist groups with right wingers?

It's sad how much you stretch to make your points these days.

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I should also point out that leftists like gimmick go out of their way to defend Antifa and paint them as nonviolent.

At the same time, the vast majority of right wingers condemn white supremacists and say they don't represent our party or our beliefs.

Which party is more extreme again?

Comments

splitthis:

dwai: gimmick so dumb

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'll just leave this here...

Violence by far-right is among US’s most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...hreat-analysis

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Snead View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

Violence by far-right is among US’s most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...hreat-analysis
    So you're talking about terrorist actions by a fringe segment of the right which almost every right winger disavows.

I'm talking about which party can have its members go to protests and do so peacefully, and which one has large mobs of people loot, riot, vandalize, burn things down, beat people up, block roads, and kill people.

When was the last time massive right-wing protests broke out, causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damage, and nationwide curfews?

When was the last time right-wingers rioted, destroyed nearby businesses, and beat people up because a left-wing speaker was coming to a college campus?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Comparing lefties who throw milkshakes with right wing extremists who kill people. Great false equivalency, Druff!

dwai: mumbles offset

Thread Information