Thread: Looking for some help PERMANENTLY getting rid of the god-awful Youtube app in my phone, hopefully WITHOUT root. (Samsung S9)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum
    Load Metric

Looking for some help PERMANENTLY getting rid of the god-awful Youtube app in my phone, hopefully WITHOUT root. (Samsung S9)

So yeah, as the title says.

So here's the deal. Ever since the first day I've had my current phone (which is approximately 1 year), right off the bat I went into my settings to disable the pre-installed YouTube app. I really hate the fucking app and want nothing to do with it. If I want to play something on YouTube I will access it through my mobile browser, which works just fine for me.

Despite me disabling the app in my Android settings, sooner or later it re-enables itself! This has happened NUMEROUS times since I've had my phone. I will, like normal, google something...if there is an associated video to click on through the search results, once in a while it prompts me to "update" my youtube app, and many if not all of these times it just automatically re-enables the fucking app even though I disabled it.This is fucking bullshit and should not be happening.

I'm 100% sure that I've disabled any permissions regarding this situation but nonetheless it keeps happening.

How the fuck?!

I searched around a bit and it looks like there are many others who have had this same situation. I cannot believe Google is getting away with this blatant horseshit and have not found an easy fix yet unless I go through all of the bullshit of rooting my phone (which obv I'm not experienced at)

Anyone?

Load Metric
    SHUT IT DOWN GORDO

Comments

big dick: wow so funny and original

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Calm down Boomer, just use the app

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

So here's the deal. Ever since the first day I've had my current phone (which is approximately 1 year), right off the bat I went into my settings to disable the pre-installed YouTube app. I really hate the fucking app and want nothing to do with it. If I want to play something on YouTube I will access it through my mobile browser, which works just fine for me.

Despite me disabling the app in my Android settings, sooner or later it re-enables itself! This has happened NUMEROUS times since I've had my phone. I will, like normal, google something...if there is an associated video to click on through the search results, once in a while it prompts me to "update" my youtube app, and many if not all of these times it just automatically re-enables the fucking app even though I disabled it.This is fucking bullshit and should not be happening.

I'm 100% sure that I've disabled any permissions regarding this situation but nonetheless it keeps happening.

How the fuck?!

I searched around a bit and it looks like there are many others who have had this same situation. I cannot believe Google is getting away with this blatant horseshit and have not found an easy fix yet unless I go through all of the bullshit of rooting my phone (which obv I'm not experienced at)

Anyone?

samsungs run android os.

google develops android os.

youtube is owned by google.

youtube app is probably burned in by design. i cant think of any use case models where it would be essential to day to day operations but that doesnt mean there arent any. it might provide essential libraries used by other components, for example.

tl;dr i think youre genuinely stuck with it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Kid bought a data collection appliance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry I'm only good with iPhones.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Kid bought a data collection appliance.

aka a cell phone
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

How the fuck?!

Anyone?

samsungs run android os.

google develops android os.

youtube is owned by google.

youtube app is probably burned in by design. i cant think of any use case models where it would be essential to day to day operations but that doesnt mean there arent any. it might provide essential libraries used by other components, for example.

tl;dr i think youre genuinely stuck with it.
    Yeah I dunno if you are gonna be able to delete it at all, but, if it is possible I about guarantee you will have to root your phone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Yeah I dunno if you are gonna be able to delete it at all, but, if it is possible I about guarantee you will have to root your phone.
    100% this, but you have a super common device with multiple ways to get root, so spend 20 minutes reading up on it and just get it done, imo.

Load Metric

Could you explain why you prefer using your mobile browser over the YouTube app? For example, are you routinely watching videos that would embarrass you in some way if that information became public?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information