Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential cure for COVID

Load Metric

Potential cure for COVID

Full disclosure I found this as part of investment research and I am invested in $CYDY.

Cliff notes: COVID works closer to AIDS then people realize. As such a vaccine is probably years off if not imposible to create. The way forward at least for the time being is in therapeutics. Give COVID patients something that will not only prevent them from dying but stop medium/long term damage to our bodies.

If you are looking for a positive story from the front lines of COVID this is 22 minutes well spent.

Comments

BCR:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Been up all night like a radio degen so I don't have patience to watch 22 mins (funny coming from a guy with a 7 hour show, I know), but I'll watch it later.

But yeah, any therapy which could reliably hold COVID symptoms to no higher than typical flu-level would be a huge game changer.

Right now the only therapy for COVID is to pray that you're not one of the unlucky ones to be royally fucked in the ass by it.

Comments

OSA: Only show with a 2hr mono

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Been up all night like a radio degen so I don't have patience to watch 22 mins (funny coming from a guy with a 7 hour show, I know), but I'll watch it later.

But yeah, any therapy which could reliably hold COVID symptoms to no higher than typical flu-level would be a huge game changer.

Right now the only therapy for COVID is to pray that you're not one of the unlucky ones to be royally fucked in the ass by it.
    What about hydroxychloroquine?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Full disclosure I found this as part of investment research and I am invested in $CYDY.

Cliff notes: COVID works closer to AIDS then people realize. As such a vaccine is probably years off if not imposible to create. The way forward at least for the time being is in therapeutics. Give COVID patients something that will not only prevent them from dying but stop medium/long term damage to our bodies.

If you are looking for a positive story from the front lines of COVID this is 22 minutes well spent.

Really interesting. That ICU nurse the other day said they were having the most success with the Decadron. which is the steroid, but that guy mentions how it suppresses immune function. That's what I had heard previously. I think they are at a loss how to deal with the inflammation at times.

I just read an article about neurological issues that mention its similarity to HIV.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Load Metric
    This is two months old - local news station in LA. There are stories just like this country wide.

Obviously I have skin in the game but I have no idea how this isn’t on the front page of CNN and why the FDA hasn’t embedded its self directly into the process. I mean this is it potentially. If you take the death rate down from 1% to .1% and save people from The process of a ventilator we can reopen the country in very short order.

Load Metric
    This is two months old - local news station in LA. There are stories just like this country wide.
    Of course there are stories like this everywhere, this is pretty much what happens and when it happens, when you recover from coronavirus. She was given the treatment at what would normally be near the expected end of her infection anyway for a large amount of people, and she recovered like most people do.

If you get your science news from TV, you aren;t getting any science news at all.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 06-28-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I saw the Ted talk. He is just repeating what I told you guys 2 months ago. He just dumbed it down a bunch.

The cydy drug is just an immune suppressant, and it’s goal (if it works) is just to suppress the aberrant immune response that causes a lot of the morbidity in advanced disease.

Also, COVID does not act like HIV at all. It Transmits differently, binds to different receptors in different cells in different parts of the body and has a completely different life cycle. There is also many reasons why we should be more optimistic about a possible COVID vaccine than HIV.

It sounds to me like this guy is selling snake oil. At best it is marginally effective suppressing aberrant immune response and cytokines storm and save some lives as a result. But I would be surprised if it was significantly more effective than a lot of other immune suppressive drugs, although maybe the adverse effect profile is better, as it only blocks one chemokine receptor, CCR5.

But this isn’t an antiviral. It does nothing against COVID itself. At best it helps your immune system fight COVID better.

Now cue the stock price tripling off of clinical efficacy news.

Comments

OSA: from your mouth to god ears

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I should probably walk it back some and clarify calling him a snake oil salesman probably isn’t fair. If you understand the lingo all he is telling you is the drug is an immune suppressant. Although clearly by the responses on this board you guys are reading more into it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I should probably walk it back some and clarify calling him a snake oil salesman probably isn’t fair. If you understand the lingo all he is telling you is the drug is an immune suppressant. Although clearly by the responses on this board you guys are reading more into it.
    Why does he criticize the immunosuppressant qualities of the steroid they are using if this is basically just an immune system suppressant? Is it that it enters during the second phase of the virus as opposed to being an immune suppressant from the get? This is your arena.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Why does he criticize the immunosuppressant qualities of the steroid they are using if this is basically just an immune system suppressant? Is it that it enters during the second phase of the virus as opposed to being an immune suppressant from the get? This is your arena.
    His point about corticosteroids seem to be that they are actually much stronger immune suppressants that effect many different cell types, completely suppress your immune system, and have a lot of side effects. He doesn't really get into the weeds, but I assume his argument is that because the CYDY drug only blocks one chemokine receptor, CCR5, only in immune cells it dampens the immune system to the point it can work better without shutting it off completely, and without all the side effects.

Also, I dont think he is arguing the virus has a second phase. The virus has one phase. It infects as many cells as it can, using the ACE2 receptor as its entry point (which is expressed on many cell types), and spreads as much as it can.

He is saying the disease has a second phase. And in truth, this isn't very precise. The immune response is a continuum, and the more the virus spreads systemically (to your whole body), the more the immune response will ramp up systemically and the more systemic inflammation you have.

In the first "phase" your immune system quietly fights the virus, which is mostly contained to your upper respiratory tract, with little side effects, and hopefully this is enough and your immune system wins right here. In the second "phase", your initial immune response can't keep the virus contained, and the virus starts spreading systemically, especially to your lungs. And your inflammatory immune response ramps up to fight the spreading virus, goes out of control, and there is A LOT of collateral damage.

And the goal of immune suppressant drugs is to stop your immune system from going out of control in this second "phase"

Comments

Sanlmar: My boy is wicked smaht
    Last edited by ErickAA; 06-28-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Load Metric
    Well, that does it for me Verm, I’m doubling down on the open. GLTA

Comments

ErickAA: I might too. If you can't beat em, join em. :)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This disease appears to be asymptomatic/mild in the bat species it came from. Probably because bats immune systems evolved (over a long time and a lot of dead bats) to fight the disease without all the collateral damage.

This disease is novel to the human population. But we have an extreme amount of immune diversity and diversity of immune response at the population level, and concordantly some people will be able to fight off the virus without all the collateral inflammation, and others wouldn't. In a "natural" state, over time natural selection would select people who respond better, and the virus itself would probably evolve to be weaker, and eventually it would by asymptomati/mild in the vast majority of humans too.

Load Metric
    This disease appears to be asymptomatic/mild in the bat species it came from. Probably because bats immune systems evolved (over a long time and a lot of dead bats) to fight the disease without all the collateral damage.

This disease is novel to the human population. But we have an extreme amount of immune diversity and diversity of immune response at the population level, and concordantly some people will be able to fight off the virus without all the collateral inflammation, and others wouldn't. In a "natural" state, over time natural selection would select people who respond better, and the virus itself would probably evolve to be weaker, and eventually it would by asymptomati/mild in the vast majority of humans too.
    Enjoy your takes on Covid from Feb on. Smart but I can still follow.

If you could handicap football like disease you’d be the new owner of Epstein’s Island.

As always, the relationship between fundamentals and price is gossamer thin. But you know that. HTZ

Feels like a runner

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: epstiens lawyer rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Enjoy your takes on Covid from Feb on. Smart but I can still follow.

If you could handicap football like disease you’d be the new owner of Epstein’s Island.

As always, the relationship between fundamentals and price is gossamer thin. But you know that. HTZ

Feels like a runner
    At this point I think even most retail investors realize it is all a magic show. I was talking to my father in law this morning. He thinks that the Moderna vaccine is most likely a fraud, but he also believes Trump/Fauci are going to pimp it as a last gasp chance to swing the election, and he is investing heavily.

Load Metric
    Lol at the goody 2 shoes looking to profit off the suffering of others touting bullshit cures. Oh my sides, the hypocrisy is hilarious!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    verminaard really playing great regarding this COVID stuff. Nobody's PFA stock has gone up more in 2020 than his.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Lol at the goody 2 shoes looking to profit off the suffering of others touting bullshit cures. Oh my sides, the hypocrisy is hilarious!
    You play how the world is not how you want to be. What ever you make out of it you can spend towards the latter. That's what Soros has been doing the last 20 years.

Load Metric

Or.... and I know this is crazy talk..... maybe the drug suppresses our body from doing damage to its self as advertised and people are coming down or never going on ventilators?

I mean at one point penicillin was a “bullshit cure”, until it wasn’t.

Or maybe it is bullshit - guess we going to find out.

Load Metric

Or.... and I know this is crazy talk..... maybe the drug suppresses our body from doing damage to its self as advertised and people are coming down or never going on ventilators?

I mean at one point penicillin was a “bullshit cure”, until it wasn’t.

Or maybe it is bullshit - guess we going to find out.

how about this -- w/o the support of the stockholders, the company wouldn't exist and by extension neither would the life saving drug. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Up 14% in 3 days. Bless you, Daly

Thread Information