Thread: Report: WSOP.com has killed in-game chat

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Report: WSOP.com has killed in-game chat

I can't run it from here, so I can't check.

People on RealGrinders are saying chat is gone.

The reason was not stated. Some believe it has to do with preventing collusion for the WSOP.com bracelet events, but I doubt that. I think it's more to prevent embarrassment for the brand from people saying racist/obscene things while people are watching these events.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The reason was not stated. Some believe it has to do with preventing collusion for the WSOP.com bracelet events, but I doubt that. I think it's more to prevent embarrassment for the brand from people saying racist/obscene things while people are watching these events.

Absolutely AGREE, I have been playing on WSOP in New Jersey the entire month of June. I travel from CT and play 2 to 3 times a week. Yesterday on June 25th I was not able to chat in the box.When you type its shows """""""""". Until I read this post, I thought I was being punished for something that occurred 2 weeks ago in the chat box. The situation is listed below:

Being new to the site and LUCKY me having a great short term success with 6 Final tables, I was being abused by the REGS(SHARKSCOPE) in the chat box. My ONLY fault was Short Term Variance, three/four betting and NEVER limping my hands. I was absolutely amazed how they reacted and STUNNED by what these players commented in the CHAT. One guy told me to meet him at the Orleans so he could punch me. Im telling the truth, I WAS POLITE, told him to calm down because he could be banned by Cesar's. He then called me a Negro. For which I replied "REALLY with every thing going on, your chatting this online" He then stated "He was black" for which I replied "whats your point" . That interaction happened two weeks ago. So yes they are being PRO- ACTIVE.

P.S. A different topic, I email them over 1 month ago about how to edit my address because I misspelled it, they just got back to me yesterday. I am really concerned about CUSTOMER SERVICE during this event and after this event.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Ohh ok, so I'm not the only one? I thought I got chat banned or something. All I see in the chatbox is "..." every time I or someone else tries to talk. I wonder how long this will last?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    This was the Email I received from them today about it:

Thanks for contacting us; my name is J'Cory and I'll be helping you today.

Please be advised that players will not be able to use the chat feature anymore due to a decision made by our management team.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best,

J'Cory L.
    Player Support Representative

Thread Information