Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The left cancels YouTube content pioneer Jenna Marbles over videos from 8-9 years ago

Platinum
    Load Metric
    next thing you know they're gonna start coming after Woah Vicky...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    How about this:

Democrats are more likely to be educated.

Name:  maxine.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  5.9 KB

Comments

big dick: RACIST

Gold
    Load Metric
    Seems blackface that is done to impersonate a specific black person is far different from blackface meant to impersonate black traits generically.

And this woman quit on her own. I really know nothing about her and didn't find it interesting enough to listen to her 11 minutes, but it seemed like she did it on her own? She could have ignored all that and continued on?

Sorry Druff you're going to be missing out. You seem pretty bummed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    How about this:

Name:  maxine.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  5.9 KB
    Good example. Black woman raised by single mother in the 40s and 50s, still got a college degree. ^^

Name:  7572fdb5a7d1feb27ba0c868a6807a6f.png
Views: 295
Size:  42.3 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric

How about this:

Republicans are more likely to be business owners and are more eager to get things going rather than let a lifetime of work go down the drain over something that isn't polio, etc?

Democrats are more likely to work for others, for the government, or be stay at home gritters like big bird and don't care about ^^^ as there will always be a check in the mail for them?

Food for thought.

How about this:

Republicans are more likely to go to church.
    What definition of educated are you using? I hope you’re not counting the millions of people with useless degrees who now work minimum wage service jobs as educated. That would be silly if you are.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

How about this:

Republicans are more likely to go to church.
    What definition of educated are you using? I hope you’re not counting the millions of people with useless degrees who now work minimum wage service jobs as educated. That would be silly if you are.
    Yes, I count college as education. Someone who went to college is less likely to think they know better than experts when it comes to something like a global pandemic. Even people with degrees that don't help them with a career.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Yes, I count college as education. Someone who went to college is less likely to think they know better than experts when it comes to something like a global pandemic. Even people with degrees that don't help them with a career.
    I guess our definition of educated is different. I consider someone that decided to be an electrician out of high school and went through a 5 year apprenticeship to be educated. I don’t consider someone that wasted 5 years of time and money in college to receive a philosophy degree that now works at Starbucks as educated. Which one would you consider smart?

I consider the people at the extremes of both parties as uneducated and stupid.

Gold
    Load Metric

I guess our definition of educated is different. I consider someone that decided to be an electrician out of high school and went through a 5 year apprenticeship to be educated. I don’t consider someone that wasted 5 years of time and money in college to receive a philosophy degree that now works at Starbucks as educated. Which one would you consider smart?

Not everyone can be an electrician or have one of these "real" jobs. There is limited demand. I always love this fallacy of the pro-ignorant.

A broad education helps a person understanding the context of the world in many ways. You're getting the job confused with education. Apparently you'd consider anyone who is taught how to do brake jobs and fix flats as "educated". Technically true, but what they learn will serve them 0 outside of the immediacy of finding this job.

A person with a worthless degree who is still quite smart should be able to find a job doing something. I have no idea how smart the electrician is, but it is unlikely I'd find them as smart. If the electrician was smart, they'd went to college and acquired a hard-science degree or something of that nature.

I have a friend whose daughter graduated from Duke with what you'd consider a useless degree. I don't know if the job offer is still there, but she was offered 120k out of college with her undergrad by a consulting firm. It was some environmental degree.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I think by “worthless degree”, he meant subjects like “women’s studies”.

Load Metric

I was making a generalization in response to Tellafriends generalization. Most Doctors and Scientists are also liberal (and it's not even close), which might be part of the reason that Republicans are less likely to believe in science I suppose.

I agree trade schools and apprenticeships are educated, and having a 4 year degree doesn't necessarily mean you learned much of anything. I don't think your assumptions about shitty jobs or philosophy degrees right though. Being intelligent/educated and being able to function at the level required to have a successful career are not the same.

Would you consider a tenured philosopher at a University educated? What if he got fired for sleeping with a student and had to get a job at starbucks. Would he no longer be educated?

Comments

nightmarefish:

big dick: .

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Not everyone can be an electrician or have one of these "real" jobs. There is limited demand. I always love this fallacy of the pro-ignorant.

A broad education helps a person understanding the context of the world in many ways. You're getting the job confused with education. Apparently you'd consider anyone who is taught how to do brake jobs and fix flats as "educated". Technically true, but what they learn will serve them 0 outside of the immediacy of finding this job.

A person with a worthless degree who is still quite smart should be able to find a job doing something. I have no idea how smart the electrician is, but it is unlikely I'd find them as smart. If the electrician was smart, they'd went to college and acquired a hard-science degree or something of that nature.

I have a friend whose daughter graduated from Duke with what you'd consider a useless degree. I don't know if the job offer is still there, but she was offered 120k out of college with her undergrad by a consulting firm. It was some environmental degree.
    The idea that people aren't smart who choose to develop a skill or trade instead on going to college is retarded. The idea that everyone that goes to college is smart is retarded.

That electrician is contributing to society in a positive way.

The college student with the unless degree is living off their parents and rioting in the streets while 100K in debt feeling entitled for reasons unknown. Most of these type "smart" college students wouldn't be able to change a flat tire or unclog a toilet if their life depended on it. Everything they learned in college they could have learned for free surfing the internet and going to the library.

I work on capital improvement projects and since I have a college degree I guess I'm one of the smart ones. Meanwhile all the inspectors and superintendents I know with no degree that work in the field will run circles around all the smart people in the office. Their experiences are practical and useful which is far more valuable than something you learn in a book.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I was making a generalization in response to Tellafriends generalization. Most Doctors and Scientists are also liberal (and it's not even close), which might be part of the reason that Republicans are less likely to believe in science I suppose.

I agree trade schools and apprenticeships are educated, and having a 4 year degree doesn't necessarily mean you learned much of anything. I don't think your assumptions about shitty jobs or philosophy degrees right though. Being intelligent/educated and being able to function at the level required to have a successful career are not the same.

Would you consider a tenured philosopher at a University educated? What if he got fired for sleeping with a student and had to get a job at starbucks. Would he no longer be educated?
    Sure but this isn't someone who just decided to go with a philosophy degree because they couldn't figure out what they wanted to do in life. There's so many people that go to college for the experience and not necessarily the degree. They eventually pick a major and squeak by and graduate but I don't consider those people smart. Some surely are but many are dumbasses in my experience. Someone who goes to a trade school is working towards something meaningful and will most likely be a contributing member to society at a young age. I highly respect people that take this road.

BTW, I was one of those dumbass sheep that straight out of high school went to college to waste money. Was there two years then joined the Army. After 6 years in the Army I figured out what I wanted to do so went back to college and finished. Honestly, I don't think many 18 year olds are ready for college, I sure wasn't. Just there fucking off while other people I knew skipped college to learn something valuable. Looking back, I thought the route I took put me ahead of them in life but in reality I was behind. I was completely clueless but If you asked me at the time I would have told you I was a genius college kid. Embarrassing thinking back.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 06-27-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Load Metric

How exactly do you know that most doctors are dems? That’s certainly not the case where I live.

You will argue with a brick wall rather than admit you are wrong.

Load Metric

How exactly do you know that most doctors are dems? That’s certainly not the case where I live.

Bro he believed Juicy Smollett, guys a certified stooge

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    no comment about how badly she has aged ??? come on todger you are slipping

I knew this thread wouldn't go two pages without a comment like that. Exactly the reason I didn't mention it.

Hi Jack

Load Metric

I asked every doctor in the country.

Just kidding, someone else did.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/doctors...ts-11570383523

Comments

MumblesBadly: Boom!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But since the elephant has been brought into the room, I'll comment a bit more.

Jenn's original 2010 viral video was a tongue-in-cheek tutorial for "ugly girls" using makeup, fashionable clothes, and nice hairstyles to "fool people" into thinking they're pretty. At the time I found it annoying because Jenna clearly wasn't ugly, so the self-deprecating humor didn't land with me.

Anyway, over time she apparently stopped giving a shit about her looks, and a lot of her videos were done with her looking like she just woke up 10 minutes ago. She's also 39 now, so you can't expect her to look the same way she did as the fairly hot go-go dancer she was in her 20s, especially when she clearly puts zero effort into it.

But whatever. That's how she wants to present herself, so who cares? It's hard to tell how she'd actually look today if she put effort into looking good. I never understood why it appears she's almost trying to look bad in these more recent videos (not just the one I posted, by the way), but I didn't care enough to look into it.

Load Metric

Another poll. Anyway, That doesn’t support your proposition.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Once again, as is often the case with people on the left who quote statistics, correlation does not equal causation.

Doctors have been ending up more on the left because it has become increasingly more lucrative to practice in big cities, which tend to be far more to the left than rural areas.

Doctors also have to go through college, obviously, where there is increasing left-wing brainwashing taking place. College campuses have long been liberal, but the pressure to go along with liberal viewpoints has been increasing over time, and college is often stage in life when people form their political identities.

There's also the Jewish factor. Jews are hugely overrepresented among white doctors, and most Jews are Democrats, so that also makes a difference.

There's other factors I could get into, but I won't bother.

In general, I find it annoying when people on the left arrogantly attempt to cast themselves as "the party of the educated, smart, compassionate people" and they cast Republicans as either dumb rubes or greedy, evil assholes.

If convicted felons were allowed to vote from prison, which party do you think most of them would be registered?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Once again, as is often the case with people on the left who quote statistics, correlation does not equal causation.

Doctors have been ending up more on the left because it has become increasingly more lucrative to practice in big cities, which tend to be far more to the left than rural areas.

Doctors also have to go through college, obviously, where there is increasing left-wing brainwashing taking place. College campuses have long been liberal, but the pressure to go along with liberal viewpoints has been increasing over time, and college is often stage in life when people form their political identities.

There's also the Jewish factor. Jews are hugely overrepresented among white doctors, and most Jews are Democrats, so that also makes a difference.

In general, I find it annoying when people on the left arrogantly attempt to cast themselves as "the party of the educated, smart, compassionate people" and they cast Republicans as either dumb rubes or greedy, evil assholes.

If convicted felons were allowed to vote from prison, which party do you think most of them would be registered?
    Why do you think the dem governors are suddenly allowing felons to vote?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Why do you think the dem governors are suddenly allowing felons to vote?
    Or in Florida where the will of the people voted to allow ex-felons to vote, but yeah, suddenly dem governors are doing it also.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...court.amp.html

Comments

MumblesBadly: You’re forgetting that Teletard really means “Black felons”, given how such disenfranchise laws have overwhelmingly been used to deny Blacks who happen to be ex-convicts from voting.

Thread Information