Jenna Marbles, real name Jenna Mourey, was one of the earliest successful regular content providers on YouTube. It all got started 10 years ago, when she released this video, which seems downright amateurish by today's standards, but went viral:

Jenna, who was 29 at the time, attempted to parlay her viral video into a large regular following, and it worked. She released regular videos (at the time, mostly humor-laced tutorials aimed at young women), and she quickly built a very large and dedicated subscriber base.

While YouTube has been around since 2005, for the first five years of its existence, it was mostly a disjointed experience of random videos. There were some regular content providers at the time, but they were relatively small-time, and none made very much money.

Jenna changed all of that. She and a few other 2010 content providers struck lucrative partnership agreements with YouTube, which were the forerunner of the monetization program seen there today (which nearly everyone qualifies for). It was the first concept of its kind on the internet -- where the users who bring the hits get paid big money to continue posting content.

Okay, it was the second time that occurred. The first time was in 2007 when Jewdonk got paid $400 by Pokernews to post on NWP.

Anyway, she was always seen as a venerable and respected figure in the YouTube content world. She blazed the trail for many other content providers to come after her.

However, it was only a matter of time before the left-wing cancel culture was going to come for her. Apparently she did blackface to imitate Nikki Minaj in 2011, and did some song making fun of Asian names in 2012.

That was enough for the left to come after her, and she has now been pressured into quitting YouTube forever.

It was not my intention to do blackface. I do want to tell you how unbelievably sorry I am if I ever offended you by posting this video or by doing this impression, and that that was never my intention. It's not okay. It's shameful. It's awful. I wish it wasn't part of my past.
For now, I just can't exist on this channel ... I think I'm just going to move on from this channel for now. I don't know how long it's going to be. I just want to make sure the things I'm putting in the world aren't hurting anyone ... so I need to be done with this channel, for now or for forever.

I never cared much for her videos, but I understood why other people liked them. I wasn't her demographic. She was aiming them at young women, and apparently was very successful in attracting that group to her channel. I respect what she's accomplished.

And now she's gone.

Great job, cancel-culture leftists, as always.

RIP Humor