Thread: Uh Oh Jimmy You Gots A Lotta Splainin' To Do

Platinum
    Load Metric

Uh Oh Jimmy You Gots A Lotta Splainin' To Do

this one started to percolate last week...oddly right around the time jimmy said he was gonna take the summer off from hosting his show for "family reasons"...

looks like the cancel mob has turned on one of its own...will be interesting how this one plays out...

the big story is that he used to dress up in black face on "the man show" to poke fun at Karl Malone...

Load Metric
    This has been out there forever. He also had women sign a petition to end women's suffrage. He's fine.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    This has been out there forever. He also had women sign a petition to end women's suffrage. He's fine.
    I don't know man, this shit is on a whole 'nuther level...

granted the cancel culture has the attention span of a fucking gnat so by time he comes back from his "vacation" they will have probably moved on to other things to cancel...

Load Metric
    generally speaking when a cancel culture moment is being championed by don trump jr, im taking the under on 'how many people will care' pretty much regardless of where the line is.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I never really watched the nightly show, but I did watch Win Ben Stein's Money, listened to KROQ when he was the sports reporter, and have been exposed to him plenty from going on Carola. Jimmy is, and always has been, a good hearted person who cares about people; so his main problem with Trump and the incarnation of the Republican Party under Trump is that they are pretty much the opposite of caring about people, and not ideological commitment to SJW causes per se.

Like most comedians of his era Jimmy starting out was not a SJW by any stretch, and was not afraid to tell a politically incorrect jokes or make a politically incorrect statement. As mores have changed, so has his comedy, but I am sure there is plenty in the vault for the perpetual outrage crew to use as ammo against him. But as in most of these cases, it is a complete nothing burger.

Jimmy recently (within the last couple weeks, dont remember the exact date) came on Carola's pod and said absolutely nothing about shutting it down, or even hinting he was thinking about it. I think him shutting it down is a very sudden decision so he can weather the storm and wait for the mob to move on. Cant really blame him.

Load Metric
    I still don;t get this. Maybe because I was the right demographic at the time but feel that everyone knew about the man show and how purposely politically incorrect it was.

Not a big fan of cancel culture but especially when it comes to comedy.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I never really watched the nightly show, but I did watch Win Ben Stein's Money, listened to KROQ when he was the sports reporter, and have been exposed to him plenty from going on Carola. Jimmy is, and always has been, a good hearted person who cares about people; so his main problem with Trump and the incarnation of the Republican Party under Trump is that they are pretty much the opposite of caring about people, and not ideological commitment to SJW causes per se.

Like most comedians of his era Jimmy starting out was not a SJW by any stretch, and was not afraid to tell a politically incorrect jokes or make a politically incorrect statement. As mores have changed, so has his comedy, but I am sure there is plenty in the vault for the perpetual outrage crew to use as ammo against him. But as in most of these cases, it is a complete nothing burger.

Jimmy recently (within the last couple weeks, dont remember the exact date) came on Carola's pod and said absolutely nothing about shutting it down, or even hinting he was thinking about it. I think him shutting it down is a very sudden decision so he can weather the storm and wait for the mob to move on. Cant really blame him.
    this will definitely help his cause and not saying he's going to get pulled from the network...this whole cancel culture thing can flip on a dime so it remains to be seen if there will be enough movement to pressure ABC to do anything...

guessing a summer break would be done in September/October so guessing there will be another 100+ moral outrages by then and this will probably be swept under the rug...

just thought it was an amusing little anecdote of the cancel culture trying to eat a guy like jimmy...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I still don;t get this. Maybe because I was the right demographic at the time but feel that everyone knew about the man show and how purposely politically incorrect it was.

Not a big fan of cancel culture but especially when it comes to comedy.
    yeah with the Ziggy zoggy guy chugging beers and the chicks in skimpy outfits and all that shit...

I pray to Christ this bullshit doesn't start to infiltrate comedy...last thing comedy needs is a bunch of people who are towing some imaginary line and being fucking PC...

Thread Information