Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Bubba Wallace: Victim of NASCAR racism, or Jussie 2020?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyone who thinks this is actually a "noose" and NASCAR had nothing to hide, ask yourself:

1) Why was the picture of the "noose" hidden from the public until today?

2) Why is there only one angle of it, meant to make it look bigger and more noose-like?

3) Why is there no frame of reference of its actual size?

4) Why aren't there multiple photos available?

5) Why aren't there photos of this cord next to other standard garage rope pull cords present on-site, so we can see the difference?
    Hey remember that time you said it wasn't racist for Trump to not sell apartments to black people just good business.

This kind of reminds me of that time.
    I did not say that.

I said that Trump's dad did it for business reasons, not because of a hatred of black people. Trump's dad was engaging in a racist policy, yes, but it was one for business reasons rather than bigotry. If renting to black people was more lucrative, he would have kicked out all the white people. This was important because Trump's dad isn't alive anymore, and the only reason we're talking about him is because people are falsely claiming Trump's dad influenced him to also hate black people.

Nice twisting of my words, though. I never called it "good business".

Anyway, I see you're trying to deflect from the original topic, because you had no legitimate answers to my questions.

Let''s try again.

How do you explain the five points I raised above? NASCAR looks really foolish right now. If they could provide a defense by simply showing a side-by-side with a "normal" garage pull and the "noose" garage pull, don't you think they'd have done it by now?

Or do you think they have the dumbest PR department in history?

Why did they resist showing a picture of this "noose" until AFTER it came out that it was a garage pull? Another coincidence?

Come on, this is just getting sad.

Load Metric
    Anyone who thinks this is actually a "noose" and NASCAR had nothing to hide, ask yourself:

1) Why was the picture of the "noose" hidden from the public until today?

2) Why is there only one angle of it, meant to make it look bigger and more noose-like?

3) Why is there no frame of reference of its actual size?

4) Why aren't there multiple photos available?

5) Why aren't there photos of this cord next to other standard garage rope pull cords present on-site, so we can see the difference?
    Hey remember that time you said it wasn't racist for Trump to not sell apartments to black people just good business.

Redliner lives matter!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

I did not say that.

I said that Trump's dad did it for business reasons, not because of a hatred of black people. Trump's dad was engaging in a racist policy, yes, but it was one for business reasons rather than bigotry. If renting to black people was more lucrative, he would have kicked out all the white people. This was important because Trump's dad isn't alive anymore, and the only reason we're talking about him is because people are falsely claiming Trump's dad influenced him to also hate black people.

You're right, I was paraphrasing. The gist of your argument was they just did it for money though. Donald had been running the company for 3 or 4 years at the time, by the way, and it was so blatant that even in the 70s he had SJWs going after him.

Let''s try again.

How do you explain the five points I raised above? NASCAR looks really foolish right now. If they could provide a defense by simply showing a side-by-side with a "normal" garage pull and the "noose" garage pull, don't you think they'd have done it by now?

Why did they resist showing a picture of this "noose" until AFTER it came out that it was a garage pull? Another coincidence?

I don't see how a picture of a rope would prove anything more than claiming "NASCAR asked officials at every track to check their garages this week. NASCAR said out of 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, only 11 had a garage door pull-down rope tied in a knot. The only one fashioned in a noose was the one discovered Sunday by a crew member in Wallace’s No. 43 garage stall."

It's possible they're all lying, I guess. It's really weird that this is nascar to begin with if they are though. I'm thinking the most likely scenario is somebody went into his garage and tied the knot to make it look like a noose.

One thing is for sure, either NASCAR is lying, or the anonymous right wing conspiracy blog you posted in OP is lying. Or both.
    Name:  e7b6a8f861f20b926afad504b31786b8.png
Views: 378
Size:  32.9 KB

Load Metric
    There is a lot of shit that ain’t about nigs in the world but goddam we gonna make it about nigs for our agenda which will really make it worse for nigs while you think it’s gonna make it betta for em.

Comments

OSA: and i oop
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Platinum
    Load Metric

I did not say that.

You're right, I was paraphrasing. The gist of your argument was they just did it for money though. Donald had been running the company for 3 or 4 years at the time, by the way, and it was so blatant that even in the 70s he had SJWs going after him.

Let''s try again.

I don't see how a picture of a rope would prove anything more than claiming "NASCAR asked officials at every track to check their garages this week. NASCAR said out of 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, only 11 had a garage door pull-down rope tied in a knot. The only one fashioned in a noose was the one discovered Sunday by a crew member in Wallace’s No. 43 garage stall."

It's possible they're all lying, I guess. It's really weird that this is nascar to begin with if they are though. I'm thinking the most likely scenario is somebody went into his garage and tied the knot to make it look like a noose.

One thing is for sure, either NASCAR is lying, or the anonymous right wing conspiracy blog you posted in OP is lying. Or both.
    Name:  e7b6a8f861f20b926afad504b31786b8.png
Views: 378
Size:  32.9 KB
    Or the FBI is lying who said there’s nothing to see here.

Load Metric
    dish is correct. 100% they are taking the pic from the perfect angle where it looks largest and most noose-like.

Why can't everyone involved just admit they were fooled, and move on? "Everyone makes mistakes, it was a misunderstanding" is a lot better and believable explanation than, "OMG OMG LOOK IT WAS A NOOSE! SEE!!!"
    The most likely explanation is the simplest one - it was a loop on a garage pull that is being interpreted as a noose. I agree it looks like a noose. I agree it is not necessary for a garage pull down to look like a noose. A simple loop would do. I don't know why it looks like a noose. But, according to the FBI investigation it seems that the noose has been there for a while. Is it possible that someone has fashioned the rope into a noose to specifically target Bubba Wallace? Yes. Is it likely? In my opinion, no.

This is the availability heuristic - we judge the likelihood of something according to how easily it comes to mind. Usually this is a helpful mental shortcut. For example, if we try to predict whether there will be traffic on the way to work and remember the last time we left at a similar time and there was a lot of traffic we will probably be correct to assume there is a high likelihood that traffic will be heavy. However, often this heuristic leads to mistakes. For example, most people think you're more likely to die from gun violence than drowning in a swimming pool because we hear about all kinds of murders on the news but rarely hear about every swimming pool drowning (meanwhile, statistically you are far more likely to drown in a swimming pool [1 in 11,000] than die from gun violence [1 in over 1,000,000]).

In fact, I think Druff is relying too heavily on the availability heuristic in estimating his own likelihood of contracting COVID-19 and suffering serious health consequences. It's been the major topic in the news for months and Druff has been thinking a lot about it (so it's easily brought to mind) and so I think he believes the chance of him getting it and getting very ill is much higher than reality (maybe he actually understands the odds are extraordinarily long but he's just super cautious).

As for the Bubba Wallace incident, people saw the rope and because BLM protests and racial unrest are currently on their minds as it's the main news story apart from the pandemic, they overestimated the likelihood that it is a noose.

But people made up their minds when the news first broke and now they refuse to admit that they might be wrong. Believe perseverance.

The same thing happened last week with the NYPD claiming Shake Shack employees had poisoned their food. Immediately the Blue Lives Matter crowd was up in arms screaming about it and then after the investigation showed that there was no wrongdoing we didn't see many mea culpas from the people who were losing their minds.

So I agree with Druff about how it truly is amazing that nobody ever wants to admit a mistake and move on. And if anyone disagrees with me I'm going to DOUBLE DOWN on this post.

Comments

Sanlmar: availability heuristic rep - you are overdue for a movie review

GambleBotsChafedPenis: You Need To Post More/Bringing Sanity To PFA Rep

gimmick:

Load Metric
    SHRINK IS GOD

Comments

The Shrink: thanks but it's Kahneman and Tversky who are gods

Load Metric
    uh, can't it be a noose for the lullz fashioned there years ago without some sinister motive attributed to race?

Name:  6CLZAhG.gif
Views: 364
Size:  4.24 MB

Load Metric
    Maybe it used to be this guys garage and the noose was his good luck.

Name:  bcb93ab2740731039d930a43e9e7f799.png
Views: 339
Size:  207.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If this really was a unique rope out of 1684 on site -- and the other 1683 didn't look like nooses, you'd think we'd see a side-by-side comparison to show that the suspicion was legitimate.

We haven't seen such a thing because they likely exaggerated and don't want the full force of their histrionic idiocy to be seen.

Instead we get one picture from a perfect ominous angle with no frame of reference, and are told to trust that the rest of their story is totally legit. Never mind that this one picture they've shared was hidden from us until their original claim was debunked by conservative media.

Forgive me if all of this doesn't look like it's on the level.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    lol found this in the replies

Name:  Screenshot_20200627-182159_TweetCaster.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  1.13 MB

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bubba Wallace reminds me of what Dan Bilzerian would look like if he were a black guy.

Thread Information