First off, keep in mind that everything I'm posting here came from third parties, though I personally believe all of it to be true.

Second, be aware that this only affects non-US players, as Americans cannot play on 888.com. However, that does not make this story any less worthy of coverage.

I was actually contacted by one of the victims last week. I will see if I can get him on radio on Tuesday.

The biggest scandal involves player "LuckySraki", aak "Gnuborg" on 2+2.

Here is his initial complaint, posted to 2+2 in April, 2012:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...mping-1197961/

Basically, here's what happened:

- LuckySraki received the following letter from 888 customer service:
Dear Vyacheslav,

I am Francis V. from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. I am contacting you in regards to your LuckyAcePoker.com account with username "LuckySraki".

We have become alerted to several patterns of play upon your account that indicate
a breach of our Terms and Conditions. We have conducted an investigation into your
account to discover any signs of fraudulent activity. The patterns we are concerned
with include members intentionally losing hands through our tables.

Therefore, in accordance with these conditions, your account with ourselves has been
blocked. If you know of any reasons, contrary to the above, please could you inform us of these.
If you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Francis V.
Operations Department
Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd.
operations@cassava.net
He denied wrongdoing, then got the following reply:
Dear Vyacheslav,

This is Natalie from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

Cassava Enterprises manage operational services for LuckyAcePoker. I am contacting you in regards to your account with username "LuckySraki".

Vyacheslav, I have reviewed your account and also your game history. As previously explained to you, this is when one member intentionally loses to another member so money can be passed. In your case, you have been the recipient of this process and recieved the funds from:
lamlen

Can you please provide us with any explanations you feel are relevant to the above concerns. Once we have received this, we shall be able to conclude our investigation and proceed with your account.

Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

Regards,

Natalie
Operations Department
Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd
operations@cassava.net
He then went and explained all of his hands against lamlen. He only found 22 hands, and explained each one of them. He posted all 22 hands to 2+2.

He got the following ridiculous response:
Dear Vyacheslav,

This is Natalie from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

Cassava Enterprises manage operational services for LuckyAcePoker. I am contacting you in regards to your account with username "LuckySraki".

Vyacheslav, thank you for sending in your explanation regarding this matter.

Your account has been reviewed and the decision has been made to keep your account closed.

As previously explained to you, this member was intentionally losing to you so money can be passed.
Using our tables to transfer money is strictly against our Terms and Conditions and will not be tolerated.

In our Terms and Conditions which you agreed to upon opening your account you declare that the source of funds used by you for gambling on the Site is not illegal and that you will not use the Service in any way as a money transfer system. You will not use the Service for any unlawful or fraudulent activity or prohibited transaction (including money laundering) under the laws of any jurisdiction that applies to you (in particular, the laws of Gibraltar).

Therefore, as you have violated our terms and conditions, the decision has been made to close your account.

Please refrain from opening any further accounts with any site owned and/or operated by 888.com as these too will be blocked and no deposits returned.

Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

Regards,

Natalie
Operations Department
Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd
operations@cassava.net

He then complained to eCOGRA (eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance), which is some pathetic watchdog organization that is in bed with 888.com.

eCOGRA gave him this unbelievable reply:

Dear Sir,
We have investigated your query with 888.cpm and made the following findings:

• Your account was closed for suspected chip dumping.
• The dumper was identified as:
Username: Bertunior
Name: Bernard Smolski

We have analysed the play and are confident that the operator has acted according to their Terms and Conditions in locking your account and as such I must inform you that we find your dispute to be invalid.

So 888 claimed his account was closed because of chip dumping to account "lamlen", but then eCOGRA investigated their decision and came up with the conclusion that he dumped to "Bertunior"?!

Say what?!

So obviously both eCOGRA and 888 are a complete joke, and this poor guy got cheated.

Despite 888 having a rep on 2+2, and despite that rep responding in a similar (but easier to solve) account closure situation, they have been very silent about this situation. This player still does not have access to his money, despite no evidence of wrongdoing.

Here is the other thread, where a different 888 account was wrongfully closed:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...olved-1231452/

In that case, the 888 rep claimed "the email the member has received is not correct. It's the wrong communication template."

The 888 rep went on to explain that the player's account was simply locked while they checked into things, found out that he was not a cheater, and reopened it. Supposedly that player just received the wrong e-mail informing him that he had been cheating.

Bullshit.

But at least that guy's issue got solved.

Poor LuckySraki still has no access to his money.

This is shameful, and I suggest everyone avoid 888 until this is solved.