Thread: Duplicate IPs not allowed to register for WSOP.com tournaments, spelling potential disaster for upcoming online bracelet series

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Duplicate IPs not allowed to register for WSOP.com tournaments, spelling potential disaster for upcoming online bracelet series

https://twitter.com/pitesa39/status/1271598051572871168

This has been a longstanding problem. I ran into it in past summers when trying to play cash on wsop.com from the Rio. It didn't happen all the time, but sometimes. But that was cash. I don't play online tournies there, where the potential for this is MUCH worse (since it's checking for matching IPs for the entire field, not just one table.)

Many hotels have relatively few unique IPs, meaning that many (or all) people connecting to wsop.com from each hotel will share the same IP address. Presumably this means that there will be hotels where only one person can play each online bracelet event!

It's possible they can get 888 (the software provider) to fix this for the WSOP online bracelet events in July, or perhaps it's already fixed for those only.

Still... I see a potential for epic Caesars fail here.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Can you just run your computer off your phone's HOTSPOT, just use your phone or tablet? Its Geo locator will confirm your in the state.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs13.3 View Post
    Can you just run your computer off your phone's HOTSPOT, just use your phone or tablet? Its Geo locator will confirm your in the state.
    yeah think that's the workaround, but if you don't have unlimited data it's gonna get fucking expensive in a hurry...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, people shouldn't be having to resort to "workarounds" to play a fucking WSOP event which they traveled from out of state to go do.

Once that happens, most will just give up and call the trip a huge fail.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Still crickets from the WSOP regarding this situation, as far as I know.

Because nobody is in charge.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, people shouldn't be having to resort to "workarounds" to play a fucking WSOP event which they traveled from out of state to go do.

Once that happens, most will just give up and call the trip a huge fail.
    Absolutely agree. However, I am a selfish cunt just worrying about my self when I go to Jersey this summer. Thank god I have unlimited DATA.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know you're going to be shocked, but this happened on the first day of the online WSOP.

https://twitter.com/zestyne3/status/1278462975347527680

Load Metric

There’s an 800lb elephant hanging over WSOP.COM

I brought it up in the Hellmuth thread but honestly it deserves its own given the potential for absolute failure by WSOP.COM and their online series. As Was brought up on Poker Radio by Druff players had complained before the series of having IP blocks occur for same IP address useage. I thought well it can’t be that big a deal to fix it but low and behold the series has started and it’s still happening. A player posted tonight he was staying at Ceasers itself and got IP blocked by WSOP.COM. This isn’t even remotely humorous for folks who’ve traveled to Vegas to play online. How WSOP could be blissfully unaware this was an issue since it was brought up on PFA Radio and I believe a couple tweets mentioned it also before now is beyond me. So far their only response is they’re checking into it. I believe they knew and I’m also now afraid what should’ve been a simple fix via a toggle may not be. They obviously set up security to avoid IP address sharing to lower risk of collusion and such. However if it’s not a simple toggle then they are screwed royally. NGC won’t approve a significant patch especially security wise in time as the series has started. Secondly...

How the hell is it possible for a stupid Chinese Poker App and yes even the software PFAs own NoFraud Poker site can fix such an issue literally in seconds and WSOP can’t. I mean if Pokermavens can address it simply with a main settings toggle (That setting literally blocks Dup IPs from even logging into A Pokermavens site) or even individual per ring table or tournament (disallowing it per cash game or tournament) then how the hell can WSOP not be able to rapidly fix this also. As I said before if they can’t fix it with a simple toggle then WSOP software is a steaming pile of backend shit and a pretty GUI interface and literally this could KILL WSOP.COM if it’s not fixable quickly. People will lose total faith that the software and the folks running the site have any clue.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I agree and understand everyone's frustration. Regarding the sites issues, I was wondering when it comes to updates and fixes to the gaming software the Nevada and Jersey gaming commissions have created red tape to ensure consumer protection.

Thread Information