Thread: Viva Covid Vegas

Load Metric

Viva Covid Vegas

Pulled into town at 10pm. Four hour drive from the Ancient Bristlecone Forest where I was hiking. I’m Diamond, no comp at Caesars, so Harrah’s it is. That’s fine because easy access to my car. I was there to shop for sporting goods and clothes. I hate shopping. Vacant malls, where I can get in and out quickly, and good deals on backloggged inventory. Perfect.

Free parking now. They temp screened me at check in. No maid service. Walked over to the Venetian to eat. Crowd about the size of an off season weekday. Weird. Half wearing masks even when walking around. No cars on the strip to speak of. Crowds small enough to easily social distance.

At the Venetian, they were temp screening everybody at the entrances and offering masks. They had people wiping down the escalator rails. Clear they are taking more stringent sanitary measures than Caesars. They even installed partitions between the bathroom washbasins.

Poker room was full. Five handed 1/3 and 2/5 NLH, waiting list of 30 for each. Wait list for 10/20 was only one though! They had a 1/2 PLO as well. Not every player was wearing a mask, but most were. Many familiar faces in the room, and that is not a good thing.
    Games running at Orleans and South Point as well.

Ate at Noodle Asia, half the usual tables. Most of the better strip restaurants are closed, maybe for good. Most bars too. In-n-Out at the Linq open. Went the next night at 11pm. No line! A half hour of video poker and a Margarita and it was bed time for the old man.

Open: Wynn, Venetian, TI, Harrah’s, Flamingo, Caesars, Bellagio, NYNY, Excalibur. No Laurel lounges open, so no scamming free food for me. I saw very few planes flying into McCarran. My room had a view of the tarmac. Traffic was fairly steady coming from LA on my way home, so l’m thinking most tourist are from So Cal.

Dispensaries open. Don’t know about the strip clubs, last one I went to was Glitter Gulch in like 2000, so that pretty much dates me.

Would I come back soon? Probably not, just because there isn’t much to do. I don’t get the impression that the risk of contracting the virus is any worse or better here though.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Trip Report Rep

Tellafriend: love a tr

JSTAT: Thanks!

Sanlmar: TR rep

JoeD: Thanks, great report. Liked the pic of the new Caesars Convention Center too

Dan Druff: ty for info, will read on radio tomorrow

big dick: GL

simpdog: TRIPS

gut: nice

The Shrink:

Shizzmoney: trip report rep

Walter Sobchak: TR baby

BCR: Ain’t scared of no virus

Load Metric
    Top top TR. Hope to be able to go back to Vegas soon.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

At the Venetian, they were temp screening everybody at the entrances and offering masks. They had people wiping down the escalator rails. Clear they are taking more stringent sanitary measures than Caesars. They even installed partitions between the bathroom washbasins.
    that would require the evil empire to actually spend money on something that doesn't directly make them money...they aint about all that shit...

Load Metric
    I cannot envision playing poker in a mask. I can barely get through the grocery store with one. As soon as there is a vaccine, even if it does not work, Vegas will be back to normal. I am gaining confidence in that I feel I already have the antibodies. I went into the liquor store tonight for a case of wine without a mask. Nobody batted an eye, nobody cared. It's effectively over. Even though CNN wants it to continue forever, for ratings nonetheless.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Time for a new account....or did Druff take that away from you lol

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks for the report. It's pretty much what I expected it to be. Will read on radio tomorrow night.

Some questions/comments:

1) I have wanted to visit the Ancient Bristlecone Forest for a long time. Do you have pictures? How was it? I never end up getting there because it's way out of the way, probably an hour each way extra if I'm already making the 5-hour drive to/from Mammoth.

2) You like Harrah's parking? I find it to be a poorly designed mess, and a pain geting in and out because of all the looping around.

3) You say that Vegas has little to do right now, and I agree. Why did you go in the first place? Just out of curiosity?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Of course you could have done this:

https://twitter.com/CaesarsPalace/status/1271543512681463808

Just $20 for non-guests to play 6:5 blackjack in a pool! What a deal!

Comments

JSTAT: Shuffle tracking might overcome the 6:5 BJ payout

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Thanks for the report. It's pretty much what I expected it to be. Will read on radio tomorrow night.

Some questions/comments:

1) I have wanted to visit the Ancient Bristlecone Forest for a long time. Do you have pictures? How was it? I never end up getting there because it's way out of the way, probably an hour each way extra if I'm already making the 5-hour drive to/from Mammoth.

2) You like Harrah's parking? I find it to be a poorly designed mess, and a pain geting in and out because of all the looping around.

3) You say that Vegas has little to do right now, and I agree. Why did you go in the first place? Just out of curiosity?
    Hit me up with a phone call tonight and I’ll come on the show.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Some questions/comments:

Skype? Phone? If you want the call by phone, text your # to 775-372-8355

Load Metric
    I'm eagerly anticipating a trip back in late aug/early sept, assuming the fucking country still exists then.

Load Metric
    Skype? Phone? If you want the call by phone, text your # to 775-372-8355
    Here’s my number: (213) 867-5309.

Comments

IamGreek: Not kewl bro

Load Metric
    it has been too long for me, need a trip to lvs. did you feel concerned about covid w/ all the sheep? did you wear a mask? did you do anything special to avoid risk? TIA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    it has been too long for me, need a trip to lvs. did you feel concerned about covid w/ all the sheep? did you wear a mask? did you do anything special to avoid risk? TIA
    You're A lawyer right? And you make a lot of loot right?

How is it posible that you need to ask these basic questions?

Yes dipshit bring a fucking mask with you. Wash your hands OFTEN. Don't stick your fingers in your nose ears or near your eyes.

Feel like i'm talking to a 12 year old

Comments

Tellafriend: Says the stay at home husband.

Load Metric
    We cancelled our trip to Vegas. I can't see going without everything being open and tons of crowds. That's part of the experience. Instead we are going to Wendover on Wednesday and Thursday. Figure it will be easy to social distance on weekdays. Wonder what changes they have made. We'll be carrying our own sanitizer with us and our N-95 masks. Life's too short for us to stay locked up anymore. Corona Be Damned!

Comments

big dick: Blame who should be blamed. Trump, BIDEN 2020

Tellafriend: big bird offset - he should go clean the house

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Nice report.

I am tempted to take a trip out there. Poker above 1/2nl in LV mostly sucks anyway, so I would go for some AP plays and road trip around national parks and go to some of the off-strip ethnic restaurants I like.

But most of this stuff seems to be closed and quite frankly, if Vegas wants my business during the pandemic, they need to offer more, not less. Right now, they cut a lot of the perks, keep most of restaurants/shows/etc closed, and the room prices are nothing special.

I want incentives and I'm not seeing any substantial ones.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by apwiz View Post
    Nice report.

I am tempted to take a trip out there. Poker above 1/2nl in LV mostly sucks anyway, so I would go for some AP plays and road trip around national parks and go to some of the off-strip ethnic restaurants I like.

But most of this stuff seems to be closed and quite frankly, if Vegas wants my business during the pandemic, they need to offer more, not less. Right now, they cut a lot of the perks, keep most of restaurants/shows/etc closed, and the room prices are nothing special.

I want incentives and I'm not seeing any substantial ones.
    Like cheap, ethnic, off strip? Try Da Lat, 4553 W Flamingo Rd, a mile west of the Rio. My late night go to during the WSOP. Have not checked out the massage parlor next door, but it’s open real late too!
    Name:  2FA66D7B-C1A2-4CA7-9159-B360257EBB86.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  28.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    I literally just got back from a local breakfast place. Place was packed, tables were like 3 fee apart, nobody wearing masks. I will probably be dead in a month. But two over easy with sausage is simply too much to pass up. I feel good about myself, on a $9 tab I gave the waitress a $20 since she was out of work for two months. That is an $11 tip on a $9 tab, pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Sick brag!!!

splitthis:

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: but nobody care about the virus anymore

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    But nobody cares about the virus anymore, it's already over, it's only people in nursing homes.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information