Thread: Pokerstars pisses off Home Games players by changing settings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pokerstars pisses off Home Games players by changing settings

Like many of you during COVIDpalooza, you have probably been playing Pokerstars home games tournaments to play poker in the US (especially in places where poker isn't legal in states). I started doing it to play with friends who have moved away; but it's also become a place where folks can play MTTs like they used to do before black friday.

Folks usually settle the cash, rake free, via apps like PP, Venmo, etc. A private game setup, you could change blinds from 5-20 min, starting stacks from 2k-20k, and other options that gave you a variety of games and play. I am in a few groups, inclduing one that does non-NLHE games, as even that has been getting 10-20 runners a night. Games have been good and groups have been booming; I am in several and the avg group membership is in the 400s, with NLHE averaging 45-90 runners per night... esp since most poker rooms in New England are still shut down.

Of course, at some point, Stars was gonna change this. They don't take rake off these things, and they obviously know what people are doing. So after an "update", they changed it so only 3k starting stack is an option, as well as changing the game speed to "fast" only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...ir_home_games/

Some have guessed its to get players to buy more play chips (LOL) as the lowest play money buyin is 20K (you get 15k free every 4 hours). poker twitter is in an uproar over this (as well as I; I have done very well in these games in the last 3 mths).

Someone emailed pokerstars and they said it was just a temporary thing; we will see.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 752
Size:  124.5 KB

Does anyone know of a free poker site where you can setup private MTTs?
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 06-11-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information