Thread: Pokerstars pisses off Home Games players by changing settings

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pokerstars pisses off Home Games players by changing settings

Like many of you during COVIDpalooza, you have probably been playing Pokerstars home games tournaments to play poker in the US (especially in places where poker isn't legal in states). I started doing it to play with friends who have moved away; but it's also become a place where folks can play MTTs like they used to do before black friday.

Folks usually settle the cash, rake free, via apps like PP, Venmo, etc. A private game setup, you could change blinds from 5-20 min, starting stacks from 2k-20k, and other options that gave you a variety of games and play. I am in a few groups, inclduing one that does non-NLHE games, as even that has been getting 10-20 runners a night. Games have been good and groups have been booming; I am in several and the avg group membership is in the 400s, with NLHE averaging 45-90 runners per night... esp since most poker rooms in New England are still shut down.

Of course, at some point, Stars was gonna change this. They don't take rake off these things, and they obviously know what people are doing. So after an "update", they changed it so only 3k starting stack is an option, as well as changing the game speed to "fast" only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...ir_home_games/

Some have guessed its to get players to buy more play chips (LOL) as the lowest play money buyin is 20K (you get 15k free every 4 hours). poker twitter is in an uproar over this (as well as I; I have done very well in these games in the last 3 mths).

Someone emailed pokerstars and they said it was just a temporary thing; we will see.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 749
Size:  124.5 KB

Does anyone know of a free poker site where you can setup private MTTs?
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 06-11-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    yo shizz...

i was supposed to play on donkhouse.com with some buddies, but wasn't able to make it...they have used it a few times and seem to have liked it...

i believe they have MTTs, but im not quite sure...at worst it would be something to check out...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    yo shizz...

i was supposed to play on donkhouse.com with some buddies, but wasn't able to make it...they have used it a few times and seem to have liked it...

i believe they have MTTs, but im not quite sure...at worst it would be something to check out...
    Just went on there; looks like they don't have MTT, but you can setup a cash game that doesnt take "play" rake (so its easier to settle up after). You can setup 10 person SNG, but it looks like the blinds have to raised manually.

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like a lot of anxiety for no reason. Pokerstars has fixed the starting chip issue and we once again have 3k, 5k and 10k stacks available. 20k is currently not available.

They did make the structures faster, however

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Previously planned upgrades to the PokerStars Home Games platform were “recently accelerated in response to customer feedback”. The most notable upgrade is that now players can play on most mobile devices. Currently, Android devices are good to go, and support for iOS devices is reportedly coming very soon.

Home Games has also been updated to include some of the game formats that had previously been unavailable. These include popular formats like Progressive Knock-Out and Total PKO tournaments. Players can also check out some more unique PokerStars offerings including Five- and Six-Card Omaha, 6+ Hold’em (Short Deck), Split Hold’em, and Fusion. PokerStars’ ‘Swap Hold’em’ will be added shortly as well.

Updates were also made to simplify the process of creating cash games and tournaments by “making things cleaner and easier’ for the club managers. Late registration options have been extended with options of up to 90 minutes. New options for the speed of the tournament give managers four options from Hyper-turbos (3-minute levels) up to Slow (15-minute levels).
    https://www.pocketfives.com/articles...grades-631368/

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Shizz, in your last post you mention the change to the late registration option up to 90 minutes. After the recent upgrade, mine is defaulting to 60 minutes for every tournament I create. I cant find where the option is to set that. I found it one time and set it to no late period, but now I cant find it. Do you or does anybody know where that setting is? I sent their support an email, but they wont reply to me.

Thread Information