Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad health news for me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

bad health news for me

i have a messed up shoulder. prolly from throwing a tennis ball as hard as i could as a youth and being a pitcher in my baseball days.

the pain has spread so much that i think it's a rotator cuff injury.

not looking for sympathy. had i played soccer this wouldn't have been a problem.

the problem gets worse as i get tired every night for some reason, like a cold. and i can barely lift my arm up....but when i wake up and go through the day it's not nearly as bad and i can still function without pain.

could i be mis-diagnosing myself?
    Last edited by mulva; 06-07-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    OSA is here for all your all natural alternative medicine needs.

Load Metric
    this guy has a sore shoulder and started a thread about it.

Comments

Ballhawknet: Anything beats another big PP don't hold on Global bullshit thread

Load Metric
    most exciting thing happening around here tbh

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    not just sore shoulder...this is most def more and don't want to find out i have to go under the knife
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    not just sore shoulder...this is most def more and don't want to find out i have to go under the knife
    See a doctor. It'll just get worse.

Hope you recover quickly.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    weird coincidence i also fucked my shoulder up this winter from carrying firewood awkwardly.

very similar situation honestly.

no joke; lifting weights helped a lot. i still cant lay flat on my back and relax my shoulders or it feels like something is tearing loose but its no longer keeping me up at night, that sort of thing.

id have absolutely no complaints about getting knifed if it could actually solve this even 90%.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    could be tendonitis.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    could be tendonitis.
    Or bursitis or a rotator cuff injury. That’s the 3 listed for shoulder getting worse at night according to the inter webs. I had never heard anyone say that, but seems prevalent with those 3.

I tore my labrum partially in like 1997 throwing. I showed up late for a softball game and jumped into the outfield and of course got the first ball hit to me and made a long throw and it’s hurt ever since. It’s just not bad enough to go under the knife and rehab for 6 months. Labrum tears hurt worse doing pressing type exercises, push-ups hurt, and shit like dips are out of the question. You can work around them. That doesn’t sound like something you can live with long term.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    it will get better by itself chill

Load Metric
    There is not a pitcher alive who hasn’t suffered some kind of damage.

Like Sonatine says, the weights might help. Probably builds stability around the shoulder. Who knows.

Hold a 5lb weight/plate in each hand and go through a full range of motion.
    Bring them together over your head and back down to side
    Hold out to side and make small circular motion
    Lie on your back on bench and all that shit.

That’ll warm you up. This is almost a daily deal for me. The more active I am the happier it is.

When the shoulder hurts though you can’t think. See what is happening with a shoulder guy. Have him sched X-ray. You know the cortisone is coming.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    it will get better by itself chill
    i have to put this here, i was going to put it in one of the other right/left war threads but it's too funny not to use it here.

Name:  jwoods.png
Views: 416
Size:  55.3 KB

Load Metric
    Try rubbing CBD oil on it for pain.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: (RED) junkie

Silver
    Load Metric
    My dad had something similar. Nothing helped him until he started taking coral calcium supplements.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Like Sonatine says, the weights might help. Probably builds stability around the shoulder. Who knows.

That’ll warm you up. This is almost a daily deal for me. The more active I am the happier it is.

When the shoulder hurts though you can’t think. See what is happening with a shoulder guy. Have him sched X-ray. You know the cortisone is coming.

This and different sports bands out there help. That’s what I use to warm up before I do anything. I just assume he is likely well past that point assuming this is the same issue that wouldn’t let him sleep months ago. If it isn’t the same issue, and he’s dealing with pain on that level in multiple areas, he’s probably got bigger problems that are systemic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

isn't there a possible scenario that using weights could rip up things more and it would turn into a tom browning thing?

Load Metric
    It’s sometimes hard for them to hit the right spot with the cortisone. They’ll tell you that right up front depending.

The pain is so distracting though.

Load Metric

isn't there a possible scenario that using weights could rip up things more and it would turn into a tom browning thing?
    We are talking 5lbs.

Your not gonna want to do it at first out of fear but I swear within minutes it improves. But everyone is different.

See a shoulder guy for xrays. Then make a physiotherapist rich.

Load Metric
    Agree with those who say see a doctor and have x-rays. It may turn into more of a problem down the line. Just do it. I waited 20 years before I finally did something about my sleep apnea. Officially got diagnosed in December 2018 and just started using a CPAP machine this weekend. Procrastination can kill ya.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

We are talking 5lbs.

Your not gonna want to do it at first out of fear but I swear within minutes it improves. But everyone is different.

See a shoulder guy for xrays. Then make a physiotherapist rich.
    i remember when i broke my finger and needed a pin in it. after the pin came out i went to physical therapy. these fuckers wanted to bend my finger like play doh and i wanted to kill them. i obv stopped going after 2 sessions

Thread Information