Thread: dak prescott "I never protest during the anthem, and I don't think that's the time or the venue to do so,"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

dak prescott "I never protest during the anthem, and I don't think that's the time or the venue to do so,"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ational-anthem

lol

of course he isn't gonna take any heat from this..because it's black vs white. not right vs wrong

OXNARD, Calif. -- Since saying he did not believe the national anthem was the right venue to protest social injustices, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has caught flak from those in and around the NFL as well as from some outside professional sports.
    Prescott said he knew there would be a backlash, so it did not catch him by surprise.

"I made my statements. I stand by what I said," Prescott said Sunday. "Some people may have misunderstood or whatever, but I know what I said, and I feel strongly about what I said. It is what it is."

On July 27, Prescott was asked to respond to Jerry Jones' comments at the start of training camp that Cowboys players will stand for the anthem. The NFL and NFL Players Association have had meetings about anthem protocol after the league announced it was setting aside a ruling that players have to stand if they are on the field for the anthem but may remain in the locker room if they want to.

"I never protest during the anthem, and I don't think that's the time or the venue to do so," Prescott said last month. "The game of football has always brought me such a peace, and I think it does the same for a lot of people, a lot of people playing the game, a lot of people watching the game, a lot of people that have any impact of the game. So when you bring such a controversy to the stadium, to the field, to the game, it takes away. It takes away from that. It takes away from the joy and the love that football brings to a lot of people.

"So for me, I'm all about making a change, making a difference, and I think this whole kneeling and all that was all about just raising awareness. The fact that we're still talking about social injustice years later, I think we've got to that point. I think we've proved and we know that there's social injustice. So I'm for taking a next step that whatever that step may be for action, and not just kneeling. I've always believed in standing up for what I believe in, and that's what I'm going to continue to do."

Prescott said he respects the players who have protested during the anthem, but he believes there is a better way to bring about a solution.
    On social media and in news media, Prescott has taken heat for his comments. Prescott was recently depicted on a mural in Dallas as a character from the film "Get Out," with a gasping, terrified look and tears falling from his eyes.

"Everybody has their own opinion," Prescott said Sunday, regarding the mural.

Prescott said he is aware that the issue of protesting during the anthem has been a polarizing topic.

"That's what controversial means," he said, "and this is probably one of the most controversial topics we've had in the game since I've been in."
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Nobody commenting on this clip? Big Dong?

Comments

big dick: you are the ric flair or trolling.. WOO

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

lol

of course he isn't gonna take any heat from this..because it's black vs white. not right vs wrong

OXNARD, Calif. -- Since saying he did not believe the national anthem was the right venue to protest social injustices, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has caught flak from those in and around the NFL as well as from some outside professional sports.
    Prescott said he knew there would be a backlash, so it did not catch him by surprise.

"I made my statements. I stand by what I said," Prescott said Sunday. "Some people may have misunderstood or whatever, but I know what I said, and I feel strongly about what I said. It is what it is."

On July 27, Prescott was asked to respond to Jerry Jones' comments at the start of training camp that Cowboys players will stand for the anthem. The NFL and NFL Players Association have had meetings about anthem protocol after the league announced it was setting aside a ruling that players have to stand if they are on the field for the anthem but may remain in the locker room if they want to.

"I never protest during the anthem, and I don't think that's the time or the venue to do so," Prescott said last month. "The game of football has always brought me such a peace, and I think it does the same for a lot of people, a lot of people playing the game, a lot of people watching the game, a lot of people that have any impact of the game. So when you bring such a controversy to the stadium, to the field, to the game, it takes away. It takes away from that. It takes away from the joy and the love that football brings to a lot of people.

"So for me, I'm all about making a change, making a difference, and I think this whole kneeling and all that was all about just raising awareness. The fact that we're still talking about social injustice years later, I think we've got to that point. I think we've proved and we know that there's social injustice. So I'm for taking a next step that whatever that step may be for action, and not just kneeling. I've always believed in standing up for what I believe in, and that's what I'm going to continue to do."

Prescott said he respects the players who have protested during the anthem, but he believes there is a better way to bring about a solution.
    On social media and in news media, Prescott has taken heat for his comments. Prescott was recently depicted on a mural in Dallas as a character from the film "Get Out," with a gasping, terrified look and tears falling from his eyes.

Prescott said he is aware that the issue of protesting during the anthem has been a polarizing topic.

"That's what controversial means," he said, "and this is probably one of the most controversial topics we've had in the game since I've been in."
    Even though I disagree with Dak I respect him for stating his opinion eloquently, respecting those who disagree, and sticking by what he said. Guy has real balls compared to Drew Brees.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

lol

Even though I disagree with Dak I respect him for stating his opinion eloquently, respecting those who disagree, and sticking by what he said. Guy has real balls compared to Drew Brees.
    OH COME ON

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

OH COME ON
    Meaning?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    it's a motherfucking double standard..i hope half the nfl kneels...love to see them kill the sport all by themselves..

lol ..drew brees prolly did more than the whole saints team combined in terms of donations and other things...

now every jerk off wants him to hang as a closet racist.........lol @ some of his teammates, lebron, carbi b, shannon sharp being a moral compass for us and speaking for all blacks.....

brees is still getting crucified.....sharpe said he should retire......gtfo
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    it's a motherfucking double standard..i hope half the nfl kneels...love to see them kill the sport all by themselves..

lol ..drew brees prolly did more than the whole saints team combined in terms of donations and other things...

now every jerk off wants him to hang as a closet racist.........lol @ some of his teammates, lebron, carbi b, shannon sharp being a moral compass for us and speaking for all blacks.....

brees is still getting crucified.....sharpe said he should retire......gtfo
    He's an evangelical Christian conservative Trump supporter. He raised money for a group that does gay conversion therapy and then "apologized" for it later and said he "didn't realize" just like he "didn't realize" the implication of what he said a few days ago. LOL you'd have to live in a cave not to realize it.

Instead of half-ass apologizing and reading a statement someone wrote for him, he should just own it and be what he is. It shouldn't disqualify him from playing football.

That being said, LOL at anyone who thinks there is not still institutionalized racism in America and that something (a lot) needs to be done about it.

Load Metric
    Walt, when do you sleep? I worry about some that never log off 24/7. See ya on the news!

Comments

Tellafriend: He has really increased his posts
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    That being said, LOL at anyone who thinks there is not still institutionalized racism in America and that something (a lot) needs to be done about it.
    There's either institutionalized racism or black people just complain too much. Oh wait.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    go philly....yo bad guy...yell me philly is going to crush it this year

Thread Information