Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This NFL head coach will fired by the end of the week

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    amazing that sticking up for the American flag and everyone who has fought for it and your freedoms makes you a racist white supremacist nazi.

Sad!
    The thing is Brees says he actually agrees with the reason they are protesting, he just thinks they shouldn't do so by kneeling during the anthem.

He's entitled to his opinion.

People with different opinions used to be able to play sports together, work together, talk to each other, even marry one another. Not anymore. This is a big part of the problem.

Comments

dwai:

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Not gonna lie. Before all this protest BS I was ready for some NBA and MLB. Lakers with Lebron and AD #1 seed in West. Dodgers absolute powerhouse (and was going to be first time televised in like 5 years). This really was supposed to be a big year for LA sports.

But now, I just don't think I can take all the inevitable political virtue signaling and moralizing.

I'm so over it, and it has barely begun.
    Saluting the flag and other patriotic gestures is also virtue signaling.

Just so you know.

Load Metric

Just so you know.
    Maybe you're not aware of what virtue signaling is. Virtue signaling is making an overt display to communicate belonging in a group whose members share common beliefs.

SJW tweets are virtue signaling
    saluting the flag is virtue signaling
    throwing up a gang sign is virtue signaling
    wearing team gear to a football game is virtue signaling
    flying a confederate flag is virtue signaling

They're all aimed at different groups but they're all virtue signaling.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fox News and the GOP are the leaders in empty “patriotic” virtue signalling.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Not gonna lie. Before all this protest BS I was ready for some NBA and MLB. Lakers with Lebron and AD #1 seed in West. Dodgers absolute powerhouse (and was going to be first time televised in like 5 years). This really was supposed to be a big year for LA sports.

But now, I just don't think I can take all the inevitable political virtue signaling and moralizing.

I'm so over it, and it has barely begun.

Just so you know.
    Well, I am ok with a little patriotic symbolic gesturing as long as we are all on board with it (maybe a lot of the black athletes never were and this is just naivety on my part). Sing the national anthem and salute the flag and let's get onto the game.

But I think it is going to be so political and over the top from both sides I may pass this year. And all the stories (that I think are just beginning) about white sports figures having to grovel to keep their jobs and not be thrown on the altar of social justice is extremely nauseating.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    amazing that sticking up for the American flag and everyone who has fought for it and your freedoms makes you a racist white supremacist nazi.

Sad!
    The thing is Brees says he actually agrees with the reason they are protesting, he just thinks they shouldn't do so by kneeling during the anthem.

He's entitled to his opinion.

People with different opinions used to be able to play sports together, work together, talk to each other, even marry one another. Not anymore. This is a big part of the problem.
    Well, because he is Dew Brees he can probably survive if he licks a few boots. But the punter better keep his thoughts to himself. For white people I think the rule of thumb moving forward is, "When we want your opinion, we will tell you what it is."

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: (red) this is a warning, you made a typo Dew Brees, next time you will get red rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’m feelin a lot of kneelin this fall.

College will be just as bad as the NFL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    obv brees can't side with both.

when u make 30mi per year and the nfl is 90% black you betta elaborate

good boy....

I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.

In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.

This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.

I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.

I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.

I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.

I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.

I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.

I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.

For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Drew Brees apologizes for saying kneeling during national anthem is 'disrespectful' to the military after fans burn his jersey and Saints teammate Malcolm Jenkins tells him to 'shut up'
    Drew Brees has apologized and condemned oppression of African Americans amid a torrent of criticism from sports stars over his criticism of NFL protests
    Brees recently doubled down on his belief that protesting racism by kneeling during the national anthem is disrespectful to the country and the military
    Since then, teammates, other NFL stars, and LeBron James have criticized Brees
    Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins went so far as to tell Brees to 'shut the f*** up'
    On Thursday, Brees apologized: '[I] completely missed the mark... I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice'
    A few social media users posted video of themselves burning Brees jerseys
    Brees's criticism of the protests and his apology were his first comments in response to the killing of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police
    Marchers protesting Floyd's killing in New Orleans chanted 'f*** Drew Brees!'
    UPDATE: Teammate Michael Thomas has announced he has forgiven Brees

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-backlash.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "A few social media users posted video of themselves burning Brees jerseys"

lol

whites gotta be the one kneeling..for 30mil i will say shit i don't believe in as well. especially when the other option is not getting 30 mil and getting ur ass kicked and destroyed in social media

roger gooodel is still the #1 cuck. he makes 30mil annually as well, and absorbs all the backlash so the NFL owners don't...who make considerably more $$$

nfl is complete shit
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’m feelin a lot of kneelin this fall.

gonna be interesting...college has always been 'stand in line' or you're fucking out...don't see anything to change that unless you get a mass exodus of players...but they'd just be fucking shooting themselves in the fucking dick by doing that...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

gonna be interesting...college has always been 'stand in line' or you're fucking out...don't see anything to change that unless you get a mass exodus of players...but they'd just be fucking shooting themselves in the fucking dick by doing that...
    Going to be funny when someone mouths off to Nick Saban. That will be interesting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

hopefully they will kneel. does bama have any white peeps..and HC make crazy money so they're not gonna say chit.

just ruin it all

Platinum
    Load Metric
    this one is a few days old, but it looks like mike Norvell could be possibly on his way out at FSU before even coaching one game because he said he had individual talks with his team when he didn't...

this guy was 'THE IT' guy going into the 2020-21 season after what he did at Memphis...now...…………

he posted his statement online for people to see...did he honestly think his players weren't gonna call bullshit on it? jesus Christ...this is why it amazes me that we're supposed to be waiting on statements from all these coaches...these guys are football coaches, they know football, they sure the fuck ain't thought leaders...what the fuck kinda thought provoking statement do you expect from these guys?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...inkId=90121126

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Going to be funny when someone mouths off to Nick Saban. That will be interesting.
    exactly...so you can say, 'fuck you nick, im kneeling' and piss away your chance to be a high draft pick in the NFL and earn millions because he will cut your ass or you can tow the line and take the road to the payday...there aint a shortage of 5*s who would want to play for saban if given the chance...

Load Metric
    this one is a few days old, but it looks like mike Norvell could be possibly on his way out at FSU before even coaching one game because he said he had individual talks with his team when he didn't...

this guy was 'THE IT' guy going into the 2020-21 season after what he did at Memphis...now...…………

he posted his statement online for people to see...did he honestly think his players weren't gonna call bullshit on it? jesus Christ...this is why it amazes me that we're supposed to be waiting on statements from all these coaches...these guys are football coaches, they know football, they sure the fuck ain't thought leaders...what the fuck kinda thought provoking statement do you expect from these guys?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...inkId=90121126
    I am not for firing anyone over a technicality, but fuck, you have to have better judgement. I mean, if you are saying you had some phone calls with your star black players and really just sent them a generic text, really not much anyone can do with you. I mean you are making what $4M a year, and you say you had calls with your star players when you sent them a generic text?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

exactly...so you can say, 'fuck you nick, im kneeling' and piss away your chance to be a high draft pick in the NFL and earn millions because he will cut your ass or you can tow the line and take the road to the payday...there aint a shortage of 5*s who would want to play for saban if given the chance...
    bs...black athletes can kneel all they want...if they're afraid get a couple buddies to do it with them. they have all the power being black and standing up for cause and injustice. even though most of them lol @ the cause

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

bs...black athletes can kneel all they want...if they're afraid get a couple buddies to do it with them. they have all the power being black and standing up for cause and injustice. even though most of them lol @ the cause
    again you would have to have a huge mass to do that...we're talking probably 75% of the team...

you think if 2-3 guys from bama decide to kneel and saban doesn't like it that they wouldn't be on the first bus outta Tuscaloosa?

again there are dozens upon dozens of 5*s who would be willing to toe nick's line to get a shot at their big NFL payday...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

again you would have to have a huge mass to do that...we're talking probably 75% of the team...

you think if 2-3 guys from bama decide to kneel and saban doesn't like it that they wouldn't be on the first bus outta Tuscaloosa?

again there are dozens upon dozens of 5*s who would be willing to toe nick's line to get a shot at their big NFL payday...
    i don't think anything will happen to them right now. obv strength in numbers, but the universities are spreading this garbage daily, they sure as he'll are not going to shut down a star black athlete

Platinum
    Load Metric

i don't think anything will happen to them right now. obv strength in numbers, but the universities are spreading this garbage daily, they sure as he'll are not going to shut down a star black athlete
    wouldn't argue with that...but we're at minimum 3 months away from the season...lotttttttttttttttttttttttttta shit can change in 3 months...

and think about saban this way...he basically cut Jalen hurts from the team...a guy who is easily a top 5 QB in the nation and if you really wanted to argue you could probably argue the best college QB in the nation...he obviously cut him for another top 5 QB, but it's bama...you cut one guy who is a pain in your ass the guy behind him is probably equally as qualified to step in and take those reps at the same level as the guy who he is replacing...

Load Metric
    Coach got woke, real fast. Real fast.

Broncos players, coach Vic Fangio help lead protest march through Denver

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-march-denver

Thread Information