Thread: OSA, WTF is going on in NYC with the riots?

Load Metric

OSA, WTF is going on in NYC with the riots?

Scary situation or media driven sensation? Updates please. I wish I still lived in Philadelphia, I'd drive up 95 and check things out.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I am not OSA, but I can give you my experience from tonight.

You see, I am the dummy who did not realize there was a curfew in place. I didn't see it on the news and the city text alerts did not send anything out about a curfew. As such, I was driving back into the city at 11pm. No electronic sign mentioned the curfew.

Trying to get to my 'hood on Upper East Side, all the roads are blocked starting around 97th Street. Only residents and essential workers can enter. Inside the perimeter, it is very quiet, but not too different from normal quarantine at this hour.

What concerned me a little is that there is a decent number of young people loitering around and it is clear that they are not residents. They are in groups of 3-4, spaced out, and seemingly close to places like RiteAid/similar.

Given that no one is supposed to be on the street to begin with, maybe the cops can start doing ID checks to see if they are local residents.

So far, quiet.

But I regret parking right near RiteAid... I just lowered my car insurance coverage a few weeks ago since I'm not driving much during Covid.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My prediction? The stock market will fall a little tomorrow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by apwiz View Post

You see, I am the dummy who did not realize there was a curfew in place. I didn't see it on the news and the city text alerts did not send anything out about a curfew. As such, I was driving back into the city at 11pm. No electronic sign mentioned the curfew.

Trying to get to my 'hood on Upper East Side, all the roads are blocked starting around 97th Street. Only residents and essential workers can enter. Inside the perimeter, it is very quiet, but not too different from normal quarantine at this hour.

What concerned me a little is that there is a decent number of young people loitering around and it is clear that they are not residents. They are in groups of 3-4, spaced out, and seemingly close to places like RiteAid/similar.

Given that no one is supposed to be on the street to begin with, maybe the cops can start doing ID checks to see if they are local residents.

So far, quiet.

But I regret parking right near RiteAid... I just lowered my car insurance coverage a few weeks ago since I'm not driving much during Covid.
    How is it clear they're not residents?

Load Metric
    Skatz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

So far, quiet.

All NYC residents look the same. Obviously.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Dress code, mannerisms, location, general look. I've lived here for years and I have never seen this sort of congregation in front of a closed Duane Reade at this hour of people dressed like this. And this is under Covid, and under curfew.

Load Metric

Ive never seen “up” spelled that way before.

Load Metric
    Dress code, mannerisms, location, general look. I've lived here for years and I have never seen this sort of congregation in front of a closed Duane Reade at this hour of people dressed like this. And this is under Covid, and under curfew.
    That's because Duane Reade is usually open 24 hours. Unless they looked like they were from another country or American tourists, your mind is playing tricks on you.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 06-02-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    They fucked up many bodegas in the Bronx. Business owners want the Guard. This would all come to a halt if our worthless Governor and Mayor allowed the Guard to step in.

Load Metric
    Awesome call.

Is IamLloyd your dupe?

Comments

dwai: lol
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    The DJI has gone up significantly every day since you posted this Mr. Kreskin.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information