Page 14 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Conservatives haven't approached this subject because they want the support of police departments, and if they attempt to weaken the police union, they will receive huge pushback. So Republicans don't want to approach it this way.

Democrats haven't approached the subject because it doesn't solve the issue via identity politics. Their narrative has long been that black people are under attack by the police. They would never be okay with the solution simply being non-race-based police reform. It would invalidate their loud rhetoric on the matter for the past 6 years.

I'm presenting what appears to be the best solution, and at the very least, will help reduce police brutality.

Whether either party is willing to have the balls to go there remains to be seen.

I'm on record right now saying I'll support it, even if it's the Democrats ultimately proposing the solution (provided it's not bundled with some other crap which will cause more problems).
    if either party is for radical policing reform, it's the democrats, the party that pushed for nationwide body cameras.

i don't understand how you can think otherwise. this is like me telling you the democrats are the party of gun rights.
    Oh they want radical police reform, but they want sweeping reform with all kinds of anti-police and race-related nonsense thrown in. They wouldn't want a solution which makes it easier to fire problem cops, but stops there.

I agree with the bodycams, btw, and always have.

Load Metric
    Name:  a4d4ac4.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  155.5 KB

Comments

splitthis: Got that shit right

LegalizeMeth: Is that a Deuce McCallister jersey?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Still don't get why these terrorist activities that were perpetuated by the hundreds if not thousands of the black community in Minn are being compared to the what 100-200 maybe, white people that stormed the Michigan courthouse.

This isn't a race issue and I'm not racist for saying that. The city of Minn fucked up the way they handled this though. At the same time, even if he was fired immediately, I still think these riots and looting would have occurred.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    the cops just arrested a cnn reporter and his crew live on tv

its gonna be a long summer

Riots and looting this summer will play in Trump's favor.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I read that a white CNN reporter wasn't arrested who was standing nearby. Hahaha. The irony of the effort going on about CNN being so liberal and biased and not covering this. Then they can't even report on it live because the cops arrest their minority reporters.

You literally can't make this shit up. And then we wonder why they loot? Holy fuck.

DUH

fuckin' DUH

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In the meantime, I just discovered a Target shipment I ordered on May 24 has no tracking number and is stuck on "shipping label created".

It charged me, nothing is coming, and it's impossible to reach a US rep on the phone. Philippines is useless as always.

Never mind, I think I agree with the looters. Local Target store better be ready for me today.

Comments

donkdowndonedied: hell yea!

GrenadaRoger: another Karen-esque story in the pipeline!!

splitthis: Offset mumbles

Load Metric
    In the meantime, I just discovered a Target shipment I ordered on May 24 has no tracking number and is stuck on "shipping label created".

It charged me, nothing is coming, and it's impossible to reach a US rep on the phone. Philippines is useless as always.

Never mind, I think I agree with the looters. Local Target store better be ready for me today.
    Druff go to bed you're delusional right now.

SAD!

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

completely disagree considering the circumstances of why they are rioting.

trump better be awfully careful with not backing team police over team dead black guy.

it's like he is intentionally trying to get out the black vote.

i think we probably both agree that trump can't hold that 80,000 vote advantage if black people turn out in 2020.

he's walking a very fine line here

Load Metric

trump better be awfully careful with not backing team police over team dead black guy.

i think we probably both agree that trump can't hold that 80,000 vote advantage if black people turn out in 2020.

curiously its the exact line russia hoped he would be forced to walk when they backed him in 2016.

Load Metric

Yeah, I’m not sure what Tellafriend’s angle is here. Civil unrest under the status quo spells change. Western civilization’s playbook.

Load Metric
    I’m so happy for this civil unrest because it detracts from the covid unrest.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    We have officially reached the point where there are people calling to round up white people and kill them on twitter (check the responses to J Hills last tweet).

I’m certain if you looked you can find people saying the opposite.

Scary stuff.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    We have officially reached the point where there are people calling to round up white people and kill them on twitter (check the responses to J Hills last tweet).

Scary stuff.
    What political party to you think they’re affiliated with?

Comments

blake: i see what you did there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Scary stuff.
    What political party to you think they’re affiliated with?

I’m not sure why that is important.

Load Metric

If you have any matzoh left over from Passover it could probably cut glass by now.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Yeah, I’m not sure what Tellafriend’s angle is here. Civil unrest under the status quo spells change. Western civilization’s playbook.
    I think it depends. Heavy civil unrest in many cities definitely contributed to Nixon's victory in 1968 but there are so many factors that can't be compared I'm not sure we can say this would do the same.

This probably motivates the black vote but it also probably motivates angry disaffected whites who dislike Trump and might not have voted for him but now think well what the fuck at least he wants to go shoot those people.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I’m not sure whether he’s right or wrong. Trump was bleeding old white seniors. I don’t know that this makes them feel comfortable. It would drive black vote that’s for sure. Biden has multiple paths for victory, but I sure like having seniors in the column I’m cheering for.

Side note, heard your boy Michael Lewis on Simmons yesterday. Laughed at him talking about Trump ignoring all Obama team and his thinking that.”this guys is going to get us killed. I just wasn’t sure how.” I’m sure that quote is off. I’m paraphrasing. Heard he has his own podcast now, you in heaven? Does it deliver?

Thread Information