Page 15 of 124 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Yeah, I’m not sure what Tellafriend’s angle is here. Civil unrest under the status quo spells change. Western civilization’s playbook.

I’m not sure whether he’s right or wrong. Trump was bleeding old white seniors. I don’t know that this makes them feel comfortable. It would drive black vote that’s for sure. Biden has multiple paths for victory, but I sure like having seniors in the column I’m cheering for.

Side note, heard your boy Michael Lewis on Simmons yesterday. Laughed at him talking about Trump ignoring all Obama team and his thinking that.”this guys is going to get us killed. I just wasn’t sure how.” I’m sure that quote is off. I’m paraphrasing. Heard he has how own podcast now, you in heaven? Does it deliver?
    Thanks for the Simmons/Lewis heads up. I really can’t procrastinate on my sports any longer either, I suppose.

I am aware of his podcast. I don’t follow. He can come off as a whiney liberal. Even more annoying is that he is always right.

I think he is an incredible writer and he has lived a life blessed by chance connections and acquaintances. He runs better than anyone I can think of. Example: Blind Side was some black kid who he saw in his high school buddy’s house. Hell, Solomon Brothers and Liars Poker was just a lucky dinner seating next to an employee’s wife. He didn’t even have to interview during a time when it was ultra competitive

Honestly, I didn’t jump on “The Fifth Risk”. Knowing his liberal bent prejudiced my willingness to invest my time. Fast forward and it proved to be a freaky foreshadowing of Trump’s COVID shit show. Precisely why there was no preparation or response was laid out for you.

Comments

BCR: The pod was just a mishmash. I didn’t finish it. No real sports. Just knew you were a fan of his work.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Another cute anecdote from Sonatine, go get some vitamin D fat boy.

Load Metric
    cop arrested*.

* taken to a secure location where he will be released as soon as its safe.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    cop arrested*.

* taken to a secure location where he will be released as soon as its safe.
    Do you agree that even if they arrested him from the get go these terrorizing events would have occured?

Load Metric
    oooOooOOoo charged with third degree murder.

the plot thickens.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

the plot thickens.
    Better late than never I guess. I wonder if the powers that be realize they could have done this days ago and their city might not be on fire.

Platinum
    Load Metric

the plot thickens.
    If you read the Minnesota laws it seems this is most appropriate.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As far as these things go, taking 2 days to make the arrest is probably lightning speed. I am pretty sure these things typically take months/years, even in high profile cases.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

the plot thickens.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
    It’s amazing how prosecutors always overcharge everyone else so they can drop it down to something appropriate later, yet start at the lowest charge for cops and work from there.

Platinum
    Load Metric

It’s amazing how prosecutors always overcharge everyone else so they can drop it down to something appropriate later, yet start at the lowest charge for cops and work from there.
    Knowing cops almost never get convicted even when they are charged, why would prosecutors aim high?

They have no leverage to start high and negotiate down, because everyone knows how hard it is to convict a police officer of anything.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As far as these things go, taking 2 days to make the arrest is probably lightning speed. I am pretty sure these things typically take months/years, even in high profile cases.
    I don’t know man, that video is the most damning I’ve seen. They could have at least took him into custody. Wasn’t too hard to foresee the shit hitting the fan here.

Load Metric

Knowing cops almost never get convicted even when they are charged, why would prosecutors aim high?

They have no leverage to start high and negotiate down, because everyone knows how hard it is to convict a police officer of anything.
    You’re right usually, but this one is distinctly worse than anything I’ve ever seen. Just the combo of non violent crime, no resistance, and that full video is so damning. Even cop cheerleaders are taking a pass. They have lots of leverage.

Didn’t mean to essentially make a double post of nightmare. Hadn’t seen his

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    I don’t know man, that video is the most damning I’ve seen. They could have at least took him into custody. Wasn’t too hard to foresee the shit hitting the fan here.
    Are you familiar with the Daniel Shavers case or the Philandro Castile case.

You could say the exact same thing, and in both cases took months/years before charges brought, and ultimately acquittals. In the Shavers case the guy was lying on the ground begging for his life and the officer still executed him.

Of course neither of these cases had the white cop/black victim narrative the media loves, so the attention was lower.

Load Metric
    i think it would be tough to make the case that the cops *intended* to kill him so third degree murder might be the most they could realistically be charged with

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i think it would be tough to make the case that the cops *intended* to kill him so third degree murder might be the most they could realistically be charged with
    When did that ever stop a prosecutor?

Every time I look at someone charges I’ll say.” you did this, but this doesn’t even make sense.” It usually lands the right place. I think the people on the streets think he intended to kill him. What are you intending still kneeling on someone’s neck for minutes after he’s unresponsive? Better to overcharge and deal later after they fake up a tox report and sprinkle some pcp in

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wasn’t he unresponsive for the last couple minutes after telling them he couldn’t breathe and he thought he was gonna die? I’m one of the most pro cop guys you’ll find (my brother is a cop and I’m ex military) but this douchebag is indefensible. Talked to my brother a couple nights ago and he thinks all the cops need to go to prison, his co- workers have the same opinion. He seemed just as pissed off at the other officers that stood around and let it happen. This kind of shit puts good cops like my brother in further danger.

Comments

big dick: yep. Fucking bullshit what these guys did

Load Metric

Every time I look at someone charges I’ll say.” you did this, but this doesn’t even make sense.” It usually lands the right place. I think the people on the streets think he intended to kill him. What are you intending still kneeling on someone’s neck for minutes after he’s unresponsive? Better to overcharge and deal later after they fake up a tox report and sprinkle some pcp in
    I know Druffster goes on about unions and liberal Facebook groups as the reason bad cops are allowed to ripen.

I know you know but...

Just remember, that prosecutors work daily with the po-lice on cases, evidence and whatnot. They are partners. They NEED to work together. Throwing a cop in prison to get gang raped and perhaps killed just isn’t good for businesss.

Prosecutors typically are soft on cops. They are in a tough place and chose the law cause they lacked other marketable skills.

Games the game. Except... riots provide good cover. Now a prosecutor is all “what can I do? Gotta indict.”

Comments

big dick: druffs a scab

Load Metric

to be honest, i didn't know the part about kneeling on his neck for minutes after he was unresponsive. i thought he was complaining the whole time. i can't watch these videos. too gruesome.

those facts certainly make intentional murder more reasonable of a charge.

Load Metric

to be honest, i didn't know the part about kneeling on his neck for minutes after he was unresponsive. i thought he was complaining the whole time. i can't watch these videos. too gruesome.

and by complaining you mean crying out for his mother as he felt his life come to a slow, horrible end, btw.

Comments

blake: these are the facts i'd rather not know.

1marley1: to his mama, who’s been dead for 2 years to the day...

Load Metric

and by complaining you mean crying out for his mother as he felt his life come to a slow, horrible end, btw.
    First thing I agree with that you've said, look you can look at my history with posting about these police things/drk star, I'm never on the cops side, this was one of the most brutal things I've watched, I really hate this man's face, I hope he gets sent to prison and he'll get taken care of in there, even in protective custody, which he'll be placed in, he'll get his eventually

Comments

Sanlmar: Thank you for your service.

Thread Information