Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

The warrant was to seize the guns so i certainly know what it was for. And again, why weren't' arrest warrants issued if crimes were committed? You are just taking the liberal line and towing it.
    Maybe crimes are still under investigation. Maybe the charges are not serious enough to warrant arrest. Maybe no crime was committed. I don't know, and neither do you. You're jumping to conclusions without having the facts at hand.

Believe what you like.

Load Metric

Maybe crimes are still under investigation. Maybe the charges are not serious enough to warrant arrest. Maybe no crime was committed. I don't know, and neither do you. You're jumping to conclusions without having the facts at hand.

Believe what you like.
    Might be in front of a grand jury?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

but that's what you guys do all the time
    I have concluded nothing. I am a fan of letting the process play out. Republicans are big fans of obstructing the process.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Or abusing it for politically-motivated persecution #BenghaziHoax

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Believe what you like.

They don't need the actdual weapons for that. There are videos of them brandishing them everywhere. In fact, they suspects are doing interviews. The warrant was a political stunt, nothing more.

Load Metric

They don't need the actdual weapons for that. There are videos of them brandishing them everywhere. In fact, they suspects are doing interviews. The warrant was a political stunt, nothing more.
    Maybe just interested in avoiding a shoot out if they end up indicted.

Also the lady said her gun wasn't even operable. Maybe they just want to have the guns as evidence.

Load Metric

Also the lady said her gun wasn't even operable. Maybe they just want to have the guns as evidence.
    1. You can’t issue a warrant for that. He’s got 2nd amend rights.
    2. As I said, this was utterly unnecessary Beyond currying favor w her voting base.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Druff serious question here where do you find these twitter videos?

-stuff trending on twitter?
    -facebook group?
    -another forum?

-Republican website?

where?
    Various places. Just whenever I see something I feel is worth sharing here, I do so.

Load Metric

2. As I said, this was utterly unnecessary Beyond currying favor w her voting base.
    Amazing how you "know" this.

Load Metric

No, it’s just common sense.

Load Metric

I guess they should have run it by you first.

It should be common sense not to kneel on a guy's neck until he suffocates to death too, but apparently it's not. These rich white people at least got the courtesy of due process.

Load Metric

It should be common sense not to kneel on a guy's neck until he suffocates to death too, but apparently it's not. These rich white people at least got the courtesy of due process.

One has nothing to do with the other and you know that.

Load Metric

Not directly. But different groups of people are treated way differently by the police.

Load Metric

Not directly. But different groups of people are treated way differently by the police.
    because different groups of people commit more violent than the others and commit nearly 50% of all murders, and account for almost all officer kills

Comments

MumblesBadly: What fucking crimes did Philando Castile commit that justifies being pulled over for alleged traffic violations over 40 times in the two years while driving to and from work through white-dominated suburban areas in the two years prior to his murder?

Load Metric

because different groups of people commit more violent than the others and commit nearly 50% of all murders, and account for almost all officer kills
    Individuals must be approached as individuals. It's neither moral nor constitutional to treat an individual in a police interaction differently based on assumptions about how they will behave based on race.

Load Metric
    Individuals must be approached as individuals. It's neither moral nor constitutional to treat an individual in a police interaction differently based on assumptions about how they will behave based on race.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200717-154213_Chrome.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  621.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I agree with you in theory. However, this is very hard to legislate. People are human and get to notice patterns. If police notice that a certain group of people tend to actually be committing more violent crime, they will approach that group with more suspicion. That's the way the human brain works. It's impossible to override that.

Now, that's no excuse for outwardly treating people unfairly. I agree that, regardless of their suspicions based upon demographic, they need to treat everyone with respect. However, some of the buy-in to fixing this has to come from the community where the much higher crime rate is occurring.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll give you a good example unrelated to policing or race.

When I call customer service numbers, if the person answering the phone sounds over 60, my mind immediately goes to, "Oh no, I bet this person isn't going to be sharp, and is going to be very confused regarding my request."

I hate thinking that way, and in fact I remind myself that my parents are in their mid-late 70s, and both are very sharp. I quickly remind myself, "Just because that person is older, doesn't mean they aren't competent and good at their job."

I force myself to put aside my ageist assumptions, and go into the call with an optimistic attitude.

Yet indeed, more than half the time, I end up getting exactly what I suspected in the first place. It's rare that one of these older customer service employees shocks me and proves to be very competent.

This isn't because I look down on older people at all. In fact, I respect them in general, and I'm aware that many of them are still very capable. However, my mind goes there because of my actual prior experience, and that's impossible to prevent.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Moved the airport beating of the white couple to this thread: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...friendly-skies

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyway, it's just mind-boggling to me that there's a serious movement right now to reduce policing, replace it with social work, and somehow that's going to lower crime rates. How many people proposing this has actually talked with violent criminals and learned what makes them tick? Do they not realize that the "social work" law enforcement plan was already tried from the '60s through early '90s, and it failed miserably?
    What the hell are you talking about here??? The modern social work model that is being advocated to be adopted at this juncture in a “defend the police” initiative wasn’t even implemented in a large US city for the first time as part of a “defund the police” initiative until about seven years ago in Camden, New Jersey. And that has been a resounding success.

Also, you continue to misapply the “community policing” label to the aggressive policing tactics that New York City applied in the 1990s. The correct term is “broken windows policy”, with a heavy dose of unconstitutional minority-targeted stop-and-frisk added into the mix.

Comments

dwai: blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah b blah blah blah blah
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis:

Thread Information