Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    But like I said before, it is fine. We will just call it reparations and move on.

Don't kid yourself, this won't be enough; nothing will.

Comments

splitthis: Correct

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    But like I said before, it is fine. We will just call it reparations and move on.

COMPLETE SUBJUGATION.

This is such a money grab. The government gave us money to sit home and some are volunteering to give that money back to these organizations, and others are being forced to. All these Black "organizations" are funding Democrats. It's like the Dem's wanted to pass these stimulus payments only to line their pockets or their own Presidential aspirations.

Gov't should just have just cut out the middle man and gave it straight to them.

Load Metric

Correct. It's like Global Warming, there are people that actually want to ban gasoline. Honestly, outside the super elite who have lost touch with reality, I can't envision anyone making over $100,000 ever voting Democrat. I truly think Trump will surge at the end, despite his flaws anyone who is not poor will say I am not voting for AOC which really is who is on the ballot. Biden is a prop at this point.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I make over $100K and I vote for Democrats

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Correct. It's like Global Warming, there are people that actually want to ban gasoline. Honestly, outside the super elite who have lost touch with reality, I can't envision anyone making over $100,000 ever voting Democrat. I truly think Trump will surge at the end, despite his flaws anyone who is not poor will say I am not voting for AOC which really is who is on the ballot. Biden is a prop at this point.
    the equity market is everything rn. If it were to spectacularly correct from today’s levels by say Q4, then I give Biden 85% chance of winning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

the equity market is everything rn. If it were to spectacularly correct from today’s levels by say Q4, then I give Biden 85% chance of winning.
    If the DOW is pushing 30,000 Trump walks with a win. The BLM protesters don't vote and if they did they would not vote for Trump anyway. My guess is the virus came a little too early for the Dems. If it had happened in October Trump would be toast. But it's June, and Biden by all accounts is struggling to stay upright without assistance. This is akin to betting on the Washington Nationals last year in June, look it up.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

If the DOW is pushing 30,000 Trump walks with a win. The BLM protesters don't vote and if they did they would not vote for Trump anyway. My guess is the virus came a little too early for the Dems. If it had happened in October Trump would be toast. But it's June, and Biden by all accounts is struggling to stay upright without assistance. This is akin to betting on the Washington Nationals last year in June, look it up.
    Trump is running against himself. He is his own worst enemy.

I can't envision anyone making over $100,000 ever voting Democrat.
    The easiest example would be Silicon Valley. Liberal millionaires. Boston, NYC. I provide a service to one of the wealthiest zip codes in America. They bust me about recycling. We sell cardboard boxed water in our vending machines.

I think you forget how Trump won. The whole populist thing? Remember? It was the disenfranchised middle class who bought the dream of making America great again. It’s definitely better now. Success.

USA, Divided Based on Income of Greater Than or Less Than $100K
    Name:  F0A0EA7B-32D6-4E9E-B355-A9A933BEC0EA.png
Views: 378
Size:  19.3 KB

You are fun though, tgull. You and Druff make a great team.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: Got that shit right

Load Metric
    Never considered the possibility of a cop backlash. Angry white cops who feel they are unfairly vilified. Some twitter. John Cougar Mellencamp writes a song like he did for the farmers.

CopAid.

Summer of 2020 gonna be fun.

Load Metric
    While we are on the cop subject ....

Druff sees the police problem as simple as a union problem.

If you want to focus on the manner of their employment I would propose that their defined-pension package is a big part of the attitude problem in police departments. 20-25 years and out on a guaranteed retirement pkg.

It’s a golden handcuff for the cop. He’s stuck with one employer. Easy criminal justice degree at community college then a job with some action. The novelty wears off. You want a change. All you get back is your contribution to the fund. You’re screwed.

The zombie cop doin time.

Not to mention his pension is probably underfunded exactly now and Trump isn’t inclined to bail out anyone except corporate. He has sworn off municipalities. I can see that being the correct play. You can’t be feeling great if you’re a cop about now.

The militant white cop backlash. This is a notion I didn’t have 5 minutes ago. Thx PFA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Really, do you think if Walmart catches someone stealing they won't call the police? They've got cameras and all kinds of security. They're very aggressive about what the industry calls "loss prevention."

This was a PR move they already calculated would be +EV overall.

LOL suddenly black people are going to be allowed to steal, what planet are you living on?
    I hate to tell you buddy, but this goes on all the time. My brother owns a shopping center with a Wal-Mart, Target, HomeDepot, etc. Gangs come in, grab shit and dash to the waiting car. The cops take a report and don’t do shit.
    Fuuuuuuuuck! I don’t have any sympathy for WalMart! Those bastards have been cheating me at the register for various produce items for at least a year now almost every time I shop there. Must have cost me about $20 dollars in overcharges during that time!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

If you want to focus on the manner of their employment I would propose that their defined-pension package is a big part of the attitude problem in police departments. 20-25 years and out on a guaranteed retirement pkg.

It’s a golden handcuff for the cop. He’s stuck with one employer. Easy criminal justice degree at community college then a job with some action. The novelty wears off. You want a change. All you get back is your contribution to the fund. You’re screwed.

Not to mention his pension is probably underfunded exactly now and Trump isn’t inclined to bail out anyone except corporate. He has sworn off municipalities. I can see that being the correct play. You can’t be feeling great if you’re a cop about now.

The militant white cop backlash. This is a notion I didn’t have 5 minutes ago. Thx PFA
    Not even sure what you're trying to say here, but if you're trying to advocate for police pension reform, I'm with you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, San, the people who make over $100k who vote Democrat tend to be the guilty limousine liberal types. This is very common in Silicon Valley.

They enjoy having nice things and living better than most other people, but they also feel guilty about it. They alleviate that guilt by voting Democrat and voicing support of woke causes.

It's why so many top poker pros are on the left, and the same story exists for Hollywood celebrities.

The easier the money, the more likely people will feel guilty about having it, and will look for the easiest and most painless way to alleviate that guilt.

It's the first cousin of the concept of slacktivism, which has become huge in the age of social media.

Load Metric

Not even sure what you're trying to say here, but if you're trying to advocate for police pension reform, I'm with you.
    These guys can have a union funded pension. Allow them some ability to switch police jobs. Change of scenery.

Tech has shone a light on the behavior that has always existed. Just be honest with the public that police technical surveillance will increase with every tick of the clock. Once 5G rolls out every move will be monitored and reviewed.

You will prolly have to pay them more cause the constant surveillance is gonna suck. But that’s pretty much all employment going forward.

Defined municipal pensions trap them to that one location and job. Cops doin time isn’t a healthy thing

Load Metric
    Also, San, the people who make over $100k who vote Democrat tend to be the guilty limousine liberal types. This is very common in Silicon Valley.

They enjoy having nice things and living better than most other people, but they also feel guilty about it. They alleviate that guilt by voting Democrat and voicing support of woke causes.

It's why so many top poker pros are on the left, and the same story exists for Hollywood celebrities.

The easier the money, the more likely people will feel guilty about having it, and will look for the easiest and most painless way to alleviate that guilt.

It's the first cousin of the concept of slacktivism, which has become huge in the age of social media.
    I’m not entirely sure. But yes, they are very grateful and recognize the element of chance in their circumstance. They coulda been the kid growing up in the slums of Mumbai just as easily

But there is a level of wealth where money doesn’t matter. It comes easy. They are generous. It’s not guilt. Not everyone is a dick. Some people are nice. They have parents and children (and domestic help).

We may have made a fatal flaw with how we dealt with the pandemic and shutdown. That being our customers may have carried us. There was a similar business in California of all places that accepted their customers money to carry employees and keep the lights on (long before PPP).

When we go bankrupt I will tell the story in more detail.

We organize a lot of charity events and the locals are always generous. The town is lenient with permits and inspections in return.

Christmas time we hang stars on the tree with underprivileged kids names - you take the star and buy a gift. I swear people get pissed when we run out of names.

These people are demanding and annoying politically but I don’t see it as guilt in my first hand experience.

We aren’t that wealthy so we are fiscally conservative. How’d that work out? Bernie Sanders won. We will never take our country’s budget seriously again. Every single problem that comes our way from now on will be quickly drowned in cash. Behaviors have changed.

Conservatives are the new Luddites.

Comments

OSA: Nothing for Hanukkah? For shame.

Sheesfaced: Not everyone is a dick rep

Load Metric
    But we aren’t talking about guilty rich liberals.

We are talking about disaffected underemployed angry MAGA types that voted for Trump before. And conservatives that hated Hillary like me.

Is America Great Now? How’d that work out? We are infinitely worse off than 2016

Trump has surpassed any lunacy I may have imagined. He lacks any interest in leading our nation collectively. He is devisive and the results are in the streets. The level of Bannon’s desire to deconstruct every social achievement exceeded anything I imagined too.

Hillary is gone. Trump failed. We move on.

Comments

Sheesfaced:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-12-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Load Metric
    coge

anyone who feels compelled to argue with the facts at bar is either mentally ill or triggered because a centerist/leftist is enumerating them.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    cops just shot some black guy in the back at a wendys in atlanta.

not a lot of details so maybe there's more to it than that but..

Comments

OSA: good. was prolly trying to rob it

ErickAA: According to the police they pulled the guy over for DUI, and he started tasing the police with their own taser
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But we aren’t talking about guilty rich liberals.

We are talking about disaffected underemployed angry MAGA types that voted for Trump before. And conservatives that hated Hillary like me.

Is America Great Now? How’d that work out? We are infinitely worse off than 2016

Trump has surpassed any lunacy I may have imagined. He lacks any interest in leading our nation collectively. He is devisive and the results are in the streets. The level of Bannon’s desire to deconstruct every social achievement exceeded anything I imagined too.

Hillary is gone. Trump failed. We move on.
    Before the coronavirus, the economy was doing so well that it was actually at historical highs. I know it's been a long past 4 months, but don't pretend you don't remember that.

Also don't pretend you think that the country would be doing fine if a Democrat won in 2016 -- even one who wasn't Hillary.

We got to see what happens when Democrats lead. You get laws requiring nursing homes to take COVID-positive patients, and then attempts to cover up the (super predictable) death and despair which followed.

I know we disagreed in the past regarding the free market, where you were actually more conservative in that manner than I was (the light regulation versus no regulation debate). But at least I got where you were coming from.

Populist Sanlmar is very disappointing. Please go back to extolling the virtues of the free market and hating Los Angeles sports. Please, I beg you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I’m not entirely sure. But yes, they are very grateful and recognize the element of chance in their circumstance. They coulda been the kid growing up in the slums of Mumbai just as easily

But there is a level of wealth where money doesn’t matter. It comes easy. They are generous. It’s not guilt. Not everyone is a dick. Some people are nice. They have parents and children (and domestic help).

We may have made a fatal flaw with how we dealt with the pandemic and shutdown. That being our customers may have carried us. There was a similar business in California of all places that accepted their customers money to carry employees and keep the lights on (long before PPP).

When we go bankrupt I will tell the story in more detail.

We organize a lot of charity events and the locals are always generous. The town is lenient with permits and inspections in return.

Christmas time we hang stars on the tree with underprivileged kids names - you take the star and buy a gift. I swear people get pissed when we run out of names.

These people are demanding and annoying politically but I don’t see it as guilt in my first hand experience.

We aren’t that wealthy so we are fiscally conservative. How’d that work out? Bernie Sanders won. We will never take our country’s budget seriously again. Every single problem that comes our way from now on will be quickly drowned in cash. Behaviors have changed.

Conservatives are the new Luddites.
    I will forgive you for this post, though.

I believe you're a lifelong east coast guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, as I only have bits and pieces of the Sanlmar life story.

It really is guilt. Trust me. I grew up in the Los Angeles area and got to see it firsthand. Hollywood leftism has long been about lazy guilt. It's about saying the right things and supporting the right causes, while still being arrogant, elitist, and spoiled. It's about feeling like you're a good person for being on the empathetic side of most social issues, while expending minimal effort for those causes (aside from occasionally writing a check).

It's similar to tipping culture. Many people tip big to make themselves feel good, not to actually help. They'll leave a 40% tip to their prime steakhouse server (who is already doing very well for someone working an unskilled job), but won't think of flipping a few bucks to the janitor they pass sweeping the floor. Why? Because the goal is to make themselves feel generous, not to really help unskilled workers who actually need the money.

The rich people most likely to be on the left are the ones who earn their money with the least amount of work. This is also often true about trust fund kids or those who inherited big.

The converse of this phenomenon are the working poor in small towns who vote Republican. Many on the left confuse these people for being dumb white trash who were tricked by their church into voting for the GOP. In reality, most of these people feel they've struggled and worked very hard for what little they have, so they resent any kind of government handouts -- even ones which will benefit them. In 2016, these people especially resented the aforementioned limousine liberal Hollywood types telling them how "privileged" they were for having white skin. They looked at their tough lives and saw no such privilege.

The woke left is rife with hypocrisy. The rich white people praising the rioters and looters as "freedom fighters" would be the first to call police and demand help if rioters showed up on their block. The ones stating that black people are only arrested more often because of racism, and not because they commit more crime, would also never be caught dead in a black neighborhood after dark.

The whole thing is a disgusting display of virtue signaling and self-back-patting, and all of these hypocrites are no better than the closet homo hard-right Christian who auto-votes "NO" on any gay rights bill.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Thread Information