Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Minneapolis police release 911 call that led to encounter with George Floyd

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/28/u...lls/index.html

It started with a routine police call reporting someone using a counterfeit bill at a store in Minneapolis.

What followed was a series of events that ended with George Floyd, 46, dead after a white police officer used his knee to pin him down in an incident captured on video. Floyd, who is black, died Monday night after he was arrested for the alleged forgery.

On Thursday night, Minneapolis police released a transcript of the 911 call that led to his arrest and death, which has sparked outrage nationwide as protesters demand justice.

Here's the full transcript:

Operator: 911 what's the address of the emergency?

Caller: This is ah 3759 Chicago Ave.

Operator: How can I help you?

Caller: Um someone comes our store and give us fake bills and we realize it before he left the store, and we ran back outside, they was sitting on their car. We tell them to give us their phone, put their (inaudible) thing back and everything and he was also drunk and everything and return to give us our cigarettes back and so he can, so he can go home but he doesn't want to do that, and he's sitting on his car cause he is awfully drunk and he's not in control of himself.

Operator: Okay, what type of vehicle does he have?

Caller: And .... um he's got a vehicle that is ah ... one second let me see if I can see the license. The driver license is BRJ026.

Operator: Okay, what color is it?

Caller: It's a blue color. It's a blue van.

Operator: Blue van?

Caller: Yes, van.

Operator: Alright blue van, gotcha. Is it out front or is it on 38th St.?

Caller: Ah it's on 38th St.

Operator: On 38th St. So, this guy gave a counterfeit bill, has your cigarettes, and he's under the influence of something?

Caller: Something like that, yes. He is not acting right.

Operator: What's he look like, what race?

Caller: Um, he's a tall guy. He's like tall and bald, about like 6 ... 6 1/2, and she's not acting right so and she started to go, drive the car.

Operator: Okay so, female or a male?

Caller: Um...

Operator: Is it a girl or a boy?

Caller: (Talking to somebody else) — he's asking (inaudible) one second. Hello?

Operator: Is it a girl or a boy that did this?

Caller: It is a man.

Operator: Okay. Is he white, black, Native, Hispanic, Asian?

Caller: Something like that.

Operator: Which one? White, black, Native, Hispanic, Asian?

Caller: No, he's a black guy.

Operator: Alright (sigh).

Caller: How is your day going?

Operator: Not too bad.

Caller: Had a long day, huh?

Operator: What's your name?

Caller: My name is (deleted)

Operator: Alright, a phone number for you?

Caller: (Deleted)

Operator: Alright, I've got help on the way. If that vehicle or that person leaves before we get there, just give us a call back, otherwise we'll have squads out there shortly, okay?

Caller: No problem.

Operator: Thank you.
    As you can see, the use of force is 100% justified.

However next time, instead of choking him to death, the police officer should just shoot him in the head.

Now burn the city of Minneapolis to the ground.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Your reading comprehension is terrible, too.

I presented the Michael McDonald pro-riot tweet because:

1) My debate with him and some of his followers on Twitter was already mentioned earlier in this thread.

2) McDonald himself said that he was shocked that he got such overwhelmingly positive response to his pro-riot tweet, to the point where he joked that perhaps he wasn't being controversial enough.

3) McDonald is not even a extreme leftist. His brand of thought is common among a lot of Democrats today, which is why the response he got to being pro-riots was so overwhelmingly positive.

So I presented you REAL EVIDENCE of how I wasn't arguing with a strawman, and that many people have positive views about the riots. Rather than admitting you were wrong, you claimed that I just "fished out" a pro-riot tweet from a well-followed poker figure which just happened to have tons of pro-riot responses.

All a strawman, though, right?

Learn some critical thinking skills, bro.
    So you're citing a twitter comment from a poker player as evidence that being pro-riot is not an extreme position?

That's the point you're engaging with?

Checkmate, you got me.
    No, genius.

I'm citing a tweet by a well-known poker player with almost 50k followers, and isn't known for his extreme left politics.

Therefore, it's a fair assumption that his 50k followers would represent a wide array of Americans (mostly people who have a recreational interest in poker), and thus the responses we'd see to his tweet would be fairly representative of the mainstream.

He was sure he was going to get roundly attacked by his pro-riot tweet, but instead got mostly positive responses, prompting him to remark that he was shocked by how many others agreed with his pro-riot views.

What case are you trying to make here? That Mike McDonald's 50,000 followers are almost all fringe leftists who don't speak for today's mainstream Democrat? Or perhaps there's now a ton of idiots on the left who support this shit, and McDonald's wide group of followers being so pro-riot proves that?

How about just admitting that you're wrong, and that there ARE indeed a lot of people on the left who think the rioting and looting is justified and good.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    attention white people. this is the multi cultural center and there's too many of you fuckers in here

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    It should be a good night in Minneapolis.

They are now burning down a police station.

500 National Guard being deployed across the city.

They should arrive after everything burns down.

Load Metric
    Name:  0975b5a4d5164b5048b97a4ad2564cb9.png
Views: 358
Size:  539.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    maybe if they burn minny to the ground the authorities will break out the automatic weapons and start shooting peeps.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So your issue is I got the age wrong about a woman in a wheelchair who appears to be elderly until you look really closely? Ooooooooookay. Talk about missing the point.

Understanding "why" something happens doesn't mean you defend it or let the perpetrators get away with it.

At least you are getting the second part right. They are greedy worthless fucks who are trying to get free shit. However, it's not a "reaction". It's an opportunity for scumbag criminals to steal with no consequence. There was no social justice message to looting Target. The message was, "Oh sweet! I can steal and nobody will stop me!"

You can also be angry at more than one person or entity at a time. You can be angry at the cops for what they did, and also angry at the rioters and scumbag looters who are exploiting the situation to steal and destroy things without consequence.

Instead, I'm seeing a lot of nonsense talk about how this is a reasonable reaction, and that this type of shit is needed to cause a revolution which will supposedly change things, or whatever.
    I didn't miss any point. The point is you just pulled this whole elderly episode out of your ass. Why? That woman was about as deranged as the looters. Maybe moreso. You lack the ability to see things from other perspective. Now, I am not going to defend this perspective, but in this situation the people trying to get around her and get about their looting are FAR MORE RATIONAL than her stupid lunatic ass.

She's probably the only Trump voter within blocks. Can we agree on that?

Ok, it isn't a reaction to anything. You're right. You have people very well figured out Dan Druff you. Telling those damn liberals whats up!

So what is the proper move by the black communitywhen nothing changes?

Cops who get fired. Lol. Thats a joke. They just get rehired elsewhere and something like 40% get rehired on appeal. It perpetuates these bad cops.

Load Metric
    i see that a few people have already posted about it in this thread, but they seriously burned down a police station.

what the fuck

Load Metric
    Minnesota should def import more Somalis

Comments

blake: finally, a sensible take

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    So your issue is I got the age wrong about a woman in a wheelchair who appears to be elderly until you look really closely? Ooooooooookay. Talk about missing the point.

Understanding "why" something happens doesn't mean you defend it or let the perpetrators get away with it.

At least you are getting the second part right. They are greedy worthless fucks who are trying to get free shit. However, it's not a "reaction". It's an opportunity for scumbag criminals to steal with no consequence. There was no social justice message to looting Target. The message was, "Oh sweet! I can steal and nobody will stop me!"

You can also be angry at more than one person or entity at a time. You can be angry at the cops for what they did, and also angry at the rioters and scumbag looters who are exploiting the situation to steal and destroy things without consequence.

Instead, I'm seeing a lot of nonsense talk about how this is a reasonable reaction, and that this type of shit is needed to cause a revolution which will supposedly change things, or whatever.
    I didn't miss any point. The point is you just pulled this whole elderly episode out of your ass. Why? That woman was about as deranged as the looters. Maybe moreso. You lack the ability to see things from other perspective. Now, I am not going to defend this perspective, but in this situation the people trying to get around her and get about their looting are FAR MORE RATIONAL than her stupid lunatic ass.

She's probably the only Trump voter within blocks. Can we agree on that?

Ok, it isn't a reaction to anything. You're right. You have people very well figured out Dan Druff you. Telling those damn liberals whats up!

So what is the proper move by the black communitywhen nothing changes?

Cops who get fired. Lol. Thats a joke. They just get rehired elsewhere and something like 40% get rehired on appeal. It perpetuates these bad cops.
    I would be fine with some agreement to have a national registry of problem cops who can't get hired in law enforcement for any reason.

Most Americans would be fine with something like this. Very few people like corrupt or abusive cops.

That's the direction we need to go. Every time one of these things happens, we see that the cop in question had a terrible history and should have been kicked out of law enforcement ages ago.

Load Metric
    At least they stopped looting Target.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

So you're citing a twitter comment from a poker player as evidence that being pro-riot is not an extreme position?

That's the point you're engaging with?

Checkmate, you got me.
    No, genius.

I'm citing a tweet by a well-known poker player with almost 50k followers, and isn't known for his extreme left politics.

Therefore, it's a fair assumption that his 50k followers would represent a wide array of Americans (mostly people who have a recreational interest in poker), and thus the responses we'd see to his tweet would be fairly representative of the mainstream.

He was sure he was going to get roundly attacked by his pro-riot tweet, but instead got mostly positive responses, prompting him to remark that he was shocked by how many others agreed with his pro-riot views.

What case are you trying to make here? That Mike McDonald's 50,000 followers are almost all fringe leftists who don't speak for today's mainstream Democrat? Or perhaps there's now a ton of idiots on the left who support this shit, and McDonald's wide group of followers being so pro-riot proves that?

How about just admitting that you're wrong, and that there ARE indeed a lot of people on the left who think the rioting and looting is justified and good.
    112 responses and 12 RT's, porky. If that's your count of 'a lot', you got me. Well done.

Yes, there are people who are pro-riot. Most of those people are left leaning. The vast majority of all Americans condemn them. Suggesting otherwise is intellectually dishonest, which you know.

Yes, there are leftists who take the opposite side of your trigger issues. It may even be a majority when it comes to the trans athlete debate. I have said it's a non-issue to me but I am ultimately against. I don't pretend to care much about women's sports, save a world cup here and there. Republicans don't give a shit about women's sports either; it's a media narrative to fire up people like yourself. This is obvious.

No one on this board cares, except maybe dwai. That's my point.

You resorted to virtue signaling on Twitter to get people to talk to you about this. Few did. This does not make it a mainstream position.

Are you satisfied?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

can you dig it............

Load Metric

It definitely isn’t a fair assumption that Twitter users are fairly representative of the mainstream.

Twitter users skew younger and more liberal.

Twitter may be fun but Ike Haxton’s Twitter followers are representative of next to nothing in my world.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

There’s definitely a breakdown in social distancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Btw hearing the ultra lib retard posters you have that live in Russia talking about racist America jesus this shit would have been swept under the rug in two seconds there and in China just shut the fuck up

Load Metric
    WHEN THE LOOTING STARTS, THE SHOOTING STARTS. - 45th President

Load Metric
    Also skatz at Russia being some paradise for black people which one of ur idiots posts from there like it's some utopia for poc

Thread Information