Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have a Facebook friend I knew from temple in the '80s. He came out as gay in the 1990s, and is a moderate liberal. He hates Trump and rarely agrees with Republicans.

Today he posted this on Facebook:

I just got harassed by protestors in downtown LA. I am sympathetic to the general cause, but this is outrageous. I was surrounded by many people and they threw things at my car. This video is a small portion. People were rude and mean. I did not feel that I was in danger, but they were surrounding my car so that I would injure them if I tried to get away. Also, most of the protestors were white and appeared to be educated/middle class, etc - i.e., not the people who are really being hurt by systemic racism.

Then, they saw my British Columbia license plate and yelled anti-Canadian slurs at me (I'm not Canadian and my car is actually registered in California, but I keep the BC plates because its fun..) Moreover, bigotry is not the response to bigotry.

After I finally got away (by backing up and turning around), I saw some police looking from a bridge above. I confronted them and asked why they are watching and doing nothing. They said they were told by Mayor Garcetti not to intervene. Irresponsible! If I had been physically assaulted, would the police just stand by?

Again, i agree with the general cause, but not with these tactics. These people are equally deplorable as Donald Trump

"Peaceful" protests, y'all.
    i wonder if he was punched in the face and they broke his nose if he would still be fightn' for the cause...if not..how much damage and physical violence would he need to happen to him before he bailed?...a broken bone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    fuck off you fat racist loaf
    you're not funny nor interesting just fat

Load Metric
    I have a Facebook friend I knew from temple in the '80s. He came out as gay in the 1990s, and is a moderate liberal. He hates Trump and rarely agrees with Republicans.

I just got harassed by protestors in downtown LA. I am sympathetic to the general cause, but this is outrageous. I was surrounded by many people and they threw things at my car. This video is a small portion. People were rude and mean. I did not feel that I was in danger, but they were surrounding my car so that I would injure them if I tried to get away. Also, most of the protestors were white and appeared to be educated/middle class, etc - i.e., not the people who are really being hurt by systemic racism.

Then, they saw my British Columbia license plate and yelled anti-Canadian slurs at me (I'm not Canadian and my car is actually registered in California, but I keep the BC plates because its fun..) Moreover, bigotry is not the response to bigotry.

After I finally got away (by backing up and turning around), I saw some police looking from a bridge above. I confronted them and asked why they are watching and doing nothing. They said they were told by Mayor Garcetti not to intervene. Irresponsible! If I had been physically assaulted, would the police just stand by?

Again, i agree with the general cause, but not with these tactics. These people are equally deplorable as Donald Trump

Those people are deplorable but again, the vast majority of the protesters are peaceful. You are being dishonest by pointing out those who are violent and saying that represents the majority of the protesters. It's as dishonest as saying all cops are racist and violent, when in fact most cops are good people.

Apart from Canuck, what other anti-Canadian slurs are there?

Comments

gimmick: snow n-word
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 07-22-2020 at 10:58 PM.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: i'm expecting the riots any moment

TheXFactor: ASSCLOWN!!!

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: It’s all a fucking joke

TheXFactor: Do ASSCLOWN lives matter?

Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: i'm sure their dads are disappointed in them

splitthis: What dads, dey ain’t der

some user: you are a dumbass racist.

TheXFactor: Filthy ASSCLOWN!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Serious question for those on the left:

You do realize that unjustified killings by police make up a TINY percentage of murders of black people, right?

So let's focus now on the much more important issue facing black Americans -- the horribly high rate of violence in black neighborhoods, resulting in many deaths of black people (including children). No other first world country in the world has anything like this going on.

Will you agree that the street violence is the real reason so many black people are dying young in the US this year?

And if you agree, what should we do about it? Before you say "social programs", these have been tried for 50+ years and failed. I'd like to hear your solutions. Why are there are no marches or protests about this situation?

Comments

splitthis: Quit funding low rent n-word having keeeeds

MumblesBadly: The War on Drugs feeds that violence, Druff. Just like alcohol Prohibition did in Chicago in the 1920s and early ‘30s.

Banned
    Load Metric

You do realize that unjustified killings by police make up a TINY percentage of murders of black people, right?

So let's focus now on the much more important issue facing black Americans -- the horribly high rate of violence in black neighborhoods, resulting in many deaths of black people (including children). No other first world country in the world has anything like this going on.

Will you agree that the street violence is the real reason so many black people are dying young in the US this year?

And if you agree, what should we do about it? Before you say "social programs", these have been tried for 50+ years and failed. I'd like to hear your solutions. Why are there are no marches or protests about this situation?

Won't let anyone disrespect our flag or our national anthem.

If you need a fucking gloss over nerdloo the Aztec archer, John lasagna, is a fucking legend

also nerdloo where are we

Comments

Bootsy Collins: John Lasagna is a fucking beast!!!!

Load Metric

And you don’t want to hear solutions from the left, or anyone other than from rightwingers pushing for greater leeway for police to put their jackboots on the necks of the underprivileged who are economically trapped in places where there are few ways to legitimately climb out of poverty, and decades of racist-driven policies and practices that discourage them to be able to afford to move out of or improve their communities.

Name:  F8274360-D06F-47FF-A994-1A987356E4A5.png
Views: 263
Size:  443.6 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Those people are deplorable but again, the vast majority of the protesters are peaceful. You are being dishonest by pointing out those who are violent and saying that represents the majority of the protesters. It's as dishonest as saying all cops are racist and violent, when in fact most cops are good people.

So your stance is even though there are rioters and bad cops there are also good people on both sides. Interesting take.

Load Metric

No other first world country in the world has had anything like this going on either:

-- 250 years of slavery
    -- freed without compensation or access to capital, land, education, housing or employment
    -- sharecropping system in the south replicating slavery in every way but name for another 100 years
    -- blacks denied benefit of Homestead Act where white people got to go grab land super cheap
    -- blacks denied benefit of social security for the first few decades because certain types of employment excluded
    -- segregation/Jim Crow in both north and south after Civil War
    -- campaign of terrorism, over 10,000 lynched and the threat always hanging over the heads of blacks
    -- prevented from voting for 100 years after Civil War despite having the right on paper
    -- blacks kept out of many unions until after WWII
    -- blacks denied benefit of GI bill which vaulted millions of white veterans and their families into comfy middle class existence
    -- blacks denied benefit of post-WWII Federal Housing Administration programs which were used to build the suburbs where whites could move into nicer houses on more land at dirt cheap prices (AKA "redlining")
    -- segregated schools, first by law and then due to suburbanization
    -- War on Drugs disproportionately targeted blacks and other minority communities
    -- proven history of racial discrimination in criminal justice
    -- lack of access to credit, education, capital, employment at first by law then due to circumstances created by suburbanization (no tax base, private sector doesn't find it profitable to operate there)
    -- black families broken up by government policy (denied subsidized housing if a male head of household was present)

There's no question black communities bear some responsibility for what is happening there, but most of the dysfunction is created by the circumstances created by the racial history of this country. The above has been changed on paper, but it wasn't that long ago, and the combined effect on black communities has NEVER been addressed. No other group in America aside from the Native Americans has ever been decimated the way blacks have been. Some groups have endured tough circumstances and have been treated poorly, yes. But no other group has faced an all-out assault on their very existence the way blacks and Native Americans did.

If you hold someone underwater until they stop breathing, then pull them up and say well I'm not holding you under anymore, better start swimming on your own, what's going to happen to that person?

As for what to do about it, nobody knows. I've heard a lot of suggestions but it will probably require a multifaceted approach to lay a foundation under black communities that will bring them back to some sort of reasonable starting point that will empower them to build their own wealth, families and social structures up. It will also require a change of attitude for a large part of the population. It will be expensive. I'm not sure what it would look like but I know this country is not yet up to the task.

Comments

some user: well said

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

So your stance is even though there are rioters and bad cops there are also good people on both sides. Interesting take.
    Cute reference to Trump's remark, but the difference is he was talking about a demonstration by white nationalists. There are no good people on the white nationalist side.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Cute reference to Trump's remark, but the difference is he was talking about a demonstration by white nationalists. There are no good people on the white nationalist side.
    Na, there were peaceful protesters there that were against taking down the statues. You have to agree it’s possible to be pro statue and pro history without being racist right?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Blacks that come from Africa during the past 50 years outperform across the board Blacks from here. Why is that? They both have the same color of skin and features. They can be just as much a victim of racism, if not more, because of their accents. You telling me they are coming from a better environment than the Blacks here? I'll laugh if that's the case.

Its the family structure and culture that they bring with them. That is the main reason.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Blacks that come from Africa during the past 50 years outperform across the board Blacks from here. Why is that? They both have the same color of skin and features. They can be just as much a victim of racism, if not more, because of their accents. You telling me they are coming from a better environment than the Blacks here? I'll laugh if that's the case.

Its the family structure and culture that they bring with them. That is the main reason.
    Also they aren’t taught from birth that the entire system is racist and it’s impossible for them to succeed. Imagine being told that since you were a little child. Imagine the impact that would have on your life. Why even try, the mountain is impossible to climb.

Also let’s not forget, Africa had slavery too, that’s where the US got them.

Load Metric

Na, there were peaceful protesters there that were against taking down the statues. You have to agree it’s possible to be pro statue and pro history without being racist right?
    Yes, I think tearing down the statues is missing the point and is destroying history for ultimately self-defeating purposes.

As I recall those white nationalist protesters were yelling "you will not replace us," a reference to the white supremacist conspiracy theory of "replacement," and doing other Proud Boys type bullshit. They have the right to protest peacefully, but they are not good people, hence the distinction I pointed out.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Yes, I think tearing down the statues is missing the point and is destroying history for ultimately self-defeating purposes.

As I recall those white nationalist protesters were yelling "you will not replace us," a reference to the white supremacist conspiracy theory of "replacement," and doing other Proud Boys type bullshit. They have the right to protest peacefully, but they are not good people, hence the distinction I pointed out.
    No doubt the white supremacists are pieces of shit but that’s not who Trump was talking about when he said there were good people on each side. He specifically says he isn’t talking about the white supremacists in fact. Go watch the unedited version, you might be surprised what you hear.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 07-23-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Load Metric

Also they aren’t taught from birth that the entire system is racist and it’s impossible for them to succeed. Imagine being told that since you were a little child. Imagine the impact that would have on your life. Why even try, the mountain is impossible to climb.

I've been saying this for a little bit since all this shit boiled up again; but damn, it's gotta be weird as fuck right now to be a 15-year old black kid who lives in a middle class area that is somewhat diversified.

The only president you really knew before Trump was black, all the white kids at your school show up wearing LeBron and other black athlete jerseys all the time.....and now people are telling you about this supposed systemic racism. Gotta be a bit of a mindfuck.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I've been saying this for a little bit since all this shit boiled up again; but damn, it's gotta be weird as fuck right now to be a 15-year old black kid who lives in a middle class area that is somewhat diversified.

The only president you really knew before Trump was black, all the white kids at your school show up wearing LeBron and other black athlete jerseys all the time.....and now people are telling you about this supposed systemic racism. Gotta be a bit of a mindfuck.
    Also ive got a friend who is a lawyer and wants to throw this thing away he has to register it as belonging to him and me here are the iss extemporaneous but people are coming at this like am I a neocolib

Load Metric

Lol at being so weak that you listen to what others tell you than forming your own path and using excuses to never RISE. There are plenty of blacks who grew up in stable households and attained personal and professional success. The failure is in the weak ones who ascribe to living off the government forever while creating monster beings.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information