Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is one of the looters attacking an 80-year-old woman in the wheelchair who tried to get in their way,

Great people! Glad the police were standing down. Just social protest, everyone.

https://twitter.com/___0HOUR1/status/1265853069436137472
    80 year-old woman? Let me get this right you complain about CNN but then get your news from some echo-chamber. She wasn't near 80 or elderly. Just some stupid-ass kook at best. I was laughing at her, because when I saw it was presented as "stupid of the year" award.

Most smart people who are defending the looters aren't saying what they did is right or justified, but they're saying they can understand why this happened.

You're right, it pisses me off too. At the base level, those are just greedy worthless *@#&$s that are trying to get free shit. To the other side is plainly clear that THIS IS A REACTION. If I owned one of these businesses, I'd be pissed at the cops more than anything. I'm not sure.. haven't been able to tell if this was a bad cop or not so bad guy who made some horrible lapse of judgement.
    So your issue is I got the age wrong about a woman in a wheelchair who appears to be elderly until you look really closely? Ooooooooookay. Talk about missing the point.

Understanding "why" something happens doesn't mean you defend it or let the perpetrators get away with it.

At least you are getting the second part right. They are greedy worthless fucks who are trying to get free shit. However, it's not a "reaction". It's an opportunity for scumbag criminals to steal with no consequence. There was no social justice message to looting Target. The message was, "Oh sweet! I can steal and nobody will stop me!"

You can also be angry at more than one person or entity at a time. You can be angry at the cops for what they did, and also angry at the rioters and scumbag looters who are exploiting the situation to steal and destroy things without consequence.

Instead, I'm seeing a lot of nonsense talk about how this is a reasonable reaction, and that this type of shit is needed to cause a revolution which will supposedly change things, or whatever.

Load Metric
    I wonder what prahlad's stance on this matter is

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I used to live in North Carolina, and went to high school with many right wingers who not only flew the Confederate flag but actively wanted the Confederacy to return, including slavery.

These beliefs are rampant amongst conservatives, and the fact that you remain silent on this is alarming.
    The points I bring up about the left aren't fringe positions by tiny powerless percentage of the party.

I bring up actual mainstream positions which have resulted in actual real-life changes in laws, such as trans women in women's sports and late term abortion on demand.

Nice try at false equivalence though.

Your party is still insane.
    You've been way off ever since you torched your credibility by being complicit in the CMONEY death hoax.

You've made your BIG trigger issues about extremist positions (one in support of females, lol) and are too socially inept to comprehend nuance. Weird and sad.

You whine about virtue signaling and tweet out about your issues with pronouns (snowflake much?) Weird and sad.

NO ONE on your site supports your triggers, so you jump on Twitter to fish out a Tweet to get outraged by and then argue they are mainstream. Weird and sad.

I'll be sure to catch Tucker tonight to have a preview of your coming thoughts.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The points I bring up about the left aren't fringe positions by tiny powerless percentage of the party.

I bring up actual mainstream positions which have resulted in actual real-life changes in laws, such as trans women in women's sports and late term abortion on demand.

You've been way off ever since you torched your credibility by being complicit in the CMONEY death hoax.

You've made your BIG trigger issues about extremist positions (one in support of females, lol) and are too socially inept to comprehend nuance. Weird and sad.

You whine about virtue signaling and tweet out about your issues with pronouns (snowflake much?) Weird and sad.

NO ONE on your site supports your triggers, so you jump on Twitter to fish out a Tweet to get outraged by and then argue they are mainstream. Weird and sad.

Here we are back to "no one" again, even after I made you look foolish that all of your "no one thinks this" bullshit was absurd.

I don't even know what the fuck you're rambling about with my "big trigger issues about extremist positions" and then the baseless insult about being too socially inept to comprehend nuance. All from a guy who has hidden under a screen name for his years on the forum.

I understand why you're spinning right now though and bringing up the cmoney thing, because you're embarrassed that I just made you look stupid with your "no one" crap that you've been throwing at me for many months here.

You could have avoided all of this if you simply said, "Yes, the left has a lot of insane positions, some of which got mainstream play recently, but I never personally supported any of that, and in fact those disgust me."

Instead, you're so emotionally invested in your belief that you're the smarter, better, more socially-adjusted person because you vote Democrat, that you simply can't accept the insanity in your own party.

Don't worry, buddy. It's not just you. This has been the Democratic Party's biggest weakness for several years. They are afraid to confront the lunacy within their own ranks, so half of them just go along with the lunacy as if its reasonable, and the other half just pretends the lunacy doesn't exist. In the meantime, the swing voters don't relate to any of this shit, so they vote for guys like Trump even when they don't particularly like him.

So... keep up the good work.

Load Metric

Here we are back to "no one" again, even after I made you look foolish that all of your "no one thinks this" bullshit was absurd.

I don't even know what the fuck you're rambling about with my "big trigger issues about extremist positions" and then the baseless insult about being too socially inept to comprehend nuance. All from a guy who has hidden under a screen name for his years on the forum.

I understand why you're spinning right now though and bringing up the cmoney thing, because you're embarrassed that I just made you look stupid with your "no one" crap that you've been throwing at me for many months here.

You could have avoided all of this if you simply said, "Yes, the left has a lot of insane positions, some of which got mainstream play recently, but I never personally supported any of that, and in fact those disgust me."

Instead, you're so emotionally invested in your belief that you're the smarter, better, more socially-adjusted person because you vote Democrat, that you simply can't accept the insanity in your own party.

Don't worry, buddy. It's not just you. This has been the Democratic Party's biggest weakness for several years. They are afraid to confront the lunacy within their own ranks, so half of them just go along with the lunacy as if its reasonable, and the other half just pretends the lunacy doesn't exist. In the meantime, the swing voters don't relate to any of this shit, so they vote for guys like Trump even when they don't particularly like him.

So... keep up the good work.
    Name:  giphy (2).gif
Views: 656
Size:  1.71 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Your reading comprehension is terrible, too.

I presented the Michael McDonald pro-riot tweet because:

1) My debate with him and some of his followers on Twitter was already mentioned earlier in this thread.

2) McDonald himself said that he was shocked that he got such overwhelmingly positive response to his pro-riot tweet, to the point where he joked that perhaps he wasn't being controversial enough.

3) McDonald is not even a extreme leftist. His brand of thought is common among a lot of Democrats today, which is why the response he got to being pro-riots was so overwhelmingly positive.

So I presented you REAL EVIDENCE of how I wasn't arguing with a strawman, and that many people have positive views about the riots. Rather than admitting you were wrong, you claimed that I just "fished out" a pro-riot tweet from a well-followed poker figure which just happened to have tons of pro-riot responses.

All a strawman, though, right?

Learn some critical thinking skills, bro.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Don Lemon “ Currently we’re seeing what looks like a peaceful gathering. We did see some police in tactical gear but we aren’t really sure why”. Lmfao, maybe because they set the city on fire dipshit.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol CNN

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Don Lemon “ Currently we’re seeing what looks like a peaceful gathering. We did see some police in tactical gear but we aren’t really sure why”. Lmfao, maybe because they set the city on fire dipshit.
    Name:  +_a86f15f6c4e5661f12fee72324efba5c.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  601.6 KB

Load Metric
    Right now on CNN the 3rd Precinct is on fire.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Okay? I don't watch Cuomo, so I can't comment on that.

I do go to cnn.com, which is one of the most visited news sites in the world, and there wasn't one peep about riots at 11:47pm CDT when I took the screen shot. Go back to page one and you'll see I'm correct.

Was that accidental?

Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan
    Mike McDonald "ideologically" likes the idea of rioting.

Ike Haxton things rioting is good for the economy and a positive for society.

How do you think these two pro-riot boys would feel if they were beaten up during a riot as an innocent bystander, or if it were their business destroyed? Ideologically good though, amirite???

I just can't with these kids....
    America exists literally because of riots.
    Should we go back to the way we were doing things in the 1700s, then?

Because I don't think black people will go for that.
    Remember that time someone pointed out that our country was founded because of civil disobedience and the right to protest and Druff implied you'd have to be on board with slavery then too?

Simpler times

Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

80 year-old woman? Let me get this right you complain about CNN but then get your news from some echo-chamber. She wasn't near 80 or elderly. Just some stupid-ass kook at best. I was laughing at her, because when I saw it was presented as "stupid of the year" award.

Most smart people who are defending the looters aren't saying what they did is right or justified, but they're saying they can understand why this happened.

You're right, it pisses me off too. At the base level, those are just greedy worthless *@#&$s that are trying to get free shit. To the other side is plainly clear that THIS IS A REACTION. If I owned one of these businesses, I'd be pissed at the cops more than anything. I'm not sure.. haven't been able to tell if this was a bad cop or not so bad guy who made some horrible lapse of judgement.
    So your issue is I got the age wrong about a woman in a wheelchair who appears to be elderly until you look really closely? Ooooooooookay. Talk about missing the point.

Understanding "why" something happens doesn't mean you defend it or let the perpetrators get away with it.

At least you are getting the second part right. They are greedy worthless fucks who are trying to get free shit. However, it's not a "reaction". It's an opportunity for scumbag criminals to steal with no consequence. There was no social justice message to looting Target. The message was, "Oh sweet! I can steal and nobody will stop me!"

You can also be angry at more than one person or entity at a time. You can be angry at the cops for what they did, and also angry at the rioters and scumbag looters who are exploiting the situation to steal and destroy things without consequence.

Instead, I'm seeing a lot of nonsense talk about how this is a reasonable reaction, and that this type of shit is needed to cause a revolution which will supposedly change things, or whatever.
    She had a knife and was stabbing people, right?

Also, pretty sure Druff is like 65% incel

Load Metric

I used to live in North Carolina, and went to high school with many right wingers who not only flew the Confederate flag but actively wanted the Confederacy to return, including slavery.

These beliefs are rampant amongst conservatives, and the fact that you remain silent on this is alarming.

i agree with you that trans women in women sports is "mainstream" on the left, though that is less than a majority. i have to think you're wrong about late term abortion.

regardless, i wanted to point out that you do the exact same thing.

i cited a poll showing that 40% of republicans (*and 50% of fox news watchers*) believe that bill gates is trying to track people with a coronavirus vaccine and you dismissed that as a tiny minority of republicans.

do we have diffrent interpretations of what "mainstream" means cause 40 or 50% sounds mainstream.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Not true now, never has been true since I was 17. Thanks for your usual good contribution to this forum, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Not true now, never has been true since I was 17. Thanks for your usual good contribution to this forum, though.
    Ok...63%

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

i agree with you that trans women in women sports is "mainstream" on the left, though that is less than a majority. i have to think you're wrong about late term abortion.

i cited a poll showing that 40% of republicans (*and 50% of fox news watchers*) believe that bill gates is trying to track people with a coronavirus vaccine and you dismissed that as a tiny minority of republicans.

do we have diffrent interpretations of what "mainstream" means cause 40 or 50% sounds mainstream.
    Go back to the coronavirus thread and you will see that I openly expressed unhappiness with the right regarding shit like this.

In response, I got idiots like Sloppy Joe mocking me for still being Republican given that I had these disagreements.

You can't win with miserable partisan bots like him. Either you openly admit dumb positions held by many in your party and get mocked for not switching parties, or you refuse to admit these things and get mocked for being in denial. Anything short of, "I am renouncing all support for Republicans and voting Democrat from now on" won't satisfy them.

I think I have been straightforward with my disapproval of some right-wing trends or positions. I'm not one of those hyper-partisans who won't criticize their own people.

However, many of the leftists here are exactly that. Many on the left believe you can't validate any criticisms of them from the right, or somehow you're empowering Trump.

Comments

JeffDime: +++

Sloppy Joe: Again, all or nothing, black and white babbly think. Going green to not trigger but reread, silly

Load Metric
    also druff if this isn't an act, you need to consider getting some perspective and try moving to the center.

5 red states advanced bills permitting schools be allowed to teach creationism in 2019 alone. this is fact. that makes it a "mainstream" republican position.

the only reason why creationism isn't taught all over the south is because the supreme court blocked it. this is also fact.

cliffs: please understand there is batshit crazy on both sides.

Comments

RealTalk: Very fine people on both sides
    Last edited by blake; 05-28-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Load Metric

Go back to the coronavirus thread and you will see that I openly expressed unhappiness with the right regarding shit like this.

In response, I got idiots like Sloppy Joe mocking me for still being Republican given that I had these disagreements.

You can't win with miserable partisan bots like him. Either you openly admit dumb positions held by many in your party and get mocked for not switching parties, or you refuse to admit these things and get mocked for being in denial. Anything short of, "I am renouncing all support for Republicans and voting Democrat from now on" won't satisfy them.

I think I have been straightforward with my disapproval of some right-wing trends or positions. I'm not one of those hyper-partisans who won't criticize their own people.

However, many of the leftists here are exactly that. Many on the left believe you can't validate any criticisms of them from the right, or somehow you're empowering Trump.
    ok but irrespective of your personal beliefs, i recall you dismissed the gates-vax truthers as being a tiny fringe of republicans, despite what the poll showed. i thought you were denying that a sizeable number of republicans actually believed that. am i mistaken?

Load Metric
    Your reading comprehension is terrible, too.

I presented the Michael McDonald pro-riot tweet because:

1) My debate with him and some of his followers on Twitter was already mentioned earlier in this thread.

2) McDonald himself said that he was shocked that he got such overwhelmingly positive response to his pro-riot tweet, to the point where he joked that perhaps he wasn't being controversial enough.

3) McDonald is not even a extreme leftist. His brand of thought is common among a lot of Democrats today, which is why the response he got to being pro-riots was so overwhelmingly positive.

So I presented you REAL EVIDENCE of how I wasn't arguing with a strawman, and that many people have positive views about the riots. Rather than admitting you were wrong, you claimed that I just "fished out" a pro-riot tweet from a well-followed poker figure which just happened to have tons of pro-riot responses.

All a strawman, though, right?

Learn some critical thinking skills, bro.
    So you're citing a twitter comment from a poker player as evidence that being pro-riot is not an extreme position?

That's the point you're engaging with?

Checkmate, you got me.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

ok but irrespective of your personal beliefs, i recall you dismissed the gates-vax truthers as being a tiny fringe of republicans, despite what the poll showed. i thought you were denying that a sizeable number of republicans actually believed that. am i mistaken?
    I don't remember seeing that poll. I'd have to see it to comment on it.

There was a time I thought the Gates-vax truthing was a small fringe portion of conservatives, because it was. It did eventually grow to be a much bigger faction than I expected, and it bothered me to see that. I spoke out against this idiocy whenever I encountered it in right-wing Facebook groups or whatever.

I also have readily admitted that there is a portion of the Republican Party with crazy views.

However, the annoying thing is that Democrats here (and in most places online) won't do the same, and when they do, they insist that it's a tiny powerless minority which doesn't matter. At the same time, they're electing extremists like AOC and casting them as the future of the party, and passing laws which actually inflict these crazy positions upon the public.

I have no issue with sensible Democrats who condemn this crazy shit but also still vote "D" because they disagree with Republicans even more.

Instead, many here accuse me of strawmaning when I bring up these crazy policies, and they insist that they're still part of the pro-science, pro-logic party. Too many on the left see their politics as an extension of their compassion, logic, and intellectualism, and they're terrified to admit that a lot of the "crazy" has infected their side, as well.

Thread Information