Page 12 of 124 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric

when the looting starts, the shooting starts

Comments

Krypt: too late

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

when the looting starts, the shooting starts
    A few days off from devastating COVID coverage. Ever the opportunist.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Please remember as you are looting and burning down shit to wear a mask and practice social distancing.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

I didn't miss any point. The point is you just pulled this whole elderly episode out of your ass. Why? That woman was about as deranged as the looters. Maybe moreso. You lack the ability to see things from other perspective. Now, I am not going to defend this perspective, but in this situation the people trying to get around her and get about their looting are FAR MORE RATIONAL than her stupid lunatic ass.

She's probably the only Trump voter within blocks. Can we agree on that?

Ok, it isn't a reaction to anything. You're right. You have people very well figured out Dan Druff you. Telling those damn liberals whats up!

So what is the proper move by the black communitywhen nothing changes?

Cops who get fired. Lol. Thats a joke. They just get rehired elsewhere and something like 40% get rehired on appeal. It perpetuates these bad cops.
    I would be fine with some agreement to have a national registry of problem cops who can't get hired in law enforcement for any reason.

Most Americans would be fine with something like this. Very few people like corrupt or abusive cops.

That's the direction we need to go. Every time one of these things happens, we see that the cop in question had a terrible history and should have been kicked out of law enforcement ages ago.
    Sure, but there is nothing leading us in this direction. Can you show us where you were publicly outraged when the death video was leaked? Ironically my first feelings were very much like yours, but I read some MLK quote and such and now I'm more like <shrug>. They're just fucking their community more than anything, but there will be no change without something significant like this. Another dead black dude sure won't do it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Therefore, it's a fair assumption that his 50k followers would represent a wide array of Americans (mostly people who have a recreational interest in poker), and thus the responses we'd see to his tweet would be fairly representative of the mainstream.

It definitely isn’t a fair assumption that Twitter users are fairly representative of the mainstream.

Twitter users skew younger and more liberal.

Twitter may be fun but Ike Haxton’s Twitter followers are representative of next to nothing in my world.
    I'm talking about McDonald's followers, not Haxton's.

He has 50k followers of mostly rec poker players.

Skew more Democrat? Sure. That's why he got more support for being pro-riots than hate for it.

Are these 50k extreme leftists? Zero chance, especially since McDonald is not usually politically outspoken, so he doesn't attract these types like Haxton might.

My argument is simply that a lot of mainstream Democrats support the rioting, and I proved my case very well. Anyone who thinks otherwise has zero understanding of population sampling.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: 112 comments

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I would be fine with some agreement to have a national registry of problem cops who can't get hired in law enforcement for any reason.

Most Americans would be fine with something like this. Very few people like corrupt or abusive cops.

That's the direction we need to go. Every time one of these things happens, we see that the cop in question had a terrible history and should have been kicked out of law enforcement ages ago.
    Sure, but there is nothing leading us in this direction. Can you show us where you were publicly outraged when the death video was leaked? Ironically my first feelings were very much like yours, but I read some MLK quote and such and now I'm more like <shrug>. They're just fucking their community more than anything, but there will be no change without something significant like this. Another dead black dude sure won't do it.
    Nothing is leading us in this direction because the left doesn't want real solutions to the problem. The solution I proposed doesn't involve race-related reforms. It involves reforms related to bad cops and getting rid of them before they do something terrible.

The left rarely suggests this (unless it's part of a broader race-related platform) because they only want to solve problems if it fits in with their agenda. My suggestion is too logical and non-identity-politicking for them. Usually their form of solutions involve a global decrease in justified use of force (or authority to question/arrest), which just leads to more crime and making it tougher for cops to do their jobs. That's why crime went UP in the years following the Ferguson situation. Basically the left only wants a solution if they can brag later that they saved the downtrodden and the oppressed.

Other than making problem officers easier to fire, there is no realistic "change" that can be proposed which doesn't simply result in being softer on violent crime and reducing police rights to respond to violent suspects. Can you think of one?

Gold
    Load Metric

Comments

BCR: [plain]I’ve saw an official release from his boss denying it, but I guess he would if was cop orchestrated. I don’t believe it. Funny part is I went on Facebook and pro trump anti vax sites were pushing it. People don’t even remember what team any m

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since Sloppy Joe continues to advocate the absurd point that somehow Mike McDonald (a well-known, mostly apolitical poker pro) only has a crazy fringe left following, I'll offer this bet to him:

We will have a neutral arbitrator NOT on this forum pick a random Democratic Facebook group of more than 3000 people.

We will post a voting question:

"Are the current riots and looting in Minnesota justified?", with the selections of "Yes" and "No".

If any less than 67% votes "Yes", I lose the bet. If 67% or more votes Yes, I win. If there is any suspicion of voting irregularities, we will review and throw out all votes made from members who joined after we had our group chosen by the neutral person.

I will bet any sum of money up to $20k.

You are trying to prove that being pro-riot is not a mainstream Democratic position, and that my stating so is a strawman. I'm trying to prove otherwise.

We can escrow the money.

Let me know if interested.

Load Metric
    Trump sends in the troops and we got something that could have some legs.

Just wait til the last week of July when they are unemployed and the Federal assistance runs out.

A cancelled Dodgers game might be all it takes

Trump was supposed to speak tomorrow. We thought it was gonna be China/Hong Kong sabre rattling. We thought he would wait til the markets closed so as not to spook the world.

Is that still on? Is it gonna be Minny now?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

Maybe this cop actually hates other cops and agrees with the rioting?

Or it could just be a mentally deranged individual who feels compelled to be the antithesis of what he's supposed to be. In the '90s, a bad string of fires set in southern California were actually arson committed by a fire captain. He didn't do it for funding or glory for putting them out, or any kind of personal gain. He was just nuts and had a weird desire to start fires despite having a job putting them out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100780744704

He's actually right. The city and the mayor have fucked this whole thing up royally.

If they had a brain and handled this correctly when it occurred on Monday, we wouldn't be seeing the city burning right now. They haven't even charged any of the cops yet. The solution is right in front of their faces, and they are choosing inaction while they wait for toxicology reports or whatever. They simply don't understand that every moment that nobody is charged, everyone will continue freaking out.

At the same time, they've also been very weak regarding dealing with the rioters and looters.

So this is a horrible combination of failing to address an obvious and horrific instance of police abuse -- one with obvious racial optics, and failing to attempt to stop riots stemming from the outrage over their inaction.

Guess which political party runs Minneapolis?

Gold
    Load Metric

Nothing is leading us in this direction because the left doesn't want real solutions to the problem. The solution I proposed doesn't involve race-related reforms. It involves reforms related to bad cops and getting rid of them before they do something terrible.

The left rarely suggests this (unless it's part of a broader race-related platform) because they only want to solve problems if it fits in with their agenda. My suggestion is too logical and non-identity-politicking for them. Usually their form of solutions involve a global decrease in justified use of force (or authority to question/arrest), which just leads to more crime and making it tougher for cops to do their jobs. That's why crime went UP in the years following the Ferguson situation. Basically the left only wants a solution if they can brag later that they saved the downtrodden and the oppressed.

Other than making problem officers easier to fire, there is no realistic "change" that can be proposed which doesn't simply result in being softer on violent crime and reducing police rights to respond to violent suspects. Can you think of one?
    No, but lets say this is a federal registry. To be law enforecment, you have to be approved by a federal agency. Then once you're on the bad list, you get it no more.

I really don't think liberals are against such an idea any more than conservatives, but pretty sure for the most part "conservatives" won't even acknowledge the problem unless it is beyond blatant. You're making up strawmen. Liberals are for all sorts of creative government. Conservatives are either remove it or privatize it so someone can exploit it.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Or it could just be a mentally deranged individual who feels compelled to be the antithesis of what he's supposed to be. In the '90s, a bad string of fires set in southern California were actually arson committed by a fire captain. He didn't do it for funding or glory for putting them out, or any kind of personal gain. He was just nuts and had a weird desire to start fires despite having a job putting them out.

lol calm down man, been debunked, no need to aggressively analyze

Diamond
    Load Metric
    why are u getting so worked up debating our talentless pool of libtards, every one of them is a propaganda pusher, not one of them could spot the obvious Russian collusion ruse.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, but lets say this is a federal registry. To be law enforecment, you have to be approved by a federal agency. Then once you're on the bad list, you get it no more.

I really don't think liberals are against such an idea any more than conservatives, but pretty sure for the most part "conservatives" won't even acknowledge the problem unless it is beyond blatant. You're making up strawmen. Liberals are for all sorts of creative government. Conservatives are either remove it or privatize it so someone can exploit it.
    Conservatives haven't approached this subject because they want the support of police departments, and if they attempt to weaken the police union, they will receive huge pushback. So Republicans don't want to approach it this way.

Democrats haven't approached the subject because it doesn't solve the issue via identity politics. Their narrative has long been that black people are under attack by the police. They would never be okay with the solution simply being non-race-based police reform. It would invalidate their loud rhetoric on the matter for the past 6 years.

I'm presenting what appears to be the best solution, and at the very least, will help reduce police brutality.

Whether either party is willing to have the balls to go there remains to be seen.

I'm on record right now saying I'll support it, even if it's the Democrats ultimately proposing the solution (provided it's not bundled with some other crap which will cause more problems).

Gold
    Load Metric

Everything I'm seeing from the people all-in on this being the guy seem be taking the fpsrussia/reggaymer approach of this guy executing some dark ops type shit on behalf of law enforcement. Trying to incite crime and violence to make protestors look worse.

Broken Windows theory etc

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Everything I'm seeing from the people all-in on this being the guy seem be taking the fpsrussia/reggaymer approach of this guy executing some dark ops type shit on behalf of law enforcement. Trying to incite crime and violence to make protestors look worse.

Broken Windows theory etc
    Ah, a broken windows theory involving actual broken windows!

Couldn't be more perfect.

Load Metric
    Couple posts here that perhaps it takes a riot.

I’m gonna cool my heels until I see a timeline from the moment they collected Floyd’s body from the street. What action did authorities take?

When were the officers arrested or charged?

I reckon it will not be a good look.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Here we are back to "no one" again, even after I made you look foolish that all of your "no one thinks this" bullshit was absurd.

I don't even know what the fuck you're rambling about with my "big trigger issues about extremist positions" and then the baseless insult about being too socially inept to comprehend nuance. All from a guy who has hidden under a screen name for his years on the forum.

I understand why you're spinning right now though and bringing up the cmoney thing, because you're embarrassed that I just made you look stupid with your "no one" crap that you've been throwing at me for many months here.

You could have avoided all of this if you simply said, "Yes, the left has a lot of insane positions, some of which got mainstream play recently, but I never personally supported any of that, and in fact those disgust me."

Instead, you're so emotionally invested in your belief that you're the smarter, better, more socially-adjusted person because you vote Democrat, that you simply can't accept the insanity in your own party.

Don't worry, buddy. It's not just you. This has been the Democratic Party's biggest weakness for several years. They are afraid to confront the lunacy within their own ranks, so half of them just go along with the lunacy as if its reasonable, and the other half just pretends the lunacy doesn't exist. In the meantime, the swing voters don't relate to any of this shit, so they vote for guys like Trump even when they don't particularly like him.

So... keep up the good work.
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Is that Urkel?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information