Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Remember when I said that the solution lies in weakening police unions and making it easier to dismiss bad officers?

Guess who was right?

There were 18 past complaints against this officer, including some which were "closed with discipline". One of the other officers present had 6 past complaints and was part of an ongoing excessive force lawsuit.

This isn't about racism or systematic oppression of black people. This is about terrible, abusive officers who continue in law enforcement because it is too difficult to fire them.

Unfortunately the left is too interested in whining about racism and branding America as a hateful, no-good, super-racist place, and not actually finding real solutions.

Comments

JeffDime: +++

nightmarefish: Interesting angle

MumblesBadly: I was the one who mentioned the police unions to you long before this in incident, and your response was almost non-existent.

Load Metric
    I hate to bring this up but it was reported that George Floyd had COVID-19 so it's being listed as a covid death, so the officer cannot be charged with murder.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Remember when I said that the solution lies in weakening police unions and making it easier to dismiss bad officers?

Guess who was right?

There were 18 past complaints against this officer, including some which were "closed with discipline". One of the other officers present had 6 past complaints and was part of an ongoing excessive force lawsuit.

This isn't about racism or systematic oppression of black people. This is about terrible, abusive officers who continue in law enforcement because it is too difficult to fire them.

Unfortunately the left is too interested in whining about racism and branding America as a hateful, no-good, super-racist place, and not actually finding real solutions.
    You are being super dense here. Because reforming police unions and holding the bad cops accountable are key policy objectives of many folks on the left, including.... wait for it ... BLM! And you know what your response to my bringing this up in the past has been? That the BLMers just want to weaken the power of police officers in order be able to get away with resisting arrest and committing crimes.

Sorry, Drufftard! I’m calling bullshit on your self-congratulations for pointing out at this late date how problematic police unions are regarding holding bad ones accountable for abusing their authority.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish
    Interesting angle
    This has been my angle for years regarding actual police brutality cases (not bullshit ones like Ferguson, but actual ones like this).

If you look into the history of these officers caught on video really bad things, you almost always find a history of abusive behavior and offenses for which they should have been already fired. It's rare that a good officer with a clean record just flips out and does something like this.

We should focus upon getting the bad apples out of the police force (and making it easier to do so), and less upon proving how awful and racist the police are in general. The former is an actual solution which will result in a net positive for society. The latter is abstract nonsense which is impossible to legislate and just further causes dissent between the people and the (mostly good) police forces.

Unfortunately, the left's entire brand these days counts on having societal victims to rescue from supposed oppression, so they win a lot more elections when there's an abstract bigotry problem remaining unsolved. They don't want real and practical solutions, or they will run out of victims to claim are oppressed.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Repeating your bullshit claim that the left has been ignoring the corrosive power of police unions in the US. Hell! It’s been a major issue for many on the left for DECADES!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    I hate to bring this up but it was reported that George Floyd had COVID-19 so it's being listed as a covid death, so the officer cannot be charged with murder.

Hahhahahahhahhahha tinfoil team take on shit.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Guess who was right?

You are being super dense here. Because reforming police unions and holding the bad cops accountable are key policy objectives of many folks on the left, including.... wait for it ... BLM! And you know what your response to my bringing this up in the past has been? That the BLMers just want to weaken the power of police officers in order be able to get away with resisting arrest and committing crimes.

Sorry, Drufftard! I’m calling bullshit on your self-congratulations for pointing out at this late date how problematic police unions are regarding holding bad ones accountable for abusing their powers.
    I don't know which BLM you've been watching, because the one I know believes that they're fighting a systematic racism problem within all police forces, and not just a matter of getting problem cops off the force.

While removing problem cops is probably a subset of their overall platform, the rest of their platform is so absurd and unrealistic that it doesn't warrant any serious consideration.

For example, BLM still thinks that the Ferguson shooting was a tragedy, and an innocent black boy was killed. They're clueless, just like you are in this matter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    druff is right though that we’re gonna need a pro-rioter take if we want this thread to continue
    Funny you say that, because aside from the conservatives posting in the thread, it seems we have 7 pages of soft pro-rioter and pro-looter rhetoric.

How many PFA letfists have directly said they disagree with the rioting and the looting, and the people doing so should be arrested and prosecuted?

Somehow that's missing from most of the responses here. Maybe everyone's fingers are just tired and they physically can't bring themselves to type that?

DIRECT QUESTIONS TO PFA LEFITSTS:

1) Do you support the rioters? Should they be arrested and prosecuted?

2) Do you think the looting was okay? Should the looters be arrested and prosecuted?

I'm sure I will continue getting histrionic answers like, "A black man was murdered by police, what do you expect?" or "Why do you care more about a corporation like Target instead of a black man's life?", which purposely avoid answering the above. LOL Democrats
    1) No. Yes.

2) No. Yes.

Oh and sometimes when you ask retarded shit people don't flock to answer.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff, can you rank who you are most outraged with in order from this list?

1. The police officer(s) who killed an unarmed man in broad daylight - include the department as a whole if you wish

2. The rioters and looters of Target and other small business

3. The CNN online news coverage(or lack thereof)

4. The online poker pro Twitter community of limousine liberals

5. The left-leaning PFA TDS posters in this thread with no empathy for Target

6. Barack Obama

Thanks in advance

Load Metric
    like I don't understand these right and left wingers who are constantly outraged by the politics/ideas of others, a la dan druff. Honestly, I have too many hobbies and interests that occupy my time. Oil painting alone, which is really a tertiary interest of mine, fills that strange political void many of you suffer with.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

1. The police officer(s) who killed an unarmed man in broad daylight - include the department as a whole if you wish

6. Barack Obama

Thanks in advance
    You missed these:

7. The city of Minneapolis for stupidly dragging their feet regarding taking super-quick action against the cops, in what was going to obviously be a powderkeg controversy

8. The city of Minneapolis for having police stand down during the riots and looting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    like I don't understand these right and left wingers who are constantly outraged by the politics/ideas of others, a la dan druff. Honestly, I have too many hobbies and interests that occupy my time. Oil painting alone, which is really a tertiary interest of mine, fills that strange political void many of you suffer with.
    Let's see some of your oil paintings. Make a separate thread obv

Load Metric

6. Barack Obama

Thanks in advance
    7. Amber Pearl Saintly was listed as a female when arrested.

Gold
    Load Metric

6. Barack Obama

Thanks in advance
    You missed these:

7. The city of Minneapolis for stupidly dragging their feet regarding taking super-quick action against the cops, in what was going to obviously be a powderkeg controversy

8. The city of Minneapolis for having police stand down during the riots and looting
    Ok can you give me your outrage power rankings now with your included entries?

Thanks bud

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You missed these:

Thanks bud
    Not gonna happen. Can't give serious answers to troll posts, I'm sorry.

Try again or at least try harder.

Load Metric
    druff is right though that we’re gonna need a pro-rioter take if we want this thread to continue
    Funny you say that, because aside from the conservatives posting in the thread, it seems we have 7 pages of soft pro-rioter and pro-looter rhetoric.

How many PFA letfists have directly said they disagree with the rioting and the looting, and the people doing so should be arrested and prosecuted?

Somehow that's missing from most of the responses here. Maybe everyone's fingers are just tired and they physically can't bring themselves to type that?

2) Do you think the looting was okay? Should the looters be arrested and prosecuted?

I'm sure I will continue getting histrionic answers like, "A black man was murdered by police, what do you expect?" or "Why do you care more about a corporation like Target instead of a black man's life?", which purposely avoid answering the above. LOL Democrats

it's such a bad take and i'm temporarily rewarding it by even playing along.

per your supposed logic, when you started this thread and chose to focus on the rioting and not the black guy getting killed, we should have inferred that you supported the police killing that guy cause you didn't go out of your way to state otherwise. i mean, if you didn't focus on the guy getting killed by the police, that means you supported it, right?

if you *really* thought you were going to get people supporting the rioters, you're hopelessly brainwashed. but my guess is you knew no one here would have that opinion and the whole point of this thread was to get people mad at you just to generate content.

most of your opinions here must be made up, or, at the very least, heavily exaggerated to get people posting. i'm not knocking it, that's actually a decent way of keeping the forum alive.

Load Metric

No one supports looting or rioting. Straw man retardation.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

it's such a bad take and i'm temporarily rewarding it by even playing along.

per your supposed logic, when you started this thread and chose to focus on the rioting and not the black guy getting killed, we should have inferred that you supported the police killing that guy cause you didn't go out of your way to state otherwise. i mean, if you didn't focus on the guy getting killed by the police, that means you supported it, right?

if you *really* thought you were going to get people supporting the rioters, you're hopelessly brainwashed. but my guess is you knew no one here would have that opinion and the whole point of this thread was to get people mad at you just to generate content.

most of your opinions here must be made up, or, at the very least, heavily exaggerated to get people posting. i'm not knocking it, that's actually a decent way of keeping the forum alive.
    If I supported the police killing, I would have said so. I don't, and never have, and I made that clear in the thread long ago.

This thread wasn't directly about the police killing -- it was about the general permissiveness of allowing rioting and looting when an incident like this occurs, and how that pisses me off.

I wanted to discuss this separate from the police incident itself, which I felt was so obviously wrong that it wasn't worth bringing up. Apparently that's not allowed here without first publicly virtue signaling about the killing.

I'll remember that for the future.

If I had to do it all over again, I would start the thread:

"Just want to let everyone know that the police in Minnesota killed an unarmed man who was committing a minor nonviolent crime, and I think that's terrible and awful and I totally condemn it. I want everyone here to acknowledge that I think police brutality and excessive force is bad, bad, bad. Okay? Got it?

All right, now let's talk about the more complex issue regarding how to handle the looting and rioting which springs from something like this..."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

No one supports looting or rioting. Straw man retardation.
    https://twitter.com/MikeMcDonald89/status/1265901866811920384

Total straw man. "No one" supports it.

Just like "no one" supports late term abortion for any reason, even though it's legal in multiple states.

Just like "no one" supports trans women competing in female athletics, even though it's allowed to happen every day.

Nobody believes these things, and I just imagine fake insane leftist positions, so I can win arguments against strawmen.

You figured me out. Genius take!

Gold
    Load Metric

Thanks bud

I'm completely serious, I can understand why you don't want to answer tho.

Ironically, I bet those Twitter poker pros you're beefing with have the same opinion of you that you are expressing towards me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm completely serious, I can understand why you don't want to answer tho.

Ironically, I bet those Twitter poker pros you're beefing with have the same opinion of you that you are expressing towards me.
    Go read your questions again that you're asking me. Obvious trolling attempt, including nasty rephrasing of my points into absurdities such as #3 on your list, as well as Obama being nonsensically being included in the list.

Ask questions in a serious, respectful manner if you want a serious response. You didn't, so you're not getting one.

Thread Information