Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

So what?

There are two big reasons for this:

1) Colleges and universities in the US are extremely left-biased, and there's tons of lefitst propaganda. An apolitical person entering college (as many 18-year-olds are) would be MUCH more likely to exit college a liberal than a conservative for this reason.

2) College graduates are more likely to live in or near a big city, which lean more left. People will often subconsciously adjust their politics to the environment around them, especially if otherwise apolitical.

A lot of people on the left like to flaunt the "educated people are more likely to vote Democrat" in everyone's faces, with the implication that the more you learn, the more you realize being left is the "correct" way to view things. They completely ignore the bias in the institutions themselves.
no, there is a an underlying reason: most college kids come from middle class or poor backgrounds (as do most of their professors)...they come to learn that what separates them from their classmates in best/upper social classes isn't intelligence or hard work---it's just the privilege of being born to wealthy circumstances. yet the upper snobs come across acting as though they are genetically superior in every way rather than acknowledging they were just born lucky...thus, most college students favor removing the underpinnings of that advantage--so they favor high taxes on wealth/corporations/incomes to be used to provide social benefits such has health care/education/guaranteed income.
Are you insane? You said most college students are from "middle class and poor backgrounds"

I don't buy that nor do I buy your assumption that fellow students born into a higher tax bracket act "as though they are genetically superior"

This is not some b movie. I've been to college and nothing of the sort exists.
If you're talking about a Cambridge or Harvard type environment any student
who makes it there from humble beginnings know they are there for
past achievements. Any one there because of family status alone could not hold
quarter and would likely become the meaningful minority.