Page 82 of 124 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    But we aren’t talking about guilty rich liberals.

We are talking about disaffected underemployed angry MAGA types that voted for Trump before. And conservatives that hated Hillary like me.

Is America Great Now? How’d that work out? We are infinitely worse off than 2016

Trump has surpassed any lunacy I may have imagined. He lacks any interest in leading our nation collectively. He is devisive and the results are in the streets. The level of Bannon’s desire to deconstruct every social achievement exceeded anything I imagined too.

Hillary is gone. Trump failed. We move on.
    Before the coronavirus, the economy was doing so well that it was actually at historical highs. I know it's been a long past 4 months, but don't pretend you don't remember that.

Also don't pretend you think that the country would be doing fine if a Democrat won in 2016 -- even one who wasn't Hillary.

We got to see what happens when Democrats lead. You get laws requiring nursing homes to take COVID-positive patients, and then attempts to cover up the (super predictable) death and despair which followed.

I know we disagreed in the past regarding the free market, where you were actually more conservative in that manner than I was (the light regulation versus no regulation debate). But at least I got where you were coming from.

Populist Sanlmar is very disappointing. Please go back to extolling the virtues of the free market and hating Los Angeles sports. Please, I beg you.
    I’m not going to get into a whole Peter Schiff style riff about how the economy was starting to seize late last year. We weren’t healthy. The historic spike in short term funding because of liquidity last September. There were cracks. Warning signs.

It was the best economy years of QE and historic debt could buy. We were never able to stop stimulus from 2008. It was almost as phony as our current stock market.

You might also offer that 2007 was a golden era too. Phony wealth from the real estate bubble. Everyone had a second home and drove a Hummer. Wrong again. It wasn’t healthy then either.

I would have preferred almost any other Republican but Hillary was a proven villain.

Trump is far too dangerous for society and has contributed mightily to our civil unrest.

The election was all his. How can you lose to Biden? It’s unimagineable. He will. Trump is so unglued he is going to beat himself. He is going to give the Senate Democratic majority too.

Democrats will have control over the House Senate and Pesidency. It’s insane but you can thank Trump’s behavior.

A conservative’s best hope is our unmasked hero gets the virus and dies. I do not think you fully comprehend how serious our current situation is. You will rapidly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think 2007 was a golden era. I didn't think that in 2007. People kept telling me to buy a house or condo in Vegas at the time. I didn't. I knew better. That's why I lived in what Jewdonk called "a crappy 1 bedroom apartment" (actually 2 bedrooms, to be fair.)

You can't compare pre-corona 2020 to 2007. Your claim about "cracks" in the healthy economy can be applied to any economic boom. Show me great economic times, and I'll show you an underlying vulnerability ready to derail it.

At least the 2019 boom didn't have an obvious Achilles heel. 2007 had the obvious housing bubble factor. 2000 had the obvious dotcom factor. Both crashes were inevitable. This time, not so much... unless you could have foreseen a once-in-100-year pandemic.

Regarding the rest, it's hard to argue. Trump's his own worst enemy. He lacks self control. He's not a nice person, and not a good person. I stated all of this when I opposed him for the 2016 nomination, and it remains true.

However, if you take away the idiotic tweeting, the weird lies, and the dumb rhetoric, and simply look at the way he has governed, it's actually been surprisingly sensible. You say that Trump stoked the current civil unrest. I disagree. Look at what happened in Ferguson under Obama. This shit was going to happen no matter who was President. Was just a matter of time. As you said, everyone has a video device on them at all times, so bad police behavior can no longer hide.

The racial tensions involving the police were actually stoked by Obama, the media, and the left, 6 years ago. After Ferguson (which, by all appearances, was probably a justified shooting), black people were repeatedly told that they have a target on their backs. All it took was video evidence of black men being unjustifiably killed by police (which, given the population, was inevitable over time), and it was a powder keg ready to go off.

I don't blame you for disliking Trump. I just hope you can see the hugely flawed agenda the left is bringing to the table.

Comments

MumblesBadly: People who are unjustly repressed for decades on end sometimes eventually say “Fuck it!!!” and come out in droves to tell The Man “No justice! No peace!” It’s an America tradition going back to the funding of the country!

splitthis: It all is Obama’s fault

Load Metric
    I don't think 2007 was a golden era. I didn't think that in 2007. People kept telling me to buy a house or condo in Vegas at the time. I didn't. I knew better. That's why I lived in what Jewdonk called "a crappy 1 bedroom apartment" (actually 2 bedrooms, to be fair.)

You can't compare pre-corona 2020 to 2007. Your claim about "cracks" in the healthy economy can be applied to any economic boom. Show me great economic times, and I'll show you an underlying vulnerability ready to derail it.

At least the 2019 boom didn't have an obvious Achilles heel. 2007 had the obvious housing bubble factor. 2000 had the obvious dotcom factor. Both crashes were inevitable. This time, not so much... unless you could have foreseen a once-in-100-year pandemic.

Regarding the rest, it's hard to argue. Trump's his own worst enemy. He lacks self control. He's not a nice person, and not a good person. I stated all of this when I opposed him for the 2016 nomination, and it remains true.

However, if you take away the idiotic tweeting, the weird lies, and the dumb rhetoric, and simply look at the way he has governed, it's actually been surprisingly sensible. You say that Trump stoked the current civil unrest. I disagree. Look at what happened in Ferguson under Obama. This shit was going to happen no matter who was President. Was just a matter of time. As you said, everyone has a video device on them at all times, so bad police behavior can no longer hide.

The racial tensions involving the police were actually stoked by Obama, the media, and the left, 6 years ago. After Ferguson (which, by all appearances, was probably a justified shooting), black people were repeatedly told that they have a target on their backs. All it took was video evidence of black men being unjustifiably killed by police (which, given the population, was inevitable over time), and it was a powder keg ready to go off.

I don't blame you for disliking Trump. I just hope you can see the hugely flawed agenda the left is bringing to the table.
    1) Obama simply publicly spoke the truth about the matter, and that gave political legitimacy to what folks in the Black communities have been saying about systemic racist that most conservatives want to ignore for various reasons.

2) IMO, that particular shooting was — and here’s where you, Druff, will probably be shocked that I am saying — was most likely justified. But the Ferguson uprising wasn’t just about that shooting — and this is something you repeatedly ignore — it was about how the police, at the direction of the city managers, were systematically targeting the poor and lower income folks in that community to issue fines to in order to fund a massive portion of the city’s budget, and those targeted folks were almost exclusively blacks. And because the Ferguson police department at that time was almost exclusively whites, the whole situation was ripe for white cops to routinely advance their careers by treating blacks in the community like second class citizens to be farmed for fines, which is a perfect example of systemic racism.

P.S. Re Trump: You forgot to mention that he is epically incompetent and have no capacity to reflect on how bad he functions as a president and made steps to not suck so badly at the job.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    However, if you take away the idiotic tweeting, the weird lies, and the dumb rhetoric, and simply look at the way he has governed, it's actually been surprisingly sensible.
    You can't remove Twitter. That's how the world engages with Trump, and treats it as policy. His idiotic tweeting has done irreparable damage to the US's reputation abroad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    However, if you take away the idiotic tweeting, the weird lies, and the dumb rhetoric, and simply look at the way he has governed, it's actually been surprisingly sensible.
    You can't remove Twitter. That's how the world engages with Trump, and treats it as policy. His idiotic tweeting has done irreparable damage to the US's reputation abroad.
    who cares what some faggy 23 year old remainer living in Russia has to say, honestly

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Trigger warning to druff, dish, dwai and friends:

Comments

sonatine: absolutely legendary performance.

Load Metric
    Pulled over car while drunk and was sleeping. Had a struggle with two white cops and tried to grab their taser.

Druff or other law and order supporters. What do you think about it? Justified or not?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Pulled over car while drunk and was sleeping. Had a struggle with two white cops and tried to grab their taser.

Druff or other law and order supporters. What do you think about it? Justified or not?

Your link doesn't work, but on DailyMail there is a video showing him not only trying to grab the taser, but actually grabbing the taser and running away with it, and one of the officers running after him. What exactly happens afterwards is not clear, because it is not in the video.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    another 49er who thinks they washed out of the league because of racism LOL @ JIMMYG THE PARODY ACCOUNT

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/13/terre...s-blackballed/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Your link doesn't work, but on DailyMail there is a video showing him not only trying to grab the taser, but actually grabbing the taser and running away with it, and one of the officers running after him. What exactly happens afterwards is not clear, because it is not in the video.
    Such a victim, nothing he could have done to avoid being shot there. He did everything right and they killed him for taking a nap when he got tired. He was a great man, loved be all. Best way to describe him is a gentile giant that would never hurt anyone. He had this way about him that would light up a room when he entered. True family man and a great friend.

Load Metric

At least the 2019 boom didn't have an obvious Achilles heel.
    Federal deficit increases 26% to $984 billion for fiscal 2019, highest in 7 years

PUBLISHED FRI,OCT 25 2019 2 :00 PM EDT

$1t deficit by your conservative President. The very best economy money can buy.

This is well before the ‘rona. You are not going to win this one. I’ll call in Janet Yellen.

Fold.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: GOT HIM

Sheesfaced:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

At least the 2019 boom didn't have an obvious Achilles heel.
    Federal deficit increases 26% to $984 billion for fiscal 2019, highest in 7 years

$1t deficit by your conservative President. The very best economy money can buy.

This is well before the ‘rona. You are not going to win this one. I’ll call in Janet Yellen.

Fold.
    it's not just trump....if you look at the deficit, it really peaked something awful when the bailout occurred.

i looked at this several months ago. there's a spreadsheet/ graf when you can see all the numbers in "x" years and mainly where the money went each year
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Unarmed black man shot dead by Atlanta cops in Wendy’s drive thur

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/unarme...ys-drive-thru/

Remember, if you are black, do not fall asleep in the Wendy's drive thru or police may kill you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Fold.
    it's not just trump....if you look at the deficit, it really peaked something awful when the bailout occurred.

i looked at this several months ago. there's a spreadsheet/ graf when you can see all the numbers in "x" years and mainly where the money went each year
    You’re killing me Mulva.

Druff insists the economy was recovered and booming in 2019

Trump had a $1t deficit in 2019. far greater than any previous.

We can discuss how and why Trump had enormous deficits but I’d rather not give Druff any opportunity to deflect about stuff like my choice of font.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

You’re killing me Mulva.

Druff insists the economy was recovered and booming in 2019

Trump had a $1t deficit in 2019. far greater than any previous.

We can discuss how and why Trump had enormous deficits but I’d rather not give Druff any opportunity to deflect about stuff like my choice of font.
    i don;t have the graf/info in front of me. but increases have always occurred when there was some kind of war or defensive spending......it was manageable years ago, but it doesn't take much to keep adding on to it. the virus i'm sure pushed it up as well.....ebbs and flows throughout the years with some high spikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Remember, if you are black, do not fall asleep in the Wendy's drive thru or police may kill you.

guy fights cops, points weapon at cops, gets shot. if this becomes a big "racism" thing im ending it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Don't kid yourself, this won't be enough; nothing will.
    Correct. It's like Global Warming, there are people that actually want to ban gasoline. Honestly, outside the super elite who have lost touch with reality, I can't envision anyone making over $100,000 ever voting Democrat. I truly think Trump will surge at the end, despite his flaws anyone who is not poor will say I am not voting for AOC which really is who is on the ballot. Biden is a prop at this point.
    You can't even comprehend what it would be like to make over $100K or even half that.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Correct. It's like Global Warming, there are people that actually want to ban gasoline. Honestly, outside the super elite who have lost touch with reality, I can't envision anyone making over $100,000 ever voting Democrat. I truly think Trump will surge at the end, despite his flaws anyone who is not poor will say I am not voting for AOC which really is who is on the ballot. Biden is a prop at this point.
    the equity market is everything rn. If it were to spectacularly correct from today’s levels by say Q4, then I give Biden 85% chance of winning.
    The real economy matters to the election. The stock market does not. Unemployment will still be over 10%.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information