Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Black people are pissed at this one.

If you're white, it's a good time to stay out of black neighborhoods especially in Minneapolis and downtown Los Angeles.

Hate to break it to you - it’s always a good time to stay out of those neighborhoods. That goes for if you black white or other.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Unprecedented. Have never seen this in my lifetime.
    I actually knew the name before of a lot of those Minneapolis suburbs because there were so many good limit holdem players from that area, and I remember seeing those city names listed on Stars.

Load Metric
    and here comes the night......should be an interesting evening

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the rioting and looting, this can almost always be stopped if a strong police response shuts it down before it grows.

There has long been a false assumption that protesters/rioters/looters in the US are like Islamic terrorists -- so dedicated to their cause that they are willing to die for it. Therefore, conventional wisdom is that during tense times, you just let this stuff happen, or otherwise you risk making it all much worse if you attempt to clamp down on it.

But that's simply not true. This stuff spreads because people realize they can do it with no consequence. Almost everybody involved doesn't have a death wish. Most of the people out there aren't ideologically driven, and the few that are tend not to be suicidal.

Thus, if looting starts at Target and the police move in with a strong statement that everyone needs to get on the ground and be arrested in orderly fashion, and that anyone attempting to attack the police will be tear-gassed or shot, they're not going to bum rush the police. They're all going to get on the ground. They want free stuff, not to be put six feet under.

Same with the rioters, arsonists, and vandals. Stop the shit before it blows up, and the word isn't going to get around that you can join the party of burning things without consequence.

Think of it like a fire. When a fire starts in a neighborhood, if you just stand back and let it burn, it will level the entire place. If you extinguish it early, the damage will be minimal. Same thing here. This tactic would only fail if the people demonstrating are so committed that they would rather die by a police bullet than stand down, but that doesn't happen in the US.

This is why, in the modern history of US riots, those with a swift and consequential response are kept minor, and those which are allowed to take place "for fear of stoking further anger" are the ones which get out of control.

I thought everyone realized this after the '92 LA riots, but apparently not. They haven't learned a thing.

Load Metric
    do a trip report to LA and let us know what's going on

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Unprecedented. Have never seen this in my lifetime.
    Well the ladies in your hood can rest easy. That’s like the Nazis in Stalingrad. They aren’t getting out to the suburbs.
    Only thing burning in my hood tonight is a fire in my backyard, and the occasional marshmallow that drops off the stick into the fire. The only real change from a normal weekend night is the steady stream of CH47 Chinooks going over the house on the way between their base and the downtowns. From my vantage point fireside, I can see at least 2 other neighbors also sitting around fire rings. No curfew in my city/county.

Haven't heard too much from the wife's gossip coop today.
    The rumors that were swirling around yesterday didn't pan out so they're either calming down or not clucking about it as much today.

Friend of mine just texted me "People are gonna die down there tonight." Hope not, but this thing doesn't seem to be getting put to bed any time soon.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    honestly that cop should spend the rest of his life in jail for that shit and the other 3 cocksuckers should each get time

i dont blame people for being pissed but looting and rioting isn't the way to go.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chicago.

At least the looters will have nice footwear to use while running around the city destroying it.

https://twitter.com/BenPopeCST/status/1266887022024757249

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, Andrew Barber (a left-wing sometimes-SJW, who has been on the show once before) is going to call in and discuss the riots with me. As you might expect, we have different points of view.

Despite our opposing politics, we actually get along on a personal level, and are always friendly when we see each other at the WSOP.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    They vandalized St Patricks Cathederal. Fucking Animals.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually I guess he agrees the riots aren't productive, but we still disagree on many things. Should be an interesting discussion.

Load Metric
    what a disgrace

Shoot on sight should be the order going forward

Those fuckers don't care about G Floyd they care about causing mayhem and destroying property

Trumps fat ass being in office certainly hasn't helped matters. He just adds fuel to the fire

I fear this country might never recover from everything that's going on and if it does it's gonna take years

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    shocked you're not out there looting and trying to get something for free

scumbag

Load Metric
    looks like the betting public doesn't think the riots help trump. predictit has biden-trump exactly even with biden crushing the electoral college

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    looks like the betting public doesn't think the riots help trump. predictit has biden-trump exactly even with biden crushing the electoral college
    Do I need to remind you of what the odds were last go around at this point ?

Anyway, this is surreal. So much the trillions spent and businesses lost trying to avoid covid19.

https://twitter.com/betaodork/status/1266849844481712131

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    being a catlick or a christian is frowned upon these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thoughts on this?

https://twitter.com/tjhansen/status/1266901184515883008

Personally, I say fuck those people.

If your crowd is going to block a moving NYPD vehicle and then pelt it with increasingly large objects, fuck off if the cops don't want to wait until something crashes through the windshield and decides to force their way through you.

I would also hit the gas if an angry crowd stopped my vehicle and started throwing objects at my windshield.

Attack the cops, pay the price.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    I saw that. It’s not like the betting markets are right always, particularly on elections. I just can’t see how suburban people and seniors watching this instead of Trump botches Covid all day helps. The uptick in black voters has to be larger than the loss of ladies in suburbs and old white people who were moving away from him.

Let’s see when approval polls come out the next few weeks. Clearly I hope you’re right, but I’d bet the other way. He was trending very badly. He has a hard bottom of like 40. He was like 43 last week.

Plus it’s only a matter of time with chaos in multiple places for some innocent white personnel to get stomped and take it from thieving to a different level

Once again, I hope you’re right

Load Metric
    remember when 200 crackers marched around charlottlesville and did nothing to buildings and literally democrats lost their minds

also sally what are we doing monday the markets gotta be down a thousand right the futures dont come out yet but i mean cmon is the move smith and wesson stock or how do we play this

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This has to be the most traumatic year since 9/11 for Americans, and we arent even halfway into it
    Last edited by OSA; 05-30-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Thread Information