Page 70 of 124 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2461

Thread: Anyone want to shop at Target in Minneapolis today? (George Floyd police brutality death)

Load Metric
    Another great mumbles addition to the thread.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Looks like Crossfit is finished. Reebok just bailed

Name:  screen-shot-2020-06-07-at-2.30.32-pm.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  145.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Kind of funny actually, but I'm sure the people doing this are insufferable SJWs who actually cried when Trump was elected.
    I don’t think it’s funny at all. I can’t imagine disrespecting and taunting the people that I will eventually need help from. In what other situations is it acceptable to treat anyone like this? That picture is actually tame compared to the videos of people yelling and screaming directly in their face. These emotional idiots think things will end well acting like this?
    I've expressed my opinion about the police before. I don't feel they should ever be harassed.

At least these people seem to be doing it with humor though. The fishing pole with the doughnut on it doesn't actually cause any harm, nor does it say anything bad about the police in general.

If all protest was like this, I'd be fine with it. I'd also be fine with peaceful protest which DOES bash the police, even though I would disagree with the message.

Unfortunately, many think that "peaceful protesting" simply means "any protesting which doesn't seriously injure or kill someone."

Therefore, these idiots think that blocking roads/highways, throwing objects, burning buildings, destroying property, assaulting people, and looting qualify as "peaceful protest". That's a bunch of bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    CNN headline:

"Minneapolis City Council members intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department"

Here's the beginning of it:

Nine members of the Minneapolis City Council on Sunday announced they intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department following the police killing of George Floyd.

"We committed to dismantling policing as we know it in the city of Minneapolis and to rebuild with our community a new model of public safety that actually keeps our community safe," Council President Lisa Bender told CNN.

With nine votes the city council would have a veto-proof supermajority of the council's 13 members, Bender said.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/ge...day/index.html

Pretty sad that real news stories are starting to look like The Onion headlines.

LOL liberals

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I would love to see what a " a new model of public safety that actually keeps our community safe" looks like, though.

What happens in this new model when violent criminals commit violent crime? Do you leave them alone and send them a strongly worded letter, requesting they act a bit nicer?

I actually can't wait to see the delusional model they come up with. I need the laughs this year.

Load Metric
    CNN headline:

"Minneapolis City Council members intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department"

Nine members of the Minneapolis City Council on Sunday announced they intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department following the police killing of George Floyd.

"We committed to dismantling policing as we know it in the city of Minneapolis and to rebuild with our community a new model of public safety that actually keeps our community safe," Council President Lisa Bender told CNN.

With nine votes the city council would have a veto-proof supermajority of the council's 13 members, Bender said.

Pretty sad that real news stories are starting to look like The Onion headlines.

LOL liberals
    "THAT'S A CRAZY LEFT WING POLICY WE DON'T BELIEVE IN HERE ON PFA!, WE DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GETTING THESE CRAZY STORIES ABOUT THE LEFT, THEY AREN'T MAINSTREAM" - pfa liberals

Load Metric
    I would love to see what a " a new model of public safety that actually keeps our community safe" looks like, though.

What happens in this new model when violent criminals commit violent crime? Do you leave them alone and send them a strongly worded letter, requesting they act a bit nicer?

I actually can't wait to see the delusional model they come up with. I need the laughs this year.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 362
Size:  1.39 MB

Load Metric
    CNN headline:

LOL liberals
    You understand this is a pocket JJ hand which is always a loser. When you get back to the tables you will get branded as a Trump lover by the SJWs. You really just need to keep your mouth shut and not speak, otherwise it will be very uncomfortable at the tables for you when you can get back there after the pre-existing condition mania fades. Seriously, you are white and rich, very dangerous at the moment. You can be white or rich but not both.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: so you're white

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    CNN headline:

LOL liberals
    You understand this is a pocket JJ hand which is always a loser. When you get back to the tables you will get branded as a Trump lover by the SJWs. You really just need to keep your mouth shut and not speak, otherwise it will be very uncomfortable at the tables for you when you can get back there after the pre-existing condition mania fades. Seriously, you are white and rich, very dangerous at the moment. You can be white or rich but not both.
    I will just pretend I'm white and poor, and that I shot off my entire roll like 95% of poker pros do.

Problem solved.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From last week, but good to play to people when they say "blocking traffic is peaceful", "if you just stay in your car, you have nothing to worry about", or "protesters are only getting violent when police agitate them".

I wish I could see all these criminals shot dead.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From last week, but good to play to people when they say "blocking traffic is peaceful", "if you just stay in your car, you have nothing to worry about", or "protesters are only getting violent when police agitate them".

I wish I could see all these criminals shot dead.

this is one reason why i don't want to get a gun. i'm afraid i will have to use it, and obv have to pay the price standing up for myself, not to mention being hounded the rest of my life by one of the family members if i administer a fatal bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    pathetic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    sonatine how do you feel about that scene I posted in East San Jose?

Is that the police's fault, too?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

the dude has wandered into the land of mumbles with a sprinkle of fps russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Hey Drudge has a startling headline, neither Romney or Bush support Donald Trump! Exhilarating headline, especially since neither supported Trump in 2016. Drudge hates Trump now (if he still owns the site). But his content has been awful lately. I get he is pandering to get clicks, and is making tens of millions a year. But fuck, he is really just going after clicks rather than cutting edge content. I can't tell you how many times recently I have sent him links and he published them on his site, he has gotten lazy. He used to get information, now he is just an aggregator.
    he has always been an aggregator.

Diamond
    Load Metric

If I saw a crowd with weapons blocking a freeway, I would have hopped a U turn and been out the opposite direction.

Standing in traffic is the dumbest move.

Load Metric

Those people are fucking animals.

So my question to you is, what's going to be done to ensure this doesn't happen again?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Those people are fucking animals.

So my question to you is, what's going to be done to ensure this doesn't happen again?
    You can't ensure it won't happen again.

But here's what should be changed:

1) Weaken police unions, make it way easier to fire problem officers, require a national registry of officers fired for disciplinary reasons, and a requirement for all departments to consult that registry prior to any hiring.

2) City officials need to predict when certain viral incidents are going to cause widespread anger/panic and act quickly to calm people down. Minneapolis dragged their feet big time.

3) Define what can NOT occur at a "peaceful protest", and make everyone aware that they will be arrested for these things. Then arrest them when this stuff happens, before things get out of hand. Such behaviors should include: Road blocking (uness they have a permit to do so), inhibiting others' free movement, throwing objects, assault, vandalism, arson, and looting.

Thread Information