Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My top 5 restaurants of all time

Load Metric
    L’atelier @mgm is in my top 3.

Comments

Daly: Lot of great food at the mgm as I recall!

Load Metric
    I'm not a foodie by any stretch, but Peter Luger in nyc was one of the best steak experiences that i’ve had.

Load Metric
    im not going to lie... ive never had like real honest to god high end wagyu and because of that, i feel like any and all of my opinions on steaks = super dated.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I'm not a foodie by any stretch, but Peter Luger in nyc was one of the best steak experiences that i’ve had.
    I called there once and even took out $300 cash since I hear they do not take credit cards which is bizarre. I was given a time of 5:30. I was like you want me to drop $300 for a dinner that will last maybe 45 minutes? You know they want to flip the table so they rush you out of there before the $1,000 bottle of wine guys come in. I passed. I saw them profiled on the Food Channel and their steaks looked great, but I am not eating a $70 steak at 5:45pm. That is not high end eating. That is Muck Ficon territory at the Western Sizzler.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I called there once and even took out $300 cash since I hear they do not take credit cards which is bizarre. I was given a time of 5:30. I was like you want me to drop $300 for a dinner that will last maybe 45 minutes? You know they want to flip the table so they rush you out of there before the $1,000 bottle of wine guys come in. I passed. I saw them profiled on the Food Channel and their steaks looked great, but I am not eating a $70 steak at 5:45pm. That is not high end eating. That is Muck Ficon territory at the Western Sizzler.

Lmao. I would pay $3000 let alone $300 to eat the ass outta the guy in my avatar for 45 minutes. LOL @ not eating at Luger's

I once ate steak with a man with shoved down $400 worth of steak in 10.5 minutes.

Real secret is the burger they serve only for lunch. It's one of the best burgers I have ever tasted and that a lot since I've been to NYCWFF Burger Bash 3 years in a row. Its made from steak trimmings, so at $22 bucks, even Muck can afford.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Lmao. I would pay $3000 let alone $300 to eat the ass outta the guy in my avatar for 45 minutes. LOL @ not eating at Luger's

I once ate steak with a man with shoved down $400 worth of steak in 10.5 minutes.

Real secret is the burger they serve only for lunch. It's one of the best burgers I have ever tasted and that a lot since I've been to NYCWFF Burger Bash 3 years in a row. Its made from steak trimmings, so at $22 bucks, even Muck can afford.
    My problem with high end restaurants is I like to drink. A martini to start, with a glass of wine at dinner and a port with desert. That experience takes well over an hour, usually 90 minutes. Which if you are sitting at the bar, then ok you can hide. But a place with limited bar seating and you have to get a table by yourself you literally get pressured by the wait staff to leave after 45 minutes. I get it, especially in a big city like New York or Chicago they are salivating for a trader to walk in with his mistress and drop $3K, so they look at my $50 tip as a tip jar from a carnival food truck when the table next to them just tipped $500. The last high end place I ordered from I got my food in like 15 minutes and the waiter was literally throwing a desert menu in my face before I even finished my fish. I generally walk out unless I can hide at the bar and nurse a couple drinks before ordering. Of course the problem with eating at a bar when it gets crowded you always get someone hovering over your back trying to order a drink, and with the corona they are probably releasing the virus on your food.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Maybe the problem is you

Muck Ficon: Great post!!!

Load Metric

My problem with high end restaurants is I like to drink. A martini to start, with a glass of wine at dinner and a port with desert. That experience takes well over an hour, usually 90 minutes. Which if you are sitting at the bar, then ok you can hide. But a place with limited bar seating and you have to get a table by yourself you literally get pressured by the wait staff to leave after 45 minutes. I get it, especially in a big city like New York or Chicago they are salivating for a trader to walk in with his mistress and drop $3K, so they look at my $50 tip as a tip jar from a carnival food truck when the table next to them just tipped $500. The last high end place I ordered from I got my food in like 15 minutes and the waiter was literally throwing a desert menu in my face before I even finished my fish. I generally walk out unless I can hide at the bar and nurse a couple drinks before ordering. Of course the problem with eating at a bar when it gets crowded you always get someone hovering over your back trying to order a drink, and with the corona they are probably releasing the virus on your food.
    We have identified the problem. You are a loser who has nobody to go to restaurants with.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    You go to The Lobster when Blue Plate Oysterette is walking distance from that shit hole. Lol
    I went there once for lunch. Got the shrimp tacos, nothing remarkable about the place. I did see someone next to me get oysters and they did look good but it was lunchtime and I cannot eat oysters without a cold beer and I had to present later in the day so that was out. I am sure the place is good for dinner, but to call The Lobster a shit hole you are not being honest, probably never been there and just trolling.
    I've lived on the Westside of LA for over 20 years. Of course I've been there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    L’atelier @mgm is in my top 3.
    Bet it tastes better when it’s comped, eh?

Comments

Tellafriend: Is there any other way?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I might be wrong but white males who dine alone on avg are the highest tippers. So that staff should understand that.

At Lugers, there are alot of tourists and Asian ones at that because they go by Yelp reviews and like 70% consider that a religion. If I was a employee and had a choice between a single white male dining alone or an Asian couple, basing on the way they tip, id take the white guy all day.

Load Metric
    I like to dine at the Y.

Comments

Jayjami: Thinking OSA dines at the YMCA!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I might be wrong but white males who dine alone on avg are the highest tippers. So that staff should understand that.

At Lugers, there are alot of tourists and Asian ones at that because they go by Yelp reviews and like 70% consider that a religion. If I was a employee and had a choice between a single white male dining alone or an Asian couple, basing on the way they tip, id take the white guy all day.
    I am an agnostic tipper, in that I always tip 20%. Good service or bad service. Why 20% for bad service, who knows what is going on, maybe they were just diagnosed with cancer, maybe the chef is lazy and is sticking it to the server, who knows? I just know its mentally easier to just multiply every check I get by a 2 and generate the tip. Over time it evens out. What is the absolute nut low is when you see some guy using his calculator app on his phone to figure out a 15% tip on an $77 tab.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Have another drink. I'm sure the plumbing business will pick up soon!

Load Metric
    I would say that is a godly tipper, treating all with the same 💕 love.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I like to dine at the Y.
    Step hammers homeless twinks from the Y.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I like to dine at the Y.
    Step hammers homeless twinks from the Y.

Would never bring a homeless twink back to my place lol. I'm into getting fucked by a twink, not getting fucked over by one when they try to steal my shit

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    5. burger king
    4. mcdonalds
    3. white castle
    2. wendy's
    1. steak and shake

Load Metric
    what's the proper etiquette when dining alone? I once heard the proper way of doing it was to bring a hardcover with you.

Load Metric
    what's the proper etiquette when dining alone? I once heard the proper way of doing it was to bring a hardcover with you.
    Really depends young Krypt. If you are broke like Muck Ficon you just head to Golden Corral after not eating all day and scoop the buffet for 2,000 calories and get the foam box on the way out with chicken fingers and fries.

If you have money like myself here is the routine:

1) Always get a drink and nurse it for like 15 minutes and flag off the waiter when they are coming at you. Just say not ready yet. A Martini with two olives, gin

2) Get the menu and start with a high end appetizer, like mussels or a lump crab meat concoction

3) Get something other than a steak unless you are jonesing for it, try to look sophisticated and get the veal chop, rack of lamb, Dover Sole, etc..

4) Always have a glass of wine with your meal, stay away from a draft beer

5) Start talking loud when the waiter asks you a question so the others around you can see you are killing it

Sometimes you will get run out of the place early because they are trying to flip the table, but you get the point. Never act like the patron at the Golden Corral trying to stuff his face with as many calories as possible.

If you ever have to use the bathroom, sometimes in the high end restaurants they will literally walk with you to make sure you are going in the right direction. Say in a louder voice 'I got it pal' and find your way. It will gain you cred with other patrons.

Good luck.

Comments

Krypt: UNREAL

Muck Ficon: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Really depends young Krypt. If you are broke like Muck Ficon you just head to Golden Corral after not eating all day and scoop the buffet for 2,000 calories and get the foam box on the way out with chicken fingers and fries.

If you have money like myself here is the routine:

1) Always get a drink and nurse it for like 15 minutes and flag off the waiter when they are coming at you. Just say not ready yet. A Martini with two olives, gin

2) Get the menu and start with a high end appetizer, like mussels or a lump crab meat concoction

3) Get something other than a steak unless you are jonesing for it, try to look sophisticated and get the veal chop, rack of lamb, Dover Sole, etc..

4) Always have a glass of wine with your meal, stay away from a draft beer

5) Start talking loud when the waiter asks you a question so the others around you can see you are killing it

Sometimes you will get run out of the place early because they are trying to flip the table, but you get the point. Never act like the patron at the Golden Corral trying to stuff his face with as many calories as possible.

If you ever have to use the bathroom, sometimes in the high end restaurants they will literally walk with you to make sure you are going in the right direction. Say in a louder voice 'I got it pal' and find your way. It will gain you cred with other patrons.

Good luck.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    5. Splits kitchen.
    4. Splits kitchen.
    3. Splits kitchen.
    2. Splits kitchen.

And the winner is

1. SPLITS KITCHEN.

I thank all of you for this important award. Good healthy homemade food fuels your body and mind, enables your body to fight that silly virus out there, and give you boundless energy throughout the day.

Bows, throws kisses to all.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information