Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My top 5 restaurants of all time

Load Metric

My top 5 restaurants of all time

In this series, I will post my top 5 restaurants of all time. I was going to do a top 10 version, but who really wants to see 10 through 6. I am very fortunate I have the means to drop a couple hundred bucks out at dinner. Unfortunately most of these places are in states run by Democratic Governors so they could be forcibly closed to the point of bankruptcy which would he a fucking shame. I really ought to have a show on the Food Network.

Comments

WillieMcFML: this will be a great thread

Walter Sobchak: this will be a great thread for showing how ignorant bottomset is

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric
    #5: The Lobster Santa Monica Pier.

This place is ridiculous. First the atmosphere is the best overlooking the Pier, and the food is sensational. Ironically even though it's called The Lobster I never have eaten lobster there. I have been there four times, and my most memorable dish were mussels for an appetizer and for an entree it was grilled salmon over asparagus and potatoes. Mixes well with a nice glass of Chardonnay. First time I was there Lindsey Lohan was in the place.

https://thelobster.com/thelobster

Comments

Walter Sobchak: overrated

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    #5: The Lobster Santa Monica Pier.

This place is ridiculous. First the atmosphere is the best overlooking the Pier, and the food is sensational. Ironically even though it's called The Lobster I never have eaten lobster there. I have been there four times, and my most memorable dish were mussels for an appetizer and for an entree it was grilled salmon over asparagus and potatoes. Mixes well with a nice glass of Chardonnay. First time I was there Lindsey Lohan was in the place.

https://thelobster.com/thelobster

Name:  86922bc783597018eea699627d68ecdd.png
Views: 428
Size:  84.3 KB

Load Metric
    #4 Hyde Park Columbus, Ohio

A staple of mine when I travel to Ohio. The steaks here are among the best in the country. I remember this place fondly because I went there the day I got a call and found out what I was thought was cancer turned out to be a false alarm. I have been here 7 or 8 times over the years. I always get the crab cake as an appetizer and well, this is the entree:

The Garlic Steak 14oz New York Strip, roasted cloves of garlic, mushrooms, garlic butter

http://www.hydeparkrestaurants.com/menus/index.htm

Comments

Walter Sobchak: a good steak needs nothing but salt pepper and possibly butter

Load Metric
    #4 Hyde Park Columbus, Ohio

A staple of mine when I travel to Ohio. The steaks here are among the best in the country. I remember this place fondly because I went there the day I got a call and found out what I was thought was cancer turned out to be a false alarm. I have been here 7 or 8 times over the years. I always get the crab cake as an appetizer and well, this is the entree:

The Garlic Steak 14oz New York Strip, roasted cloves of garlic, mushrooms, garlic butter

http://www.hydeparkrestaurants.com/menus/index.htm

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.03.40 PM.png
Views: 380
Size:  65.0 KB

Load Metric
    We already know your real top 5:
    5. Chipotle
    4. Panda Express
    3. Olive Garden
    2. Red Lobster
    1. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (special occasions only)

Comments

GrenadaRoger: rep the four basic food groups & the special

WillieMcFML: forgot outback

Load Metric
    #3 Banderas, Brentwood CA

Sticking with Wilshire Blvd, Banderas is top shelf. They have a piano player and it's casual dining. It's a place you can go for Happy Hour and stay until 10pm. True story, I was staying at the airport and got so hammered I literally stumbled to the Days Inn a mile away. Missed my flight the next day and I had to eat the change fare for a new flight, plus the cost of the hotel. Even though it was a low rent Days Inn, because it was in Santa Monica it was nearly $200. Grilled artichokes and French dip is the winner.

https://banderarestaurants.com/locations/brentwood/#

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you too are a dip

Load Metric
    #3 Banderas, Brentwood CA

Sticking with Wilshire Blvd, Banderas is top shelf. They have a piano player and it's casual dining. It's a place you can go for Happy Hour and stay until 10pm. True story, I was staying at the airport and got so hammered I literally stumbled to the Days Inn a mile away. Missed my flight the next day and I had to eat the change fare for a new flight, plus the cost of the hotel. Even though it was a low rent Days Inn, because it was in Santa Monica it was nearly $200. Grilled artichokes and French dip is the winner.

https://banderarestaurants.com/locations/brentwood/#
    Not a photoshop. This really is what comes up when you search for the image. Enjoy your "$200" fast food

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.18.16 PM.png
Views: 403
Size:  63.5 KB

Comments

WillieMcFML: lul

Load Metric
    #2: Joe's downtown Chicago

Gold standard of seafood places and it's not even close. I have been probably 10 times. I always sit in the bar area, and the stone crabs are the best on the planet, Alaskan king crab a close second. I follow it up with the Mahi tacos only because I am like 70% stuffed from the crab it would be impossible to get a full entree. Place is without a doubt worth the $300 if you go there with a date.

https://www.joes.net/chicago/

Comments

Walter Sobchak: stone crab is great

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't wait for the next Yelp or google screen shot.

Great thread!! Great thread!!

Load Metric
    #1; Smith and Wollensky, New York City, Midtown

Probably the top steakhouse in New York. The last couple times I had the lamp chops, medium rare which is simply amazing. They also have a veal chop there that is amazing and Dover Sole, here again amazing.

The star though is the hashbrowns. They are extra crispy and a perfect compliment to a high end entree.

https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/menu/

Comments

Walter Sobchak: They look burnt

Load Metric
    Well, that concludes the list. I hope you had as much fun reading this as I did compiling it. Hopefully one day you can visit one of the finer establishments.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Hopefully one day you will visit a finer establishment too

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can't wait for the next Yelp or google screen shot.

Great thread!! Great thread!!
    He does have a certain flair for making shit up doesn't he.

Utter faggot.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    #1; Smith and Wollensky, New York City, Midtown

Probably the top steakhouse in New York. The last couple times I had the lamp chops, medium rare which is simply amazing. They also have a veal chop there that is amazing and Dover Sole, here again amazing.

The star though is the hashbrowns. They are extra crispy and a perfect compliment to a high end entree.

https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/menu/

Name:  43a7a306c1885479dcd962ca53e9e25c.png
Views: 377
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  44a8912264a43a4dc59d7da95a7920fd.png
Views: 376
Size:  639.9 KB

Load Metric
    #2: Joe's downtown Chicago

Gold standard of seafood places and it's not even close. I have been probably 10 times. I always sit in the bar area, and the stone crabs are the best on the planet, Alaskan king crab a close second. I follow it up with the Mahi tacos only because I am like 70% stuffed from the crab it would be impossible to get a full entree. Place is without a doubt worth the $300 if you go there with a date.

https://www.joes.net/chicago/

I definitely think of the midwest when I think about the best seafood on Earth.

Pretty uninspired fake list. At least mix in some ethnic foods into your fantasies, vomit bucket.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Ill give you S&W but the fact that you don't think or better yet, haven't been to a fine dining place that's in your top 5 is sad.

I wonder if it'll be much easier to get a reserv at places like 11 Mad/Le Bernandin/Jean Georges once they open back up. I would have to assume all the 60+ geriatrics that used to go are now dead or out of NY

Load Metric
    You go to The Lobster when Blue Plate Oysterette is walking distance from that shit hole. Lol

Load Metric
    Hilarious to see people who actually know what a good restaurant is pick that shit list apart.

If those are the top 5 I wonder what 6-10 were. The fucking hot dog roller at 7-11?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Ill give you S&W but the fact that you don't think or better yet, haven't been to a fine dining place that's in your top 5 is sad.

I wonder if it'll be much easier to get a reserv at places like 11 Mad/Le Bernandin/Jean Georges once they open back up. I would have to assume all the 60+ geriatrics that used to go are now dead or out of NY
    The only other significant place I have ever been in NYC is Quality Meats, I think on 58th street in the meat packing district. I went there several times, last time about 3 years ago. When I used to go to NYC I would stay at the Hilton in Times Square and just walk around and find a local pizza place to be honest. It's tough to find good thin crust pizza anymore so I always took advantage. Not sure why the rest of country does not sell pizza by the slice. Same with the street side hot dog vendors, just can't find that stuff anymore.

I also went to a nice steakhouse in Brooklyn, but I cannot remember the name. It was great though. I got a rack of lamb.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: thin crust pizza

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    You go to The Lobster when Blue Plate Oysterette is walking distance from that shit hole. Lol
    I went there once for lunch. Got the shrimp tacos, nothing remarkable about the place. I did see someone next to me get oysters and they did look good but it was lunchtime and I cannot eat oysters without a cold beer and I had to present later in the day so that was out. I am sure the place is good for dinner, but to call The Lobster a shit hole you are not being honest, probably never been there and just trolling.

Thread Information