Thread: Signatures can't have big fonts anymore (attention SPIT This)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Signatures can't have big fonts anymore (attention SPIT This)

I would like to thank SPIT This for exposing a long-running vulnerability in the readability of the PFA forums.

I had never noticed before that fonts could be made especially large in signatures, which makes the signature look abnormally large and becomes distracting when reading threads.

Thanks to SPIT This making a giant font signature advertising sonatine's stockamets forum, I learned of this vulnerability and fixed it.

Now all font changes have been disabled in signatures for everyone. I would have done this back in 2012 if I had been aware of this problem.

SPIT This erroneously claims in his current signature that I deleted it. That's false. I did not delete his signature. He's welcome to put it back exactly as it was before, albeit without the font change (since that won't work now).

In case he doesn't, I would like to tell everyone about https://stockamets.com which is sonatine's new forum about investments and stock trading.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Daniel D. Druff

Comments

sonatine: <3

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I would like to thank SPIT This for exposing a long-running vulnerability in the readability of the PFA forums.

I had never noticed before that fonts could be made especially large in signatures, which makes the signature look abnormally large and becomes distracting when reading threads.

Thanks to SPIT This making a giant font signature advertising sonatine's stockamets forum, I learned of this vulnerability and fixed it.

Now all font changes have been disabled in signatures for everyone. I would have done this back in 2012 if I had been aware of this problem.

SPIT This erroneously claims in his current signature that I deleted it. That's false. I did not delete his signature. He's welcome to put it back exactly as it was before, albeit without the font change (since that won't work now).

In case he doesn't, I would like to tell everyone about https://stockamets.com which is sonatine's new forum about investments and stock trading.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Daniel D. Druff

Load Metric
    7th tier investment site run at a loss

Load Metric

Sincerely,

Daniel D. Druff

This is a selfless gesture performed out of respect and loyalty and does not go unnoticed by me. Druff has a code.

Why Sonatine decided to start his site is a legit question. My own speculation (lol) revolves around tine’s desire to express his own forum admin philosophy. I don’t ever see Sonatine and Druff sharing publishing rights. I wish it could be otherwise. Their creative differences are far too great. Yet Sonatine has always demonstrated respect for Druff’s game if not his ideas.

It’s a unique pairing. Don’t break up the band.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Sincerely,

Daniel D. Druff

This is a selfless gesture performed out of respect and loyalty and does not go unnoticed by me. Druff has a code.

Why Sonatine decided to start his site is a legit question. My own speculation (lol) revolves around tine’s desire to express his own forum admin philosophy. I don’t ever see Sonatine and Druff sharing publishing rights. I wish it could be otherwise. Their creative differences are far too great. Yet Sonatine has always demonstrated respect for Druff’s game if not his ideas.

stop being dramatic.

i wanted a mouth breather free sosh media forum to discuss advantage trading and nothing but, so i built one.

this is a free speech forum with a broad range. different animals.

Comments

BCR: [plain]You’ve got me studying. I’ve always let the pros handle my money. I have too much gamble. I’m studying though. My lack of a tech background hurts in today’s economy. When I get to the I can ask a question that isn’t retarded part,
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Sincerely,

Daniel D. Druff

He does. I’ve had many people through the years wonder why I don’t ever pile on druff. For one, the whole community only exists because of him. Plus I grew up understanding what you’re a guest meant. I’ll disagree with him on politics, but I respect that he puts in effort to keep a place going that I enjoy that I wouldn’t put in.

Micon created it, but it would have withered and died without Druff. There was a time during the great civil war breakup of donkdown where Micon badly took the temperature of the room. It was a short battle .
    Micon was likable, but lazy. He ignored the place. I remember being legit angry and wanting to slap him when he thought ousting Todd was the answer.

So I’m sure I’ve made him cringe many times with posts, and he certainly has me. He has a black and white view on certain issues that befuddles me, but he has a code as you say. He has a far longer leash than I ever would. Something about growing up as a southern cal republican created a bunker mentality. He’s kind of the champion of the underdog here even if the underdog deserves all the kicking he’s getting. As a forum moderator, he’s a bleeding heart liberal as far as providing refuge to the absolutely worthless.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

stop being dramatic.

i wanted a mouth breather free sosh media forum to discuss advantage trading and nothing but, so i built one.

this is a free speech forum with a broad range. different animals.
    You should publish that as your charter. It was never clear to me that stockamets was to be single purpose machine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    I guess I saw these before but just deleted them because they were only occasional.

For some reason, this time SPIT This gave me inspiration to look into just preventing large fonts from being used, and it took like 2 minutes to do.

So I thank him profusely.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    I guess I saw these before but just deleted them because they were only occasional.

For some reason, this time SPIT This gave me inspiration to look into just preventing large fonts from being used, and it took like 2 minutes to do.

So I thank him profusely.
    What did it say?

Load Metric
    YOU'VE EMBARRASSED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, WITTLES!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

He does. I’ve had many people through the years wonder why I don’t ever pile on druff. For one, the whole community only exists because of him. Plus I grew up understanding what you’re a guest meant. I’ll disagree with him on politics, but I respect that he puts in effort to keep a place going that I enjoy that I wouldn’t put in.

Micon created it, but it would have withered and died without Druff. There was a time during the great civil war breakup of donkdown where Micon badly took the temperature of the room. It was a short battle .
    Micon was likable, but lazy. He ignored the place. I remember being legit angry and wanting to slap him when he thought ousting Todd was the answer.

So I’m sure I’ve made him cringe many times with posts, and he certainly has me. He has a black and white view on certain issues that befuddles me, but he has a code as you say. He has a far longer leash than I ever would. Something about growing up as a southern cal republican created a bunker mentality. He’s kind of the champion of the underdog here even if the underdog deserves all the kicking he’s getting. As a forum moderator, he’s a bleeding heart liberal as far as providing refuge to the absolutely worthless.
    Well, thank you.

I've said many times that I always enjoy your posts, and even the ones I disagree with (usually the political ones) are at least well reasoned. Even in the political realm, I've appreciated that you have essentially remained consistent in your views, and haven't gone the SJW route, nor do you make excuses for them or downplay their awfulness.

I do want to mention that, regardless of what anyone thinks of me and my moderation decisions, I have been dedicated to this little eighth tier community for over 15 years, and the decisions I make here are mostly based upon what I feel is best for the site. Also, given that I'm a semi-known poker pro, I have to see people in person in live cardrooms, and sometimes get questioned about the stuff that goes on in this portion of the forum. There have been several times when people have taken me to task for allowing posts with racism, homophobia, and other politically incorrect material, and I explain every time that it's a free speech forum, where I don't remove people's opinions, even offensive ones. This inevitably provokes a short free-speech-versus-decency debate, and of course nobody changes the other's mind, and both end it feeling frustrated. Still, I want this to be a place where people freely express themselves, and that's important to me. It's also why I don't ban people for bashing me, unless it's relentless and becomes the primary reason they're here.

My desire to have a free speech forum sprung from early experiences as a teenager on BBSes in the mid-1980s, as these were small systems run by wannabe-tyrants, who made Mason look like a laid back guy. After being banned very quickly on several of them, I found a few more oriented toward free speech, posted on those, and then eventually ran my own with the same concept. Ever since then, freedom of expression, especially online, has been important to me.

By the way, California was once Republican territory -- in fact, it was while I was growing up. Sure, Hollywood was liberal, but didn't feel out of place being a Republican in California until I went to college, and then quickly the entire state changed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding sonatine, he has contributed a lot of very good content to the forum over the years.

I don't have a monopoly on running sites in this community. My attitude toward sites run by other PFA members is, "If you treat this site with respect, I will treat yours with respect."

I don't allow outright spam on this site, but if a longtime forum contributor wants to promote his own website, even if it's a forum, that's fine with me.

sonatine and I have a lot of differences in opinion and approach at times. We do have a little bit in common -- we're both white guys around the same age, with a tech background which goes way back. The one tie we met in person (almost a decade ago now), we got along.

Anyway, I hope his new forum works out, and I will probably register an account over there myself soon.

Load Metric
    i just wish splitthis wouldn't have become the queen of team retard so sonatine wouldn't have started his own site.

Load Metric
    blakes going to keep this up until splitthis bangs kwame.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information