Thread: School me on Hot Spot for the home internet

Load Metric

Question School me on Hot Spot for the home internet

Hello, dont post here much, but wanted to ask for some suggestions and please save the silly responses, I just want some quick info. My mother lives out in a rural area in Nor Cal and currently has a DSL modem (slow-dem) at her house. I would like to upgrade to a Hot Spot device and dont have alot of info on them. Like should I buy a new device or maybe a used on off of ebay. What service is best as the neighbor has ATT and likes it. My Sprint iphone hot spot actually works well, but probably not as nice as Verizon. She currently has ATT on the modem, so I am thinking a simple switch in her plan would be ideal and looks to be cheaper.

Any advice on service or equipment would be appreciated. Thank you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Hello, dont post here much, but wanted to ask for some suggestions and please save the silly responses, I just want some quick info. My mother lives out in a rural area in Nor Cal and currently has a DSL modem (slow-dem) at her house. I would like to upgrade to a Hot Spot device and dont have alot of info on them. Like should I buy a new device or maybe a used on off of ebay. What service is best as the neighbor has ATT and likes it. My Sprint iphone hot spot actually works well, but probably not as nice as Verizon. She currently has ATT on the modem, so I am thinking a simple switch in her plan would be ideal and looks to be cheaper.

Buy new, look at the coverage maps by the top carriers in that area, buy best rated/coverage service. Probably going to be Verizon

Load Metric

I can figure out your problem in one paragraph. However if your Mom is a Gavin Newsom supporter, I am sorry but I cannot assist.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Another amazing post!

splitthis:

Diamond
    Load Metric

Sure thing. Love to help. Quick question though to help me answer your query. Do you have a son between the ages of 16-25? Does he have a tiktok? If so, please PM me his username.

TIA.

Comments

Tellafriend: keepin it real

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I can figure out your problem in one paragraph. However if your Mom is a Gavin Newsom supporter, I am sorry but I cannot assist.
    No, she is not a Gavin supporter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Sure thing. Love to help. Quick question though to help me answer your query. Do you have a son between the ages of 16-25? Does he have a tiktok? If so, please PM me his username.

TIA.
    No and No.

Comments

OSA: all i need is one yes

Thread Information