Thread: If you have received an "Online Degree"... <----- LOL

Load Metric

If you have received an "Online Degree"... <----- LOL

You are a monumental loser and flushed down a lot of money, online degrees do not count for any employer. What it means is you were a dipshit coming out of high school and could not get accepted to any college, or poor, one or the other. I have been watching these Southern New Hampshire commercials what seems like for years now. Obviously these commercials prey on the most vulnerable, poor people looking to get a fucking plaque on their wall. Who the fuck with any decency would put Southern New Hampshire on their resume? I'd put Stay At Home Dad as credentials before I ever put that shit on a resume, and that is the nut low.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Good post!

dwai:

Muck Ficon: Great post!

LegalizeMeth: haha my ex went there

Tellafriend: Correct

Walter Sobchak: sounds like someone got his plumbing cert from an online school

Sam Snead: you need to help flush down some more turds

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    You are a monumental loser and flushed down a lot of money, online degrees do not count for any employer. What it means is you were a dipshit coming out of high school and could not get accepted to any college, or poor, one or the other. I have been watching these Southern New Hampshire commercials what seems like for years now. Obviously these commercials prey on the most vulnerable, poor people looking to get a fucking plaque on their wall. Who the fuck with any decency would put Southern New Hampshire on their resume? I'd put Stay At Home Dad as credentials before I ever put that shit on a resume, and that is the nut low.

Straight loling, one of my friends wives got an online degree and online masters in accounting. She’s now one of the VPs for a hospital system now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    LOL I remember this, and their other cringe ones as well

Load Metric
    Name:  f56ae71.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  120.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Shit I always thought NAU was Northern Arizona University.. My one cousin who lives in Colorado went there..

Load Metric
    JFC your a nut low Tgull lately.. I know plenty of folks whove done onlne degrees they dont have time to sit the fuck in college classes while working full time dumbass its the reality of the new world man.. Colleges have adapted to technology.. Hell my old man got his BS and MBA traditionally but his Second Masters which was in Systems Management was online through USC when we were all living in Miami FL at the time.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: he is the nut low

Load Metric

Load Metric
    You don't even need to attend an online university. If you pay your "tuition" you get a worthless degree. It's a mill factory.

I get the anecdotal example of the one lady rising to VP level, but she would have done so anyway. Just about everyone else is buying a dream, but the reality is an online degree is worthless and rarely leads to anything other than a plaque and a ton of debt. You generally go to college for the life experience and the life contacts you form, never the curriculum. LOL at educating yourself sitting at an online classroom in your living room. Half the fucking people are hammered anyway while "attending". It's a total joke.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you're actually right but you're a massive douche

splitthis: If he deserves green just give it wally

Load Metric
    You don't even need to attend an online university. If you pay your "tuition" you get a worthless degree. It's a mill factory.

I get the anecdotal example of the one lady rising to VP level, but she would have done so anyway. Just about everyone else is buying a dream, but the reality is an online degree is worthless and rarely leads to anything other than a plaque and a ton of debt. You generally go to college for the life experience and the life contacts you form, never the curriculum. LOL at educating yourself sitting at an online classroom in your living room. Half the fucking people are hammered anyway while "attending". It's a total joke.
    This is one of the few times you're right.

Question for you: Trump's online "university" was every bit as fraudulent as the others. Yet you called him the greatest world leader since Churchill. Do you think Churchill would have scammed people with a fake university?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Ok so are you saying major institutions of higher learning offering online degrees are diploma mills? Ya know I dunno places like USC, UNLV, ASU and others that are actual major D-I colleges?? Wtf man step the fuck away from the keyboard man you just destroyed any damn credibility you’ve had.

Load Metric
    Getting any degree any way is better than being a government supported baby maker loser.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Some employers require certain certifications and degrees to apply. It is a formality, but it is a strict one. Assuming that the online stuff is accredited and cheap, it can be beneficial.

For example, certain govt jobs require HS diploma/AD/BA. Cheap online accredited school can help check off one application requirement.

In certain jobs, pay increases as one earns degrees. For example, many school districts automatically give raises as their teachers get higher and higher degrees. They don't care if it's Harvard or University of Internet, as long as it is accredited.

Lots of people teach English abroad and lots of countries require BA degree and Tefl certification. Actual employers don't care, but it is a strict requirement to get the visa and job. Cheap online accredited schools will work just as well as sitting in class for 4 years.

It is easy to laugh at people that don't know any better, but how is someone whose parents are not educated and their peers are not college material supposed to know? They get conflicting information. This is how also how kids get roped into 100K Film Schools and Art and Psychology degrees.

Just as you are thinking that these people are dumb, there is someone out there more successful than you that is looking at you thinking the choices you are making are dumb.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by apwiz View Post
    Some employers require certain certifications and degrees to apply. It is a formality, but it is a strict one. Assuming that the online stuff is accredited and cheap, it can be beneficial.

For example, certain govt jobs require HS diploma/AD/BA. Cheap online accredited school can help check off one application requirement.

In certain jobs, pay increases as one earns degrees. For example, many school districts automatically give raises as their teachers get higher and higher degrees. They don't care if it's Harvard or University of Internet, as long as it is accredited.

Lots of people teach English abroad and lots of countries require BA degree and Tefl certification. Actual employers don't care, but it is a strict requirement to get the visa and job. Cheap online accredited schools will work just as well as sitting in class for 4 years.

It is easy to laugh at people that don't know any better, but how is someone whose parents are not educated and their peers are not college material supposed to know? They get conflicting information. This is how also how kids get roped into 100K Film Schools and Art and Psychology degrees.

Just as you are thinking that these people are dumb, there is someone out there more successful than you that is looking at you thinking the choices you are making are dumb.
    Decent post. However, outside of the anecdotal example, nobody takes online degrees seriously, they are a mill factory and you write a check you get a degree. I have a buddy who is a bartender at a high end restaurant, he pulls in over $100K a year, he is about 40 and started at Fridays when he was 21. He just worked his way up the foodchain. I asked him a while back about bartending school because I saw a literal bartender school in a strip center, I never knew those existed. He basically said those people get laughed at when they put that on an application.

An online "college" degree is really the same thing. It's like a chiropractor referring to himself as a doctor, they just get laughed at behind their back.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Much like the way people laugh at you, but to your face

Muck Ficon: Tell us more about your craigslist plumbing business...

Thread Information