Thread: Easiest and cheapest way to get legitimate windows 10 key?

Load Metric

Easiest and cheapest way to get legitimate windows 10 key?

Just picked up a steal of a deal on a friends computer (essentially giving away (1k USD) his computer cause he games too much).

i7-8700k, 6 core, 12 thread cpu
    32 GB ddr4 ram
    2080 ti -
    1 tb samsung 970 plus m.2 drive -
    asus wifi card -
    power backup -
    elite controller -
    asus 4k monitor -
    das keyboard -
    steel series mouse -
    webcam/yeti microphone

Problem is when he wiped it it seems like he can't get windows back on and can't find a key.

I have a legitimate windows 10 USB for my current computer with key (not OEM).

Can I use this key for my new computer (I'll be adding my old HD so the computer gonna just sit in my basement anyways)? Is there anyway to deactivate the windows on my original computer and then use it on the new one?

If I have to buy a new legitimate copy of windows 10 what the cheapest and easiest way to do it?

Thanks

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: gpu alone is 1000 bucks nh

sonatine: gpu alone is 1000 bucks nh

Ryback_feed_me_more: Shit son.. Play it like you stole it cause you did..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Just picked up a steal of a deal on a friends computer (essentially giving away (1k USD) his computer cause he games too much).

i7-8700k, 6 core, 12 thread cpu
    32 GB ddr4 ram
    2080 ti -
    1 tb samsung 970 plus m.2 drive -
    asus wifi card -
    power backup -
    elite controller -
    asus 4k monitor -
    das keyboard -
    steel series mouse -
    webcam/yeti microphone

Problem is when he wiped it it seems like he can't get windows back on and can't find a key.

I have a legitimate windows 10 USB for my current computer with key (not OEM).

Can I use this key for my new computer (I'll be adding my old HD so the computer gonna just sit in my basement anyways)? Is there anyway to deactivate the windows on my original computer and then use it on the new one?

If I have to buy a new legitimate copy of windows 10 what the cheapest and easiest way to do it?

Thanks
    Install the USB you have. You'll get a series of numbers and letter when you install and verify windows. Ring the number on that page and tell them you've upgraded.
    Don't use the old computer again.

Comments

BetCheckBet:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On a semi-related note, my laptop (from November 2015) is having monitor flickering issues (hardware problem) and also is starting to do the old computer "wheeze" where the fan kicks on a lot.

Otherwise still works well, bu it's time to get a new one.

HP supposedly had a Memorial Day "55% off" sale, but it's bullshit. The same laptop I bought for my girlfriend in December is $250 more now.

LOL "sale"

I'll wait.

Load Metric
    I have bought a few OEM keys on ebay and they work well.

Comments

BetCheckBet:

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    make a windows 10 thumb drive from microsoft.com, install windows 10, say no to everything, make a local account not a microsoft account, go to ebay.com and buy a windows 10 key for 5 bucks

Comments

BetCheckBet:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    On a semi-related note, my laptop (from November 2015) is having monitor flickering issues (hardware problem) and also is starting to do the old computer "wheeze" where the fan kicks on a lot.

HP supposedly had a Memorial Day "55% off" sale, but it's bullshit. The same laptop I bought for my girlfriend in December is $250 more now.

LOL "sale"

I'll wait.
    Too bad I didn;t know this he was selling this monitor for about 225$ USD. I'd already dropped about 2k$ on buying his stuff so it was hard to add this in. I'm certainly not going to buy something at friend price to resell though so let someone else take it.
    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...black/13013174

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    make a windows 10 thumb drive from microsoft.com, install windows 10, say no to everything, make a local account not a microsoft account, go to ebay.com and buy a windows 10 key for 5 bucks
    Or just don't buy a key. After a month it will occasionally ask you to register, and there will be a small watermark on desktop. Nothing important won't work.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

LOL "sale"

I'll wait.
    If the fan is kicking in too much it is likely that the you have dust and other shit in the fan duct. Take the back off the laptop and give the fan a good blast with a compressed air duster

Comments

zealanddonk: hes got a masters in computing rep
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    go take advantage of your addict "friend"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Or just don't buy a key. After a month it will occasionally ask you to register, and there will be a small watermark on desktop. Nothing important won't work.
    So this is actually correct. I can’t personalize windows but otherwise runs fine. Watermark is annoying but barely visible as monitor 32 inches. But likely may look for cheap key in future.

Also reason I got good price is that he is moving to west coast and wants to unload computer so he can actually go out and meet people as young professional in new city. He knows I’m a gamer too so wanted me to have it for cheap.

Thread Information