Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Perkins claims that several famous poker pros have been cheating, says this scandal will make Postle scandal seem small by comparison

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you play on apps you deserve to be cheated ... lol

Load Metric
    So, what did Druff say about it on radio?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    If you play on apps you deserve to be cheated ... lol
    If you play on the internet you play on apps.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BP wanted attention ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By Srsly:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Well it has now just been outed that it is Jungleman

https://twitter.com/DanBilzerian?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Such a shame !

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty007 View Post
    Well it has now just been outed that it is Jungleman

https://twitter.com/DanBilzerian?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Such a shame !
    Bilzerian deleted the tweets. What a total shit show.

https://twitter.com/bp22/status/1264999271255982081

Durr realizing that he won’t be hearing about the Durr Challenge anymore the big winner here. Jungleman being narced out by a guy who “allegedly” cleaned most of his Father’s money by saying he won it playing poker pretty surreal.
    Last edited by JeffDime; 05-25-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's the now deleted tweet in question. I deleted the phone number (in the contact he posted) because I don't want that spread around until this guy is surely guiilty.

Name:  jungle1.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  52.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It should also be noted that Jungleman escaped relatively unscathed from the Lock Poker Girah scandal of 2012, where Girah's account won a contest to "win a WSOP Main Event seat" by having $100k worth of chips dumped to him on the final day of the contest, and Lock tried to be complicit in it.

Turned out Haseeb "Dogishead" Qureshi was the one dumping the chips.

It also turned out that Haseeb and Jungleman were in cahoots to play on Girah's account all along, basically using Girah as a sockpuppet whom the plan was to promote as the next big thing in poker. Jungleman's exact culpability was never known, but he was definitely involved in the whole thing, but Haseeb took most of the brunt of it because he was the one who actually dumped the chips to Girah, and then subsequently lied about it repeatedly.

In short, it's not at all surprising to hear that Jungleman is accused of using a fish's account to trick people into playing him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It should also be noted that Jungleman escaped relatively unscathed from the Lock Poker Girah scandal of 2012, where Girah's account won a contest to "win a WSOP Main Event seat" by having $100k worth of chips dumped to him on the final day of the contest, and Lock tried to be complicit in it.

Turned out Haseeb "Dogishead" Qureshi was the one dumping the chips.

It also turned out that Haseeb and Jungleman were in cahoots to play on Girah's account all along, basically using Girah as a sockpuppet whom the plan was to promote as the next big thing in poker. Jungleman's exact culpability was never known, but he was definitely involved in the whole thing, but Haseeb took most of the brunt of it because he was the one who actually dumped the chips to Girah, and then subsequently lied about it repeatedly.

In short, it's not at all surprising to hear that Jungleman is accused of using a fish's account to trick people into playing him.

So, Druff, what do you think the fallout from this will be?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jungle's statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleman
    I'd like to address the allegations posed by Dan Bilzerian in this now deleted tweet. I could not do so earlier due to legal advice and financial matters.

To be clear, I started playing with Sina (his last name is not Taleb, for the record) on may 8th and ultimately played very few sessions, none of which were against Dan Bilzerian as claimed.

I played very few hands against Bill Perkins, who sat in a game I understood was rampant with professionals who were ghosting. I thought since many on the site were using pros to play for them (which was clear by the uniquely high level of play) at the time it felt acceptable for me to be playing. Unfortunately Bill got caught in the crossfire and I'm very sorry for that.

While I don't think it's fair that I’ve been singled out for something many were much more guilty of, I accept that as a role model for the poker community my punishment should be disproportionate compared to a normal player. I hold myself to a high standard of ethics and aspire to be devoid of inequity, but I still make mistakes and am sorry for my actions. I will do my best to behave better in the future.

I'd also like to give gratitude to my friends and the people that supported me on the internet and other communications. Your efforts were vital to mitigating this situation and I appreciate your concern for me. Special thanks to Nick Schulman who contacted me to make sure I was ok and started the #Freejungle movement. If anyone else believes in my integrity and that I should not be lambasted over the internet, I would appreciate any support and will appreciate it especially if I know you.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Buzzfeed Perkins is just trying to get some attention.

As for what makes a big cheating scandal, Postle drama is only big because it's good TV and there's footage of it. Otherwise, there are very few victims and there is very little money involved. Tons of poker scandals over the years that are bigger than 250K.

In this day and age, it takes a special kind of sucker to listen to some shill and sign up on some "private app" operated by unknowns, playing who-knows-who and hoping that the local shill/bookie will pay out out if you win. Online poker is hard and people are desperate and people have smartphones: it doesn't take any techie miracles to set up a conference call and profitably collude.

Load Metric
    There is probably more to what actually happened on this shady ass app. I will say it’s not really a defense to say others are doing it and that’s why I did as well. I don’t like it when people say I just happen to be the one who got caught. Bottom line is you got caught. Is it really that hard to just apologize?

In the scheme of things this is probably analogous to a speeding ticket but like I said there is probably more to it. I am curious to see how Jason Koon is being looked at by his fellow high stakes pros. Did he just break an unwritten rule or did he do the right thing?

All and all massive over reaction by Perkins. I refuse to believe he thought every member on this app was going to play ethically. The fallout will be interesting to see. My guess is this evaporates into the ether within a week or so given no new major revelations.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In addition to the Girah scandal, Jungleman may have had a part in this scandal involving cheating Doug Polk in 2013:

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/...mput-16065.htm

Definitely don't trust the guy.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    In addition to the Girah scandal, Jungleman may have had a part in this scandal involving cheating Doug Polk in 2013:

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/...mput-16065.htm

Definitely don't trust the guy.
    It makes you wonder if Tom Dwan had info on Jungleman, allowing Tom to get out of that big match they had back in the day.
    Last edited by donkeykilla; 05-27-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Load Metric
    Jungle's statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleman
    I'd like to address the allegations posed by Dan Bilzerian in this now deleted tweet. I could not do so earlier due to legal advice and financial matters.

To be clear, I started playing with Sina (his last name is not Taleb, for the record) on may 8th and ultimately played very few sessions, none of which were against Dan Bilzerian as claimed.

I played very few hands against Bill Perkins, who sat in a game I understood was rampant with professionals who were ghosting. I thought since many on the site were using pros to play for them (which was clear by the uniquely high level of play) at the time it felt acceptable for me to be playing. Unfortunately Bill got caught in the crossfire and I'm very sorry for that.

While I don't think it's fair that I’ve been singled out for something many were much more guilty of, I accept that as a role model for the poker community my punishment should be disproportionate compared to a normal player. I hold myself to a high standard of ethics and aspire to be devoid of inequity, but I still make mistakes and am sorry for my actions. I will do my best to behave better in the future.

I'd also like to give gratitude to my friends and the people that supported me on the internet and other communications. Your efforts were vital to mitigating this situation and I appreciate your concern for me. Special thanks to Nick Schulman who contacted me to make sure I was ok and started the #Freejungle movement. If anyone else believes in my integrity and that I should not be lambasted over the internet, I would appreciate any support and will appreciate it especially if I know you.
    So Jungleman is hinting that he was playing on the Sina account but never outright said it. What a douche no balls move. Just fucking outright admit it!

Comments

JeffDime: +

Shizzmoney: this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post

So Jungleman is hinting that he was playing on the Sina account but never outright said it. What a douche no balls move. Just fucking outright admit it!

I totally agree Matt. If he just said “ I am guilty, I fucked up, I will do all I can to make this right with Bill and to hopefully in time restore my reputation in the poker community”. How much more powerful would that be than this long winded rationalization?

Thread Information