Thread: Christian right paid Roe half a million dollars to renounce abortion.

Load Metric

Christian right paid Roe half a million dollars to renounce abortion.

Comments

JimmyG_415: It was all BS anyway, they never cared about life (100k dead & Trump is a hero), it was about power over women.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay?

But the modern left's push for legalizing late term abortion for any reason has perverted the entire original concept of "safe, legal, and rare", which was the basis of the Roe v Wade argument.

The Christian right correctly predicted that it would eventually morph into what it already is today in some states.

Even I thought the Christian right was being ridiculous when they made this argument at the time. Turned out they were spot on.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The “modern left” is NOT pushing for legalizing late term abortions “for any reason”! That is a bullshit rightwing talking point!

dwai: mumbles offset

splitthis: Double

Load Metric
    Damn. I'll renounce it for $2,500.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Though I will say that the coronavirus has silenced the abortion hysteria (on both sides) for the moment.

It was rapidly escalating in 2019, with both sides furious at one another. The left was screaming about states like Georgia and Alabama, where abortion was being restricted, and the right was screaming about states like New York and Oregon, where late-abortion-for-any-reason was alowed.

This was likely to turn into a big issue for the 2020 election, but now it's mostly being ignored because everything these days is about the coronavirus, and abortion just doesn't fit into that picture.

Load Metric
    can someone explain to me how druff became an evangelical redneck

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Maybe from living in Riverside in the mid-90s? I actually picked enjoyment for country music while living there -- something I previously hated.

No, but the evangelicals were actually correct on this one. I used to laugh as much as everyone when they said, "They ain't done, one day they gonna be usin' this to kill babies at 8 months", but lo and behold, here we are and they were exactly correct.

Roe v Wade really was just a stepping stone to late term abortion rights, just like the evangelicals have been saying for decades.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Maybe from living in Riverside in the mid-90s? I actually picked enjoyment for country music while living there -- something I previously hated.

No, but the evangelicals were actually correct on this one. I used to laugh as much as everyone when they said, "They ain't done, one day they gonna be usin' this to kill babies at 8 months", but lo and behold, here we are and they were exactly correct.

Roe v Wade really was just a stepping stone to late term abortion rights, just like the evangelicals have been saying for decades.
    druff, evangelicals cannot read or write. stop making them out to be soothsayers.

they are against abortion because they believe life begins at conception. that's their primary objection to it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

druff, evangelicals cannot read or write. stop making them out to be soothsayers.

they are against abortion because they believe life begins at conception. that's their primary objection to it.
    Yes, that's their primary objection to it, but they have been saying for decades that the pro-choice fight isn't just about aborting early babies, that it's a more sinister plot to eventually allow women to kill viable babies.

At the time it sounded ridiculous. I actually gave the pro-choice crowd more credit than they deserved -- that they simply wanted the right to abort unwanted babies before they developed into fully formed human beings.

It turns out that, yes, the pro-choice crowd really did want late term abortion all along, but just couldn't publicly say so at the time because it wouldn't have gone over well.

Now, because the mainstream Democratic Party has been pushed further left, they not only came out and said that they want late term abortion, but laws have been passed in some states allowing it.

It's being disguised as "women's rights", "giving women control of their own health", and "removing the government from important decisions between a woman and her doctor". Really sneaky and highly misleading buzzwords. Whole thing disgusts me big time, and I was never one of those fanatical pro-lifers. I was even pro-choice earlier in life, when I was otherwise conservative about nearly everything else.

Load Metric
    This may go down in history as the ultimate sell out. I respect her decision and I hope she made millions. I would ask for 2.5 million signing bonus

Load Metric
    Okay?

But the modern left's push for legalizing late term abortion for any reason has perverted the entire original concept of "safe, legal, and rare", which was the basis of the Roe v Wade argument.

The Christian right correctly predicted that it would eventually morph into what it already is today in some states.

Even I thought the Christian right was being ridiculous when they made this argument at the time. Turned out they were spot on.
    This has the unfortunate defect of not being true.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is a right wing-talking-point parrot on this matter.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    This is just a general posting.

Just my input, I don’t agree with late term abortions. With that being said, I think it’s a couples decision. I don’t give a fuck if a couple decided to abort or keep a baby. It has zero influence on my life. I’ll never understand why it’s anyone else’s business. Everyone should be allowed to decide what is right for their life.

Weed is legal near by but I don’t smoke. I don’t care if other people smoke, its a choice. I don’t care about your personal religious beliefs or why you’re against it. Mind your own damn business.

Abortion is exactly like the anti gun argument. Gun owners say what I do in my life or own doesn’t concern you, pro abortion say it’s a women’s choice and no one else’s decision. Hypocrites on both sides.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Okay?

This has the unfortunate defect of not being true.
    How is it not true if there are already states with laws permitting late term abortions when the woman's life isn't in danger and there was no rape involved?

Load Metric
    druff, are you suggesting that abortion as a whole should be outlawed? i'm just not sure of your point here

Load Metric
    druff, are you suggesting that abortion as a whole should be outlawed? i'm just not sure of your point here
    Dumb blaaaaaaaacccckkkkk

Comments

blake: morphed into the worst poster in the internet

Muck Ficon: You really have become terrible lately
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    We don't really talk about it, only when GOP tries shutting them down.
    & you guys lost your "pro life" tag, forever.

FTR, I'm only in favor if they are "safe, legal, and rare", what was that last post about?
    If it is a conspiracy theory or if you are twisting the VA governor's words, just save it.

Though I will say that the coronavirus has silenced the abortion hysteria (on both sides) for the moment.

It was rapidly escalating in 2019, with both sides furious at one another. The left was screaming about states like Georgia and Alabama, where abortion was being restricted, and the right was screaming about states like New York and Oregon, where late-abortion-for-any-reason was alowed.

This was likely to turn into a big issue for the 2020 election, but now it's mostly being ignored because everything these days is about the coronavirus, and abortion just doesn't fit into that picture.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Look up the laws in places like Oregon and New York, Jimmy.

A woman whose boyfriend left her after the 8th month of pregnancy can easily get a legal abortion in these places.

Load Metric
    If she got all that money from Protestant evangelicals then that is funny as fuck, given she converted to Catholicism.

Oh, and Druff is correct.

Comments

Dan Druff:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    The ultimate absurdity is “pro choice” animal rights activism. So, killing an 8 month old human child an is ok, but not an animal?

gtfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Look up the laws in places like Oregon and New York, Jimmy.

A woman whose boyfriend left her after the 8th month of pregnancy can easily get a legal abortion in these places.
    I never got an answer on this:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post896211

I just want to know the base rate of women having late-term abortions for viable fetuses when their health is NOT actually at risk. Numbers, not anecdotal evidence.
    And I ask not as some kind of gotcha tactic - I would like to know the scope of the issue.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Good luck with this request. You’ll need it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So this lady basically is a whore, sold her integrity for filthy lucre and become a pawn.

Worthless...probably got her grandkids paid to lie on her deathbed.

Thread Information