Thread: Now or Later candies

Load Metric

Now or Later candies

https://www.sweetservices.com/now-an...SABEgImzvD_BwE

Have a craving to order, remember them from my childhood. 9 bucks a pack seems steep. Pretty gewy and sticky on the teeth . Its now and not now or wonder if there is a difference hve been making them since 1960

Lol no I wish, I just have that craving.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: are you fucking high

BCR: What zap said

Load Metric
    I’m just going to be frank with you here. As far as being a poster, your sell by date has long expired. I take no pleasure in saying this, but it’s time for you to hang up the keyboard and mouse. I would also say that it’s time for you to forget your PFA login credentials, but I have a sneaking suspicion that will sort itself out.
    Last edited by Krypt; 05-06-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Load Metric
    9 bucks a pack? good lord

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Now & Laters too hard

Name:  126079-01_mamba-fruit-chews-candy-6-packs-48-piece-box.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  45.2 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric
    ya Now & Laters are fail, wrapper always getting stuck too

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    ya Now & Laters are fail, wrapper always getting stuck too
    In 1987 I started buying Now and Laters from the snack counter at school. It was 50c per pack.

It was pure gambling.

About 33% of the time, it was tooth-breaking hard.

About 33% of the time, it was too soft and would stick to the wrapper. I probably ate a bunch of paper that year.

About 33% of the time, it was perfection. Like, the best candy you'd ever taste.

I bought this every day, but finally I got frustrated that 2/3 of the time it sucked, so I gave up on it.

I also gambled that same year on a slushy machine which dispensed the absolute best slushes I've had before or since, with a perfect flavor (not too sweet, but just sweet enough) and a perfect ice consistency. The only problem? About 40% of the time it would eat your 50c, and usually that also meant you couldn't try again until the next day unless you wanted to get owned again. But when it worked... again, amazing.

I probably wouldn't have gotten into gambling like I did, if it weren't for all the money I wagered on a perfect slushy and Now & Later pack.

Comments

thesidedish: lol wth

Sloppy Joe: Now and Later variance

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Charleston Chew. Best defunct candy. The end.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Old school candy rep

1marley1: Only frozen... like from the snack bar in the stands at the local hockey rink

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Fucking Money Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    I’m just going to be frank with you here. As far as being a poster, your sell by date has long expired. I take no pleasure in saying this, but it’s time for you to hang up the keyboard and mouse. I would also say that it’s time for you to forget your PFA login credentials, but I have a sneaking suspicion that will sort itself out.

Spoken just like a incense smelling Persian who buys whores and lives off his parents.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Have a craving to order, remember them from my childhood. 9 bucks a pack seems steep.
    Read the description. You get 24 bars, 6 pieces per bar. For a one time splurge, that's not very steep at all.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Charleston Chew. Best defunct candy. The end.
    ??

I've had 2 CCs in the past month

https://shop.tootsie.com/Charleston-...CharlestonChew

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I don't ever see Charleston Chews in stores. But I am on the west coast. The company changed hands a number of times in the last 40 years (Fox-Cross to Nabisco to Warner-Lambert to Tootsie Roll), so who knows if they are still the same. I see they can be ordered online.

The closest thing I can get to a Charleston Chew in LA is an Abba-Zabba. They are good, but a little too hard, and hard to eat.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    I don't ever see Charleston Chews in stores. But I am on the west coast. The company changed hands a number of times in the last 40 years (Fox-Cross to Nabisco to Warner-Lambert to Tootsie Roll), so who knows if they are still the same. I see they can be ordered online.

The closest thing I can get to a Charleston Chew in LA is an Abba-Zabba. They are good, but a little too hard, and hard to eat.
    I wish I remember where I have seen these around when I went out pre-CV but we definitely have them here in the armpit of the world NJ...even the strawberry and chocolate (think that's the flavor of the ones in the brown wrapper) ones...

it is fucking amazing...frozen is top top as well...damn was trying to cut out the sugar but may have to go apeshit on some of these...

Thread Information