Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trudeau bans 1500 assault firearms - Effective immediately

Load Metric

Trudeau bans 1500 assault firearms - Effective immediately

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday a ban on some 1,500 makes and models of military-grade "assault-style" weapons in Canada, a ban that is effective immediately.

OMG crime is going to to skyrocket and gangs will take over.

Just kidding, I think this is a great move.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

Comments

JimmyG_415: Mark my words, anyone who reacts negatively to this has a small penis

Load Metric
    smart, ballsy leadership.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Must be nice to live in a country with some common sense and proper priorities.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    And no right to bear arms.

Comments

splitthis: Correct

Load Metric
    List is fascinating includes lots of stuff that was already banned that he is taking credit for.

Load Metric
    This is a total political over-reaction to the Nova Scotia shooting IMO. This guy wasn't even supposed to own any guns, let alone assault rifle types or handguns, but got these illegally from the US. Numerous people had a chance to stop this for years, including his girlfriend, but elected not to for some reason. All they had to do was rat him out to authorities & it's over. Banning doesn't mean he still doesn't get them, in this case, because he obviously still got them.

That being said nobody NEEDS an AR-15 assault rifle but , at least in Canada, there have always been common sense gun laws in place that makes them & handguns really hard to get, legally, as well as letting the authorities know who has them. I have no real issue with the ban since I own zero guns, & never have, but I don't think this, people owning assault type rifles, is a real problem in this country.

I'd be interested to know how many of these newly banned weapons are actually legally owned in Canada by collectors because they do know this information. I'd also be interested in their estimates on illegals ones.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 05-01-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    This is a total political over-reaction to the Nova Scotia shooting IMO. This guy wasn't even supposed to own any guns, let alone assault rifle types or handguns, but got these illegally from the US. Numerous people had a chance to stop this for years, including his girlfriend, but elected not to for some reason. All they had to do was rat him out to authorities & it's over. Banning doesn't mean he still doesn't get them, in this case, because he obviously still got them.

That being said nobody NEEDS an AR-15 assault rifle but , at least in Canada, there have always been common sense gun laws in place that makes them & handguns really hard to get, legally, as well as letting the authorities know who has them. I have no real issue with the ban since I own zero guns, & never have, but I don't think this, people owning assault type rifles, is a real problem in this country.

I'd be interested to know how many of these newly banned weapons are actually legally owned in Canada by collectors because they do know this information. I'd also be interested in their estimates on illegals ones.
    I own some guns but in general I agree with you, even here in the US.

The best I understand the anti-gun lobby, we should then ban alcohol, smoking, cars, snack food, fried food, etc. Otherwise, the logic doesn't hold up.

Load Metric
    The only way to stop a bad guy with a machine gun is a good guy with a machine gun

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

The best I understand the anti-gun lobby, we should then ban alcohol, smoking, cars, snack food, fried food, etc. Otherwise, the logic doesn't hold up.
    I'm pretty sure you've mis-read my post.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Genius idea. I'm in favour of banning all those things, especially cars.

Load Metric
    im interested to see how the grandfathered in process is going to go.

Comments

Hockey Guy: My bad, I missed the grand-fathering part. That will be interesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    What grand-fathered in process?

The legal gun owners will have 2 years from today to get rid of them through sales or whatever while the illegal owners can carry on with their lives as if nothing happened.

This is explicitly stated in the article. There's no grey area here.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    What grand-fathered in process?

The legal gun owners will have 2 years from today to get rid of them through sales or whatever while the illegal owners can carry on with their lives as if nothing happened.

This is explicitly stated in the article. There's no grey area here.

It literally says right in the article that a person can apply for their weapon to be grandfathered

The government official said that, at the end of the two-year amnesty, gun owners must dispose of the firearm or they may be able apply for the firearm to be "grandfathered." Details on the grandfather process would be released at a later date, the official said.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Cool, I should have re-read it obv.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I know I mean out of the entire world three countries have the right to bear arms, USA, Mexico, and Guatemala.

Load Metric

I'm pretty sure you've mis-read my post.
    I am pretty sure I can't read

Comments

Hockey Guy: Fair enough.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Genius idea. I'm in favour of banning all those things, especially cars.
    I expected nothing less

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By itself, I don't mind if assault firearms are banned.

However, a lot of the time this is a stepping stone to further gun control, and I can't support any modification in guns laws in the US without being sure that it's not step #1 in an agenda for further restrictive measures.

As many on the left in the US want a transition to a European-style full gun control, any "gun measures" here really concern me. Unfortunately, in recent years, Democrats have come to understand that radical change via stepping stones is easier to enact than an abrupt major change. For example, there's widespread support for today the mid-2000s push to allow gay marriage (which I also agree with), but unfortunately that has evolved into transgenders in women's sports and transitioning 3-year-olds.

Similarly, if you outlaw assault weapons after an assault weapon spree killing, then there will be a similar push to disallow semi-automatic weapons after the next semi-automatic spree killing. Yet many don't understand what a semi-automatic weapon is (most modern handguns are semi-automatic).

California already started a lot of this idiocy, such as disallowing handguns with more than 10 rounds, which was just recently overturned after several years. The overturning occurred when the court was shown three police reports -- two where women were killed by home intruders after running out of ammo in their 10-round guns, and a third where a woman used 14 bullets to force out 2 intruders and shoot one dead, whereas she would have run out of ammo if she only had 10 rounds, and likely been killed.

I don't need the government telling me how many rounds I can have in my gun.

I realize this is all about the US, and Canada is different, because they don't have the right to bear arms. I'm just giving my thoughts on US gun control.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

I know I mean out of the entire world three countries have the right to bear arms, USA, Mexico, and Guatemala.
    Im just saying until the 2nd ammendment gets repealed the argument is pointless.

Load Metric
    The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Not my quote, it's Wayne's, but you gotta agree with that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Not my quote, it's Wayne's, but you gotta agree with that.
    It's my quote, dumbass. Stop stealing my material.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post896919

Thread Information