Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: lol @ the shit hole that is san francisco

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I dunno. Everybody has those ugly solar panels on their roof in my area. They seem to be accelerating. You get those unsolicited calls hustling those installations. That’s a tax credit driven deal. That’s the sales pitch too until I hang up.

Tesla wouldn’t exist if not for the EV tax credit too.

So there was legislation promoting public policy.

I personally don’t sort recyclables. That just honest. They won’t pick it up curb side if you don’t though. I just bring a bag to work and chuck it in our dumpster.

Again, trash is a huge difference now too. People have changed behavior. Better than me.
    I've had them for about 5 years.
    You did it to save money not altruism, amirite? So the Obama folk public policy did have an effect. Cali is still a hopeless shithole but there has been a shift in behavior elsewhere.

No amount of public policy can save them except millions fewer inhabitants. Trump is correct with his Cali stance.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I've had them for about 5 years.
    You did it to save money not altruism, amirite?
    Name:  DFFA1F0E-6DD8-41AD-9ADF-376EABEE0913.gif
Views: 348
Size:  1.66 MB

Load Metric

You did it to save money not altruism, amirite?
    Name:  DFFA1F0E-6DD8-41AD-9ADF-376EABEE0913.gif
Views: 348
Size:  1.66 MB
    So people are changing behavior and public policy driving behavior too.

Look I don’t have any plans to own an EV and would never install a solar panel. I don’t recycle. I’m kind of a fatalist environmentally. I appreciate the effort in others though and am very aware that others really care.

As I said, I live in a liberal state. Maybe THE liberal state. I am very conscious how out of step I am with my neighbors. That’s why your post interests me. I admire that they care. I feel if I didn’t wear a mask I would catch a beating or at the very least be shunned, for instance.

I know it’s different elsewhere.

Comments

herbertstemple: Let the environment take care of itself rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    On one hand San Fran has good weather, especially in summer. On the other hand, picking the city with the best year round weather in the country to compare it to (unless you legitimately like rain, which some people do) is definitely not doing a good job of picking your battles.
    Water is gonna be the new oil. But you knew that.

A balanced climate will be increasingly more appreciated. That and continuous power delivery. Lol Pacific Gas & Electric

100% re water. Some wealthy people have Been buying up those water rights. Gonna be huge. Just a matter of when. But they said that about oil decades ago too.

Gold
    Load Metric
    If you look at ecological records over thousands of years, the West coast has had hotter, drier periods than the present and cooler, wetter ones.

Brush fires happening during hot/dire periods is a completely normal part of the natural ecosystem, in fact some native species of plants are adapted to this so seeds can't germinate without being exposed to fire.

If anything the problem is we are too good at firefighting and we don't allow enough small fires to run their course naturally, so brush builds up and a threshold is hit and big devastating fires happen.

These fires are a bigger problem to the anthropologic world than the natural world. Nature actually recovers fairly quickly from fires (on an ecological time scale) if people let it.

But yeah, given the realities of our climate/ecosystem I think it is clear we need to completely rethink forest management and get much more aggressive about controlling dry brush buildup. This is much more feasible and useful in the short term than blaming things on climate change. We should of course be trying to shift away from burning fossil fuels for energy regardless for a variety of reasons; but trying to manipulate short term climate change on the West Coast of the US is not a valid reason why.

Load Metric
    I feel like the Weather is just cyclical and over say 50-100 years times will change and be different of course, it cycles. So you could say its because of this or that in this era and different then then, but im not a believer other then I do think our OZONE does play a factor in it, to what extent who know, but there is going to be some at least negative affect weather wise if we kill the OZONE for sure, but how much, is it as much as these Politicians are acting like (Just to corner them voters of course and get them. I don't think we truly know, but I do believe obviously the weather is cyclical and over say 100 years it will be much different then the previous 100 years, and im not so sure its because of :Climate change" I feel much of that is just politicians politicin to get votes. But who knows actually, I do know weathers cyclical and ever 100 years it will look different then the previous 100 years of course. IM just not sold on the OH ITS BECAUSE THE CLIMATES CHANGING, not directly, could that be a small part of some changes of course, but how major of them ones are they. No one knows, and we got other problems to worry about in this world then fkn climate change, of course. So for me I auto tune you out usually when you go that route. Anyway fun thread, hope you don't mind my long response =)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you look at ecological records over thousands of years, the West coast has had hotter, drier periods than the present and cooler, wetter ones.

Brush fires happening during hot/dire periods is a completely normal part of the natural ecosystem, in fact some native species of plants are adapted to this so seeds can't germinate without being exposed to fire.

If anything the problem is we are too good at firefighting and we don't allow enough small fires to run their course naturally, so brush builds up and a threshold is hit and big devastating fires happen.

These fires are a bigger problem to the anthropologic world than the natural world. Nature actually recovers fairly quickly from fires (on an ecological time scale) if people let it.

But yeah, given the realities of our climate/ecosystem I think it is clear we need to completely rethink forest management and get much more aggressive about controlling dry brush buildup. This is much more feasible and useful in the short term than blaming things on climate change. We should of course be trying to shift away from burning fossil fuels for energy regardless for a variety of reasons; but trying to manipulate short term climate change on the West Coast of the US is not a valid reason why.
    Have you been looking at the thousand year ecological records again?
    Record keeping began in 1850.

So I don't believe anything else you've said.
    Here's what scientists say

California’s climate is changing. Southern California has warmed about three degrees (F) in the last century and all of the state is becoming warmer. Heat waves are becoming more common, snow is melting earlier in spring—and in southern California, less rain is falling as well. In the coming decades, the changing climate is likely to further decrease the supply of water, increase the risk of wildfires, and threaten coastal development and ecosystems.

Our climate is changing because the earth is warming. People have increased the amount of carbon dioxide
    in the air by 40 percent since the late 1700s. Other heat-trapping greenhouse gases are also increasing. These gases have warmed the surface and lower atmosphere of our planet about one degree during the last 50 years. Evaporation increases as the atmosphere warms, which increases humidity, average rainfall, and the frequency of heavy rainstorms in many places—but contributes to drought in others.

Greenhouse gases are also changing the world’s oceans and ice cover. Carbon dioxide reacts with water to form carbonic acid, so the oceans are becoming more acidic. The surface of the ocean has warmed one degree during the last 80 years. Warming is causing snow to melt earlier in spring, and mountain glaciers are retreating. Even the great ice sheets on Greenland and Antarctica are shrinking. Thus the sea is rising at an increasing rate.

www.epa.gov

Gold
    Load Metric
    Thousands of homeless people in San Francisco are given free drugs with no one trying to really help them get clean. Harm reduction policies are out of control thanks to poor Democrat leadership and they are just helping these people meet a sad early demise. When will the people of San Francisco’s wake up and stop voting Democrat? Where is Nancy Pelosi?

https://twitter.com/RealJohnDennis/status/1306052405667143680

Comments

dwai:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Have you been looking at the thousand year ecological records again?
    Record keeping began in 1850.

So I don't believe anything else you've said.
    Here's what scientists say

California’s climate is changing. Southern California has warmed about three degrees (F) in the last century and all of the state is becoming warmer. Heat waves are becoming more common, snow is melting earlier in spring—and in southern California, less rain is falling as well. In the coming decades, the changing climate is likely to further decrease the supply of water, increase the risk of wildfires, and threaten coastal development and ecosystems.

Our climate is changing because the earth is warming. People have increased the amount of carbon dioxide
    in the air by 40 percent since the late 1700s. Other heat-trapping greenhouse gases are also increasing. These gases have warmed the surface and lower atmosphere of our planet about one degree during the last 50 years. Evaporation increases as the atmosphere warms, which increases humidity, average rainfall, and the frequency of heavy rainstorms in many places—but contributes to drought in others.

Greenhouse gases are also changing the world’s oceans and ice cover. Carbon dioxide reacts with water to form carbonic acid, so the oceans are becoming more acidic. The surface of the ocean has warmed one degree during the last 80 years. Warming is causing snow to melt earlier in spring, and mountain glaciers are retreating. Even the great ice sheets on Greenland and Antarctica are shrinking. Thus the sea is rising at an increasing rate.

www.epa.gov

FWIW, there is an actual scientific discipline of studying past climate patterns by looking at tree rings and other ecological evidence.

Anyways, the point is that fires are part of the natural ecological equilibria of the west coast, and if we want to minis their destructive effects on humanity moving forward, we probably need to take significnalty more proactive action in clearing dry brush.

Gold
    Load Metric
    San Francisco, America’s WORST city, continues its further rapid descent. THIS is what Democrat leadership gets you every single time:

“In San Francisco, burglaries are up 42% in the first 9 months of this year, compared to the same time period in 2019. In the Northern District, which includes Pacific Heights, the Marina, North Beach, and Cow Hollow, it’s up 59%. In the Mission, 79% and in the Richmond up 50%.”

https://twitter.com/KPIXtv/status/1308092143471398912

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    San Francisco, America’s WORST city, continues its further rapid descent. THIS is what Democrat leadership gets you every single time:

“In San Francisco, burglaries are up 42% in the first 9 months of this year, compared to the same time period in 2019. In the Northern District, which includes Pacific Heights, the Marina, North Beach, and Cow Hollow, it’s up 59%. In the Mission, 79% and in the Richmond up 50%.”

https://twitter.com/KPIXtv/status/1308092143471398912
    These are the “nice parts” of town and the libs that live there are not big 2nd Amendment fans. Smart on the burglars’ part. If they did this in Oakland, they’d be shot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Why not steal a bunch of shit? What's the downside? You don't have to worry about going to prison or anything. Freeroll.

Comments

Tellafriend: Much much more than you know

Load Metric
    thank God that liberal fag Jimmyg finally fucked off

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Narcan.html

This story is so quintessential San Francisco. Bum passed out in public library with an unleashed pitbull. Then when a security guard tries to give him Narcan, the pitbull mauls him.

Comments

splitthis: Unreal

Thread Information