Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worst mass shooting in Canadian history

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Are DJ Chaps and The Shrink accounted for?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/ameri...tie/index.html

This is the second high profile spree killing in Canada in the past year. The other was the summertime murder spree of two 19-year-old friends, which resulted in a long manhunt, and the suspects were found having killed themselves after running out of a way to continue fleeing from police.

This killer, a 51-year-old white man, apparently was able to elude police by disguising his car as a police vehicle, and wearing a Mountie uniform.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Are DJ Chaps and The Shrink accounted for?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/ameri...tie/index.html

This is the second high profile spree killing in Canada in the past year. The other was the summertime murder spree of two 19-year-old friends, which resulted in a long manhunt, and the suspects were found having killed themselves after running out of a way to continue fleeing from police.

This killer, a 51-year-old white man, apparently was able to elude police by disguising his car as a police vehicle, and wearing a Mountie uniform.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 396
Size:  1.90 MB

Comments

sonatine: absolute mvp post

Load Metric
    Its gonna be a huge story. This is even more odd than the vegas shooting guy. Getting very limited media attention outside of Canada but its pretty crazy. Looks like it was being planned for quite some time. Media not releasing a lot of details.

Guy possibly impersonated police and killed at least 19 people. Unclear who everyone is or even where the murders took place. The guy was a 51 year old dentrist...

https://heavy.com/news/2020/04/gabriel-wortman/

The mass shooting rampage, the deadliest in Canadian history, began late Saturday, April 18, in Portapique and ended Sunday, April 19, at a gas station in Enfield. Police have not said exactly how many people were killed or wounded during the 12-hour incident, which also included numerous fires to buildings and vehicles. Authorities said the killings occurred in multiple locations across the northern part of the province of Nova Scotia. Police do not believe anyone else was involved in the shootings, and they are not looking for additional suspects.

Load Metric
    There is some speculation that the mass shooting was related to financial issues COVID 19). But no proof just speculation

Here is an article i found prior to the shooting. I don;t know much about dentrist and if they are considered the same as dentists for funding.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6828754/d...t-nova-scotia/

Dental clinics were excluded from receiving the grant and lumped into a group of other ineligible health care providers, like physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacies and paramedics.

“All of these health care professionals actually can work right now, dentists can not, so there were many questions raised as to why we were excluded,” said Dr. Joanne Thomas, president of the Nova Scotia Dental Association.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The clinic my wife worked at slayed off all their dentists/dental workers pretty much the second shit started going down, ostensibly so they could file for unemployment right away. Not sure how that works in Canada though.

Load Metric
    Chaps is literally too lazy to pull off mass shooting

Load Metric
    Rofl I just skimmed this IT TOOK YOU CLOWNS 12 HOURS TO KILL ONE GUY

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    The clinic my wife worked at slayed off all their dentists/dental workers pretty much the second shit started going down, ostensibly so they could file for unemployment right away. Not sure how that works in Canada though.
    Problem is max unemployment is about 2k a month I believe (24k a year). Sounds like this guy owned the clinic. Would be making well into 6 figures.

You are gonna hear a lot of horror stories regarding the shutdown that haven't come out yet. My cousin in feb was slated for a 2 million dollar buy of a prominent steakhouse. The deal fell through. He tells me had he made the deal him and his wife would have been financially fucked (despite her being a partner in a methadone clinic).

Load Metric
    say, anyone know if Chaps is alright?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Problem is max unemployment is about 2k a month I believe (24k a year). Sounds like this guy owned the clinic. Would be making well into 6 figures.

You are gonna hear a lot of horror stories regarding the shutdown that haven't come out yet. My cousin in feb was slated for a 2 million dollar buy of a prominent steakhouse. The deal fell through. He tells me had he made the deal him and his wife would have been financially fucked (despite her being a partner in a methadone clinic).
    Yeah. I didn't see he owned the business.

For good or bad most working stiffs in the US, even healthcare adjacent fields, are so underpaid that getting unemployment plus stimulus checks isn't too bad a deal in the short term. But owning a business like that and getting no relief would be very problematic.

Load Metric
    Massive story here in Nova Scotia. Body count surpasses the Polytechnique massacre in Montreal. Still a lot of speculation but there is a similarity between Polytechnique and this incident because many of the victims are women and they may have been specifically targeted (starting with his ex it appears).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ered-1.5538032

He also appears to have had an obsession with the police. He made his own RCMP cruiser and collected memorabilia which, it appears, he used to impersonate an RCMP officer during the killing spree. Still more details coming out but there are rumours he was pulling people over on the highway and shooting them (again, not confirmed).

Here's a piece of the puzzle that hasn't gotten much attention but I think it could be relevant. It appears he had a run-in with city police (i.e., not RCMP) at his denture clinic in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia a few months back. There was a story published in February 2020 in a local gossip magazine called Frank. It's hard to describe Frank but they kind of satirize local news items, mostly making fun of local leaders and media figures. The tone of their articles is very glib with a humorous intention. Here's a link to the story but it's behind a paywall: https://www.frankmagazine.ca/post/car-54-where-are-you

The gist of the story is that some undercover cops parked in his clinic's private parking lot and left their car there, he barricaded them in with a chain across the entrance of the parking lot, they came back and he confronted them, they presented their badges, he didn't care and told them to pay him $20 to let them leave, they called dispatch to send over someone with chain cutters, a bunch of other cops converged on the scene, eventually the situation de-escalated and he let them out of the parking lot. Later that night he got an unrelated speeding ticket.

Just a very weird situation right now. If the pandemic wasn't going down this would make headlines across the world.

Comments

BetCheckBet: My dad introduced me to Frank 20 years ago. Dad briefly worked for Old Trudeau

duped_samaritan: Later that night he got an unrelated speeding ticket.

Load Metric

Yeah. I didn't see he owned the business.

For good or bad most working stiffs in the US, even healthcare adjacent fields, are so underpaid that getting unemployment plus stimulus checks isn't too bad a deal in the short term. But owning a business like that and getting no relief would be very problematic.
    Yes and despite the view that Canada has universal health care that is not true. Dentists/Dentrists are private and could make very good money especially running a clinic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    Massive story here in Nova Scotia. Body count surpasses the Polytechnique massacre in Montreal. Still a lot of speculation but there is a similarity between Polytechnique and this incident because many of the victims are women and they may have been specifically targeted (starting with his ex it appears).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ered-1.5538032

He also appears to have had an obsession with the police. He made his own RCMP cruiser and collected memorabilia which, it appears, he used to impersonate an RCMP officer during the killing spree. Still more details coming out but there are rumours he was pulling people over on the highway and shooting them (again, not confirmed).

Here's a piece of the puzzle that hasn't gotten much attention but I think it could be relevant. It appears he had a run-in with city police (i.e., not RCMP) at his denture clinic in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia a few months back. There was a story published in February 2020 in a local gossip magazine called Frank. It's hard to describe Frank but they kind of satirize local news items, mostly making fun of local leaders and media figures. The tone of their articles is very glib with a humorous intention. Here's a link to the story but it's behind a paywall: https://www.frankmagazine.ca/post/car-54-where-are-you

The gist of the story is that some undercover cops parked in his clinic's private parking lot and left their car there, he barricaded them in with a chain across the entrance of the parking lot, they came back and he confronted them, they presented their badges, he didn't care and told them to pay him $20 to let them leave, they called dispatch to send over someone with chain cutters, a bunch of other cops converged on the scene, eventually the situation de-escalated and he let them out of the parking lot. Later that night he got an unrelated speeding ticket.

Just a very weird situation right now. If the pandemic wasn't going down this would make headlines across the world.
    Are you in Halifax?

Ten years ago I interviewed for a CPA internship in Dartmouth actually. Loved the area. I always remember during the interview it was explained that it was standard every Friday afternoon to spend at the pub with fellow health care workers. Sadly didn;t get it otherwise would have likely stayed there to this day.

Load Metric
    19 dead does not qualify as a mass shooting in the US

Load Metric
    There is some speculation that the mass shooting was related to financial issues COVID 19). But no proof just speculation

Here is an article i found prior to the shooting. I don;t know much about dentrist and if they are considered the same as dentists for funding.

Dental clinics were excluded from receiving the grant and lumped into a group of other ineligible health care providers, like physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacies and paramedics.

“All of these health care professionals actually can work right now, dentists can not, so there were many questions raised as to why we were excluded,” said Dr. Joanne Thomas, president of the Nova Scotia Dental Association.
    Stupid to not allow dentists to work during this time. Among health professionals, they are most likely to have addictions to prescription painkillers. Suddenly losing the ability to work probably has accelerated the slide into addiction that some dentists have.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: thks for your service
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Stupid to not allow dentists to work during this time. Among health professionals, they are most likely to have addictions to prescription painkillers. Suddenly losing the ability to work probably has accelerated the slide into addiction that some dentists have.
    To be clear he is a dentrist not dentist but they are similar professions. Its also fucking nearly impossible to get info about dentrists because google prioritizes dentist listings thinking you misspelled it.

actually maybe it is spelled denturist not dentrist... i have no idea...

Load Metric

To be clear he is a dentrist not dentist but they are similar professions. Its also fucking nearly impossible to get info about dentrists because google prioritizes dentist listings thinking you misspelled it.

Oh! Probably not a long of ready access to painkillers in that sub-field of the medical profession.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's denturist:

A Denturist in the United States and Canada, clinical dental technician in the UK or (in Australia) a dental prosthetist, is a member of the oral health care team who provides an oral health examination, takes impressions of the surrounding oral tissues, constructs and delivers removable oral prosthesis (dentures and partial dentures)
    He also set shit on fire. Holy mid-life crisis white guy tilt batman

https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/nova-s...tmans-rampage/

Comments

duped_samaritan: til
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    say, anyone know if Chaps is alright?

CHAPS MIA and its 4/20, should be smoking weed on the internet

Load Metric
    The ugly truth is because the mass shooting happened in Canada and not the USA, nobody gives a shit. That is simply the reality. Now FTR I kinda like Canada. Vancouver and Quebec are pretty nice as far as a two or three day vacation goes. But as far as mass shootings it's not ever going to get press coverage.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: go fix a toilet

Thread Information