Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Instacart is a failsite and I hate it. Tips?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Day 3. Nothing.

If today completes without a delivery (which is likely), I am reducing tip to 10%.

Fuck that shit. I ain't paying over a $50 tip to be ignored for 4+ days in favor of more lucrative jobs.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Can you convince the delivery person to come on radio so you can interview him about tipping.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Can you convince the delivery person to come on radio so you can interview him about tipping.
    If he shows up before they cure COVID-19, which is looking doubtful

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Day 3. Nothing.

If today completes without a delivery (which is likely), I am reducing tip to 10%.

Fuck that shit. I ain't paying over a $50 tip to be ignored for 4+ days in favor of more lucrative jobs.
    Back in the 1950s, my grandmother used to have her produce delivered by the 40+ year old retarded son of the produce stand owners. He put it in the basket of his Pee Wee Herman style bike and she would give him a quarter. One day I was playing in my sand box with a small cheap wooden shovel and he came over and broke it in two and rode away laughing. My grandmother stormed up to the stand and complained. I never saw him making deliveries again. What does this have to do with your problem? Nothing, but good luck.

Comments

OSA: hahahahahahaha

Kuntmissioner: Memories

Load Metric
    Day 3. Nothing.

Will the shopper that eventually brings you your groceries see a tip amount before hand?

Haven't used instacart before - but obv you shouldn't be reducing the number if they see it before hand and accept it based on that number.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    My FreshDirect Order is $262 bucks and my window is 6-9am tomorrow Morning

How much should I leave? This question is primarily for Druff but all may answer.

Also should the tip be determined if my entire order was completed successfully? Note this is different from IC where its just one supermarket.

Load Metric
    Day 3. Nothing.

Sounds like somebody googled your name & found this place. You may as well reinforce his belief that he wasn't getting a tip no matter what.

Comments

OSA: Youre on a roll bro
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Day 3. Nothing.

Will the shopper that eventually brings you your groceries see a tip amount before hand?

Haven't used instacart before - but obv you shouldn't be reducing the number if they see it before hand and accept it based on that number.
    More accurate than you think. I was pissed about being de-prioritized and was going to reduce it to 10% last night. However, there's no way to do that. Once you place the order, you can't edit the tip until AFTER, which might be for the reason you stated.

Since I don't want to post-reduce the tip unless something goes wrong, I'm going to leave it at 15%.

We got the Albertson's portion today, and it was fine. The Costco part is coming in about 30 minutes. Costco was out of a ton of shit because the delivery person went very late in the day, which I presume they do because Costco has horrrrrrrrrrrible lines in the morning and early afternoon. Oh well.

Load Metric

More accurate than you think. I was pissed about being de-prioritized and was going to reduce it to 10% last night. However, there's no way to do that. Once you place the order, you can't edit the tip until AFTER, which might be for the reason you stated.

Since I don't want to post-reduce the tip unless something goes wrong, I'm going to leave it at 15%.

We got the Albertson's portion today, and it was fine. The Costco part is coming in about 30 minutes. Costco was out of a ton of shit because the delivery person went very late in the day, which I presume they do because Costco has horrrrrrrrrrrible lines in the morning and early afternoon. Oh well.
    From what I hear Insta Cart workers can go to Costco b4 it opens you got a lazy delivery guy.. Jew his tip.

Ill pm u a site u can find all about InstaCart workers.

LOL Its actually a facebook group.

Mother fckers r pulling in $2200 a week on this group lol. Fck Corona we r INSTACART from the heart!!

I cant bet a tennis match at 1am that I usually put 2200 On the Irony!!?

Im waiting for Bike a cart to come out then Im in business
    Last edited by badguy23; 04-17-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Load Metric

You've gotta have a better option available.

Around me it's a pain to find an open slot but with a little effort you can have fresh direct or amazon fresh delivered within 48 hours. (I have a couple other options like Shop Rite and 99 Ranch also) I've done it 3 times and haven't even had to interact with the delivery guy - they just text me and leave it on my stoop. I just leave the auto tip which is like 8% (the delivery guy doesn't do the actual shopping though).

The whole paying a third party to physically go into the store and pick out your produce, deli meat and everything else just for you seems inefficient.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 04-17-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You've gotta have a better option available.

Around me it's a pain to find an open slot but with a little effort you can have fresh direct or amazon fresh delivered within 48 hours. (I have a couple other options like Shop Rite and 99 Ranch also) I've done it 3 times and haven't even had to interact with the delivery guy - they just text me and leave it on my stoop. I just leave the auto tip which is like 8% (the delivery guy doesn't do the actual shopping though).

The whole paying a third party to physically go into the store and pick out your produce, deli meat and everything else just for you seems inefficient.
    Okay, so I'll look at Shop Rite and 99 Ranch. Never heard of them. Already tried Amazon Fresh. Doesn't deliver to this area. Sucks big time.

I agree that the Instacart model is dumb and inefficient, but I think that's all I got.

I'm already in talks with someone I know to start doing this for me, so I can bypass the awful Instacart thing.

Also today for the first time I attempted Target curbside service. It's terrible. Most things are "not available for curbside".

If it's in the store, why shouldn't it be available? Weak.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It really depends on what you’re ordering not the amount that you spend about how you get prioritized. If you’re gonna order a bunch of heavy items and space taking up items like water, big things of toilet paper, cases of pop - - the people taking order I.E. people doing this job with their 1998 cars aren’t going to take your order without a big tip if they can even fit it In their car. You are probably getting classified as a “bulk” order if that’s what you’re doing and Instacart has been known to steal tips as well. You should explore this topic tonight.

Load Metric
    Just goto the fucking market you pussy

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have had some good Instacart deliveries. On a recent one, though, I had a problem. The driver decided to buy himself 2 boxes of cat food for a total of $24 and added it to my order. I was charged for it. Instacart hasn't responded to my complaints. I lowered my tip, but the driver still made off like a bandit.

Load Metric
    I get my groceries delivered like 1 day later, sometimes same day. If you are that paranoid, drive up to your grocer and have them place in your back seat. I am really not sure why you are complicating this for no reason. Just order, drive at the specified time, put in backseat and leave.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

So I've become much more experienced with all this delivery shit since my first post. I have determined a few things:

1) Instacart sucks, marks everything up, and tacks on fees

2) Most stores Instacart delivers for have their own contracted delivery services where the items are not marked up, and where you get the items faster

3) Almost all pharmacies deliver or mail your prescriptions for free

Like an idiot n00b, I used Instacart and paid the marked up rates, services charges, delivery fee, and expensive 15% tip. Still took several days to get my stuff, as noted earlier in the thread.

Then I wised up slightly and signed up for their monthly flat-rate "free delivery" service. This eliminated the delivery charge but not various awful fees and price markups.

Then I wised up further and went to the website of my local supermarket. I saw they did delivery which they contracted through DoorDash. You can either pay $4-$6 per delivery or pay a monthly fee to get free deliveries as long as they are $35+. No price markups. Much better! Also, your groceries are prepared by an employee at the supermarket (or in their warehouse), and not searched for by some disinterested 25-year-old former Uber driver.

However, Costco had no such service, so I still used Instacart for them.

Then I wised up even further and realized that Costco has a partnership with Instacart already, which does free delivery, no idiotic fees, and while the items are marked up, they're marked up less than on Instacart itself. I did this tonight and got a same-day delivery. To be fair, Instacart was also doing same day delivery tonight, but I got the same stuff for cheaper with Costco's portal.

So seriously... fuck Instacart.

I'm going to cancel my monthly membership on Instacart as soon as it runs out in about a week.

The only caveats of the Costco portal:

- I think you need to be a Costco member to use it

- There's a little less flexibility. Like you can't order non-prepackaged ground beef, while you can with regular Instacart.

Also getting all my prescriptions shipped here, as is my girlfriend.

Only place I've gone to in the last few weeks (aside from hiking) has been the vet for my ancient dog.

I'm going to maintain this routine for the time being until the corona either has a treatment or vaccine.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: sensible

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My only beef so for with Instacart is when an item you want isn’t available they suggest the most expensive alternative....

Lame....so I have to go find a different product....they should just show all alternatives.

Ordered at 1 pm got my stuff before 3...not bad.

Load Metric
    all i know is im a fucking fish i could have gone to pizza hut and picked up my pie but somehow i got it delivered yesterday and it was 24 something for 1 large pizza when the deal was like 9.99 for a large absolute fish move

Load Metric
    instacart is expensive but its a fairly boutique service. not to mention its a great way to feel like youve rewarded someone for doing a good job. like when i tip someone for doing $100 worth of shopping for me for 15 minutes and driving another 25 to get to my house, then dropping my shit off and dipping without bothering me _at all_, i feel like a) that person deserves my $20 and im guessing they really do need it, and b) im financing a much improved future.

obviously people who think they are the only ones who actually exist arent going to get a lot of equity out of that.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information